FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realistic

Quote from: franklin on April 12, 2007, 10:56:16 AM
Thanks pat for the intellectual and stimulating response--- I simply meant that in my "limited/inexperienced" wisdom felt that this MAY not fit the people that have been collected at this time.... Of course there is no time left to get/recruit others into this school for our immed. future...... thus taking your cue/and insults galore-- my football playing roommate and I will be visiting Bridgewater tomorrow and UMD sat. and hopefully enrolling asap.   Name calling ,I had thought, was only for those who cannot grasp large portions of the english language and express themselves successfully.    I'm out.

you're transfering schools b/c your college hired a new coach?  It might not be ideal at first, but do you really want to change everything (even more than a new coach would) for 2 years of football b/c a coach was changed?

What about credits transfering?  Friends?  Seems a little harsh over a coaching change.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: LewDogg11 on April 12, 2007, 11:23:32 AM
I don't think there's any name calling go around.  There is some whining going on, but we're just throwing some factual information out there.  Let's face it, what is going on in the NEFC right now isn't working, maybe a new guy with some experience, and a new game plan might throw a little wrinkle into a deflated league.  Maybe it will take 3-5 years for it to work, with recruiting aspects and what not.  If the core of the existing team has the attitude of Rich Franklin over there, it might take longer than that until they get the bad eggs out of there and adopt a new attitude and a philosophy of WINNING!

And JU, for my historical fact of the day:

RPI  41
Albany 7 (Division 2 at the time)

Im 87% sure that Albany was never d2.  They were d3 in 1994 and I know they went to 1-AA later. 

Great Danes......I remember playin em. 

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jonny Utah on April 12, 2007, 01:07:07 PM
I don't think there's any name calling go around.  There is some whining going on, but we're just throwing some factual information out there.  Let's face it, what is going on in the NEFC right now isn't working, maybe a new guy with some experience, and a new game plan might throw a little wrinkle into a deflated league.  Maybe it will take 3-5 years for it to work, with recruiting aspects and what not.  If the core of the existing team has the attitude of Rich Franklin over there, it might take longer than that until they get the bad eggs out of there and adopt a new attitude and a philosophy of WINNING!

RPI  41

Im 87% sure that Albany was never d2.  They were d3 in 1994 and I know they went to 1-AA later. 

Albany State - 1995 NCAA Division II
Record 3-7
9/2 L at Dayton 14-40
9/9 W @ Central CT 17-10
9/16 L @ C.W. Post 21-27
9/23 L @ RPI 7-41
10/7 L @ Union 6-20
10/14 L So. CT State 14-35
10/28 W Pace 38-20
11/3 L @ New Jersey 3-=43
11/11 W King's, PA 50-0
11/18 L Stony Brook 21-40

Went D2 in 1995, D1-AA in 1999

Jonny Utah

I should have just said that I was 13% sure that Albany was d2 from the years 1995-1998.

And that theres only a 2% chance of that.

lewdogg11

Albany was 31-12 in D2 play.   Nanny nanny naaaaaannnyyyy. 

chopperj

Franklin, DIII football is about having the opportunity to play college football and building friendships and memories.  Changing schools because of a coach that you've never practiced with, leaving your team mates and   going to a new school and starting all over with a new program and new team mates seems a little drastic and to be quit honest immature.

Give the guy and your team a chance.  There are a core of quality athletes on your team that will rise to the challange.

P.S. Spring practice doesn't mean much it's all about being prepared for camp and you still have time to get some practices in.

PA_wesleyfan

Albany did what most of the new 1AA 's do. They play a year of DIII then DII and then move up. I rememeber Georgetown doing that a few years back. And I believe by their  4th year they were a real good team 
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

union89

Quote from: LewDogg11 on April 12, 2007, 01:36:49 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on April 12, 2007, 01:07:07 PM

RPI  41

Albany State - 1995 NCAA Division II
Record 3-7
9/2 L at Dayton 14-40
9/9 W @ Central CT 17-10
9/16 L @ C.W. Post 21-27
9/23 L @ RPI 7-41
10/7 L @ Union 6-20
10/14 L So. CT State 14-35
10/28 W Pace 38-20
11/3 L @ New Jersey 3-=43
11/11 W King's, PA 50-0
11/18 L Stony Brook 21-40

Went D2 in 1995, D1-AA in 1999

LD11 has a big, giant brain......it's a good deal perverted, but it is big!!!

waggle09

By the way, I follow New England Football and Coach Yettten and Coach McGonagle have done a super job at Bentley. Peter has a very good program and they are head and shoulders over the NEFC. That's not to say that many players in the NEFC could not play at the D2 level. Put Bentley against Worcester State and all the others it would be out of control

bearyear

franklin,
sorry lil late on this, but are you seriou? you sound like lil baby...do you honestly think its a better choice to transfer with 2 years left then to just adjust a bit to a new coach..whichever you do your still forced with learning a new program...your a college student, learning a new playbook is like taking math 105..for umd and bridgewater's sake i hope you stay at fitchburg..noone needs a crybaby player like you on their team...

bearyear

oh yea and regarding spring ball, bridgewater is only 2 deep

Jonny Utah

Quote from: waggle09 on April 13, 2007, 08:12:46 PM
By the way, I follow New England Football and Coach Yettten and Coach McGonagle have done a super job at Bentley. Peter has a very good program and they are head and shoulders over the NEFC. That's not to say that many players in the NEFC could not play at the D2 level. Put Bentley against Worcester State and all the others it would be out of control

I think Bentley is going to be hurting after the McGonagle loss.

gullgrad

What s the news out of Dartmouth?  Anyone know anything?

ctgridironmom

just checked UMass Dartmouth's website and it still says "Head Coach - Vacant"

Anyone know anything about incoming recruiting classes?

lewdogg11

Guys, don't forget this Sunday to 'Treat Your Mother Right!!!!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo