FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touchdown Tommy

What's up GHC?  Hope you guys are well!  It's time to style and profile.  See you in Salem.

Hey 11,

3-0...

TDT
Chasing MILFs since '82...

D O.C.

The johns finally get back in the playoffs and they duck our bracket.
We know not your doing TDT.

gren

Quote from: MonroviaCat on November 15, 2017, 09:41:19 PM
Quote from: wildcat11 on November 15, 2017, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: d-train on November 15, 2017, 08:36:57 PM
Big news out of Parkland: Scott Westering resigned today.

Wow! Congrats to Scott on his career at PLU. He's a good man and I wish him the best.

Very curious if Turner keeps it in the PLU family or blows it up and goes another direction.
The website says there will be a national search but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't remain EMAL.
How about a boy named Sue :D

speedybigboy

I've never been one to believe in or have "premonitions" but yesterday I was driving home from a work trip thru some mountains in Alaska where there is no radio coverage. This leaves about an hour for contemplation. As I'm driving I'm thinking about Lute football and it occurs to me that S Westy, as we called him, is around 60 and I'm wondering when he will call it a career. Perhaps it was prompted by RFB's seemingly snide remark regarding nepotism in Parkland. Imagine my surprise this morning when I open my home email and find a message from the AD announcing his resignation. I'm stunned. I was "bomber D" in 1980 when we won our first championship. That means I daily went up against the first and second team O to give them the look of our opponent. Scott was a key part of that team and I believe a key part of the offenses developed over the years Frosty continued to coach. I've only spoke with him a couple times over the intervening decades but he always greeted me by my nickname. I want to thank him for all he has done for the program and wish him well on whatever comes next.

Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat

My prediction for Saturday - Cat's 17 Hardin Simmons 14.  Willy Warne is the difference.  Cats offense does just enough to win the game while the D bends but doesn't break against a good HSU offense. 

speedybigboy

Unofficial word out of EMAL parties is that Scott did not in fact resign, but was fired. His character rings true though in that his parting words never once brought that up.

wildcat11

Quote from: speedybigboy on November 16, 2017, 05:02:20 PM
Unofficial word out of EMAL parties is that Scott did not in fact resign, but was fired. His character rings true though in that his parting words never once brought that up.

Sad if that's true. Felt like this 2018 PLU team is going to be a conference contender too.

wildcat11

Quote from: Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat on November 16, 2017, 04:13:00 PM
My prediction for Saturday - Cat's 17 Hardin Simmons 14.  Willy Warne is the difference.  Cats offense does just enough to win the game while the D bends but doesn't break against a good HSU offense.

I'll take it...one thing that jumped out at me was turnover ration.  'Cats are a +11 on the season and HSU is a -1.  With as explosive as HSU is, Linfield will need  exploit this trend on Saturday.

wildcat11

Quote from: Touchdown Tommy on November 15, 2017, 11:23:50 PM
What's up GHC?  Hope you guys are well!  It's time to style and profile.  See you in Salem.

Hey 11,

3-0...

TDT

TDT...the St. Paul Park YMCA finally get that free WiFi set up?

d-train

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 16, 2017, 05:54:57 PM
Sad if that's true. Felt like this 2018 PLU team is going to be a conference contender too.
+1. I was encouraged by the 2nd half of the season and surprised by yesterday's news out of Parkland. I'm sure there is more to the story (other than the official release), but I'm still kinda sorting out the rumors.

umhb2001

Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

spiritof86

Cats 31
Hsu 6

Sure thing baby.
Saturday will be the most epic tailgate ever, especially if my wife gives birth under the Quick-Shade.

desertcat1

Have you been drinking already?
8-)
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

spiritof86

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 17, 2017, 10:27:30 AM

Have you been drinking already?
8-)

Desert! Not yet, although I do have the day off. When I left Abilene after the humiliating 2006 loss, I vowed that I would never let hsu beat Linfield again. And I haven't.

My prediction was a bit off.

Cats 70
Cowboys 1
Saturday will be the most epic tailgate ever, especially if my wife gives birth under the Quick-Shade.