USA SOUTH players in the Pro's

Started by rlscosta, January 06, 2009, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTBB1971

Kenny Moreland (Aberdeen Ironbirds) is now 3-0, 0.50 ERA, 3 GS, 18 INN, 10 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 13 K's deserves to be called up to the Frederick Keys, High Class A.

Catfishncwc

I think a promotion to Frederick is about a year away.  Frederick has 4 legit prospects in the rotation.  Also Delmarva which is between Aberdeen and Frederick has 2 prospects in the rotation.  That is a lot of players to jump over not counting the guys they drafted last year and this year flooding the system.  Kenny will probably end the year at Aberdeen or Delmarva. 
1999 Division 3 National Baseball Champs

hokieone

Moreland now 3-0, 0.36 ERA, 25 innings, 1 run, 14 hits, 1 BB, 19 K's.  Maybe the sheer silliness of his stats will get him moved up. The O's could have a couple of their top AAA pitchers in Baltimore before too long so perhaps the shuffle to fill those spots will get Kenny further up the ladder. I'm not suggesting he be elevated to AAA, just that when the O's move some guys up to fill those spots, spaces left down below might get him on the move.   

vwgma10

Chris Rivera from VWC is pitchng for the Potomac Nationals...He is doing pretty well..Had a couple of rough outings but seems to be back on track again...

vwgma10

A lot of you probably remember Dave Whigham. Pitched for Guilford 3 years then for VWC his senior year..He now plays for the El Paso Diablos He got hit in the right temple with a line drive on the 9th of July  (I think thats right) and was in ICU for a while and also had to have an operation...He's gonna be able to play again but not until next year...A very luck young man..only 50% pulls through an injury like this....Link to an interview with Dave...     http://www.ktsm.com/sports

hokieone

Moreland goes to 4-1. 38 innings pitched, 27 hits 29 K's, 1 bb, era: 0.95.

1 walk in 38 innings. Lee McPhail, he's your kind of guy!

p.s. O's TV announcers say that O's management doesn't see any pitcher movement any time soon so the young guys in Baltimore need not look over their shoulders. While that makes sense, baloney, we want movement so our man Kenny can move up. 

Catfishncwc

1999 Division 3 National Baseball Champs

hokieone

Moreland has been called up to High A Frederick. Gee, there's a tough personnel call: 51 innings, 0.88 ERA, 39 K, 3 BB, 32 H.  He should be there for the duration of the season, unless he earns a short trip to Bowie by season's end. :)    Go Kenny! 

narch

from
http://www.mumonarchs.com/news/2009/8/13/BB_0813094423.aspx

PORTLAND, Maine - Former Methodist baseball player Blake Maxwell has been nominated for the Portland Sea Dogs' Citizen of the Year award. Fans can cast their votes now through Sept. 1 to support Maxwell.

Maxwell has pitched in 27 games with the Sea Dogs this season while carrying a 4-7 record. He has struck out 42 batters in 84.2 innings pitched. Off the field, Maxwell has supported the team's cause in the community through a number of events and promotional appearances.

The Sea Dogs are a Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox out of Portland, Maine. Maxwell spent three years with the Monarchs and set the school record for career saves with 22 before being drafted by the Red Sox in the 2005 Major League Amateur Draft.

Vote now to support Blake Maxwell as the Portland Sea Dogs' Citizen of the Year:
vote here

after a really difficult april/may (8.5 + era), blake has settled in and has a 3.25 era and a 4-3 record in june/july/august

hokieone

Trae Bailey of CNU signed this week with the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs of the Atlantic League.  Go get 'em Trey!

LTBB1971

Has any one heard if Trae Bailey has resigned with the Blue Crabs?  I don't really think he really got a shot to show his stuff with them.  They used him sparingly as a 2B, even though that's where he played in High School.

LTBB1971

River City Rascals of Frontier League signed Ben Hildreth of Averett University to a contract.  They drafted in in the second round of the 2009 Fall League Tryout.  Good luck Ben!

cnuball25

He could really throw it...glad to see he's getting a shot to continue his career. Keep us posted!

randomguy

i appreciate the support from people other than averett, it looks like the team is bringning around 25 or so pitchers to spring so ill have to beat out half in order to make the actual team.  My spirits are high and I  feel like I can win my spot... I will keep people updated though it really makes me happy to know people are supporting me from the USA south.  (BTW this is Hildreth in case some people did not know)