FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRMUalum13

Quote from: HScoach on December 15, 2017, 10:55:26 PM
Hard to imagine the same defense that game up 30+ to Frostburg and 40 to UWO was the same one we watched ton8ght.  Very odd season.

Technically the d only gave up 31 to UWO. But like 27 or something JCU? very strange season, the defense was streaky but they showed up tonight

emma17

HScoach

Quote from: emma17 on December 15, 2017, 11:37:10 PM
Not all offenses are created equal.

I fully understand that, but it's still shocking.   Mount's defense has been boom or bust all season.  Expect for last night.  That was 60 minutes of BOOM.

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: HScoach on December 16, 2017, 08:45:49 AM

I fully understand that, but it's still shocking.   Mount's defense has been boom or bust all season.  Expect for last night.  That was 60 minutes of BOOM.

I never would have predicted 8 sacks for Mount and 1 for UMHB.

Bartman

I think based on last nights Championship game, Oshkosh should be  #2  in the final poll...you guys had a great team and came so close
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

emma17

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 16, 2017, 09:26:45 AM

I never would have predicted 8 sacks for Mount and 1 for UMHB.

There is no doubt that Mt brought the D last night and likely played better than any game previously (I wouldn't know). Don't forget, Brockport sacked UMHB 4 times and St. T sacked them 6 times.
There was this thread of thought by some that UMHB was sort of holding back their O during their games. They'd jump out to a lead and then "let the D do its thing", as though they really weren't trying to score more and could if they chose to do so. I think some of what we saw last night was the reality of UMHB's offense.
If defense was all a team needed to win championships, UMHB would have finished the season undefeated.
Mt was the better team all around.

edward de vere

Mount's defensive players said before the game and VK said after the game that it was somewhat of a relief to be playing a team with an offensive style they were familiar with.  Mount's guys didn't have to learn anything new, and, in fact, were facing a UMHB offense that was similar to the one Mount faced in practice every day - but inferior.

AND they faced a freshman quarterback, a far cry from the Brett Kaspers of the world.

emma17

That's interesting Edward, I didn't hear the comments but it sure makes sense. I'm sure it hurt for UMHB to lose Josey in the first quarter, but I was surprised UMHB didn't do more to get the ball in Wilkerson's hands in creative ways. My wife and I were joking that UMHB should have sent Wilkerson deep- but behind their own offense, and then thrown it to him, giving him the field to work with.
Their traditional plays seemed to be exactly what Mt was expecting.

edward de vere

In addition, one of the announcers - I can't remember whether if it was ESPN or D3 - quoted Vince Kehres as working on UMHB all off-season!

bleedpurple

Quote from: emma17 on December 16, 2017, 03:45:52 PM
That's interesting Edward, I didn't hear the comments but it sure makes sense. I'm sure it hurt for UMHB to lose Josey in the first quarter, but I was surprised UMHB didn't do more to get the ball in Wilkerson's hands in creative ways. My wife and I were joking that UMHB should have sent Wilkerson deep- but behind their own offense, and then thrown it to him, giving him the field to work with.

You are very very blessed!

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on December 16, 2017, 10:10:41 PM

Indeed I am. Thank you sir.

WarhawkDad

Yes he is!
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"

bleedpurple

Quote from: WarhawkDad on December 17, 2017, 05:59:32 PM

Yes he is!
Yes, his wife jokes about the design of a play and even identifies Wilkerson. My wife walked by and said "Who is Mary Baylor and why are there schools named after her?" True.

retagent

Here to spread Holiday Cheer (+ Karma) and wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Probably won't be on here as frequently until next August.

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on December 18, 2017, 01:35:57 AM
Quote from: WarhawkDad on December 17, 2017, 05:59:32 PM

Yes he is!
Yes, his wife jokes about the design of a play and even identifies Wilkerson. My wife walked by and said "Who is Mary Baylor and why are there schools named after her?" True.

That's very funny, reminded me of something my UWW student son would say.

But speaking of blessings, I know both of you have incredible family blessings.
UWW has played an amazing role in bringing energy, appreciation and life to our blessings.