FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Well, a whole lot of stuff I didn't THINK I did - and how do I get a negative karma before I even post it? ???

Pat Coleman

Unlike post ratings, karma is tied to the individual person and follows you wheresoever you may go.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr. Ypsi

Pat,

You mean despite what a sweet guy I really am, I'm doomed to have a negative karma for the rest of my life?? ;D

I'll blame it all on Scottie and/or Greg and/or David and/or Jim and/or (well, apparently there are an infinite number of potential suspects - ah, I recall that DMan had it in for me!)  Oy Vey, I'm a good boy, I am!  :o

I'm fairly certain that my karma is not negative elsewhere other than d3hoops.com, so I guess I can still sleep comfortably!  : ;)

[I think you've created a monster with these too-accessable 'emoticons'.  :(]

usee

i think we should forget about these new gadgets and get back to talking football

Mr. Ypsi

usee,

That scrolling is so cool - in the long run, obnoxious, but cool!  What did you do to get that?

Last year I argued vociferously about top 4/bottom 4, with IWU a member of the top 4.  I'm not sure I want to argue that any more (HISTORICALLY true, but they seem seem to have plummetted).

Is there anyone who will argue for IWU finishing in the top 4, or are they in a total slump?  (And, if so, why?)

CardinalAlum

Mugsy,

I enjoy the old days talk, cause I was right there with you!
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

CardinalAlum

Junior Varsity????  New format looks fantastic, but I got demoted. ???
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

79jaybird

I always find it interesting how people react to new things.  Word from Elmhurst camp is positive with no major injuries (hopefully none)  to speak of.  Both Kudyba and Freund are battling for the top QB spot (Kudyba probably would start game one if I were to guess).  The #2 back behind Luna is going to be a dog fight.  Some great newcomers should compete.
Can the season start this Saturday????
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

masko

What's up with Augie being 4th?  I think the last time that was the case - John Lennon was shot believe it or not!  1979 they came in 4th place behind Milikin, Elmhurst, IWU....

augiefan

Just checking in to see if I can post correctly under the new format. And by the way: Go Augie!!!"

vikes35

masko,

Maybe with our Vikings being predicted 4th they will have a little less pressure on them and they can play better, but I agree with you seems a little odd to see Augie as a middle of the pack team in preseason predictions. It also shows the depth that the CCIW has got this season as the conference has 4 teams that received preseason votes. Go Vikings (season less than 3 weeks away, can't wait).

CCIDUBYA

Dont know if i like the new setup. Then again i dont like change. My candidates: opoy- spencer
                                      dpoy- fox/barnes
                                      coach of the year- swider
                                      game of the year- carthage v auggie

joeyrich26

First time user. I like this format. So are there any favorites as to who will win this conference? im new to the area and played ball at loras, but know several people who played in the CCIW and also coach. Love this conference.  8) :

79jaybird

All right a new signee! (Joey welcome to the board)
Favorites have to be North Central/Wheaton  as judged by the majority of posters.  Wheaton has won 4 of the last 5 however North Central on paper is loaded.
Masko-It has been awhile since Augie is predicted to finish 4th.  Gosh, 1979 football season, I was still 2 months in the making.  ;D
I think this is just a sign of the times that parity is ever increasing and any given Saturday... you have to come ready to play.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

matblake

Hey gang,
I finally took the plunge and signed up!  I have been lurking for over 2 years now.  Looking forward to things really getting heated up over the next few weeks as the countdown to football begins.  Looking forward to some great discussions.