FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhythm21

Aurora 28-St. John's 14 2 minutes left second quarter.

AU's offense is for real and defense is playing well. Leggggggoooooo Spartans!!!!
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

Aurora scores in under a minute to open the second half, extra point is blocked. Aurora 34-St. John's 21!
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

Start of the 4th, Aurora 40-St. John's 35. 15 more minutes, boys. Let's close it out!!!!
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

Absolute dart from Zimbelman to Harner!!! Aurora up 9, under 9 minutes to go!!!
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

St. John's up 4, 1:49 left, AU getting the ball. Come on Offense, let's get it done!!
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

Final score: St. John's 51-Aurora 47. It's not the result we were hoping for and there is no such thing as a moral victory, but the future looks bright. Zimbelman and Aurora's offense showed they are capable of competing with a top 10 team in the country and the defense has some playmakers that just weren't able to make that clutch play this time. Game lived up to the hype, excited to see where the program goes from here, sky's the limit!
AU Black and Blue

thunderdog

Whale of a game by AU! Another 10-15 seconds on the clock, and it coulda been a different result. Hats off to AU for a tremendous effort.

retagent

Let me be the first Johnnie backer to say what a great game the Spartans played. In the Johnnies only other loss, they dominated statistically, and it was a bit of a fluke. This game the AU offense couldn't be stopped. Fun to watch. Well, at the end. I think Aurora must have lead for about 56 minutes out of 60. You have a lot to be proud of, and a lot to look forward to.

SpartanHouse

I will be curious how long Beebe stay at Aurora. Gotta think that a turnaround like what he did this past year will get noticed and some bigger programs will come lurking.

Rhythm21

Quote from: retagent on November 23, 2019, 04:21:10 PM
Let me be the first Johnnie backer to say what a great game the Spartans played. In the Johnnies only other loss, they dominated statistically, and it was a bit of a fluke. This game the AU offense couldn't be stopped. Fun to watch. Well, at the end. I think Aurora must have lead for about 56 minutes out of 60. You have a lot to be proud of, and a lot to look forward to.

It was a really good game, super excited of where AU's program is at right now. Defense needs to be addressed, but your QB showed us why he won the Gagliardi as a junior. And your WRs-- Alston, Mohr and Hodge, I think -- are elite playmakers. And your O-line, with the exception of a few coverage sacks, made the game look like it was 7 on 7. Proud of my Spartans for the effort, but St. John's was the better team. Congratulations and good luck going forward in the playoffs! It would be nice to say we were knocked out of the playoffs by the 2019 National Champions  ;)

Quote from: thunderdog on November 23, 2019, 04:16:04 PM
Whale of a game by AU! Another 10-15 seconds on the clock, and it coulda been a different result. Hats off to AU for a tremendous effort.

That sack at the 50 killed us. Johnnie's defense showed up when it needed to.

Quote from: BigRedScots on November 23, 2019, 04:34:26 PM
I will be curious how long Beebe stay at Aurora. Gotta think that a turnaround like what he did this past year will get noticed and some bigger programs will come lurking.

Oh yeah, bigger programs will be interested for sure. I'm hoping Beebe stays home in Aurora and continues to build up the program. But we'll have to wait and see.
AU Black and Blue

sncdangler

Looking forward to doing battle with Aurora when my Green Knights come into the NACC in a couple years. Should be fun competition. Great showing today at SJU.

Veek

Hats off to Aurora for a great game today. You have a great QB who used his elusiveness to make many big plays.  I can't remember such a high scoring game on both sides of the ball in Collegeville in my 45 years of watching the Johnnies.  Congrats for a great game.  You have much to look forward to and your fans were great, too!
Go Johnnies!!!

OzJohnnie

That AU QB was a handful.  It's been a long time since the Johnnie defense was challenged like that.  A real heart stopper of a game.  You've got a great team, Spartans, and I reckon next season you will be given a lot of respect.
[  

sjusection105

AU the Spartans are for real! This game will go down as one of the classics in Johnnie play off history, and that's saying a lot. We will see you next year in the season opener.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

SpartanHouse

Will AU be ranked in the final poll? If so...what?

21st...ish.