MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUPHF

OK, at some point, I'll stop with these updates, but Shea Feehan was offered by Manhattan.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/shea-feehan

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: WUPHF on May 15, 2018, 11:42:27 AM
OK, at some point, I'll stop with these updates, but Shea Feehan was offered by Manhattan.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/shea-feehan

November 15?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

As soon as he commits, I guess.

It seems likely that is coming soon.

Or, maybe I should leave the news to our resident Eureka fan to report.

I do think this is a cool story in the making.

hopefan

I picked the right time to go looking for news... and this, for SLIAC and Eureka fans, is HUGE!!!   From twitter yesterday....

@FeeFor3
Follow Follow @FeeFor3
More
Blessed and excited to announce that I have committed to the University of Evansville where I will pursue my Master's degree. #PurpleAces 🏀

So, Shea Feehan is getting a chance to play D1.. Evansville... What an opportunity...

If my past writings were to be reviewed, it's obvious I was not particularly fond of some of Shea Feehan's quirky (obnoxious) mannerisms on the court, towards referees, opponents, his coach... but a heck of a player, so excited for him.. I wish him all the best...  these situations are so rare, I hope he represents all of D3 well against the big boys....

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

WUPHF

So much for leaving the news to our Eureka fan...  :P

This is a great move for Shea Feehan.

He will get a chance to play on the road at Illinois and Xavier along with a home and away against Loyola Chicago.

He will get a chance to play in front of the home crowd at Bradley.

He will get a chance to play in one of the better mid-major conference tourneys in the heart of SLIAC country.

And, Evansville loses their two best three-point shooters.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on May 18, 2018, 02:01:53 PM
So much for leaving the news to our Eureka fan...  :P

Not so sure ECRed is a regular  during the off season....plus, I AM from Eureka.... Mo... ;D ;D

hopefan

I really am curious to see how Feehan will do... wish some of our CCIW fans had seen him play and could offer up some opinions... leads to the question as to how some of the best CCIW small guards (6' or under) might have fared vs mid level D1 Competition....
Wonder if Shea has had off-season opportunity to play with and against better players in the past...

WUPHF

Westminster College recruits

Trenton Barbour, Jamestown

Makygh Galbreath, Fulton

Sam Groner, Fatima

Tyler Sparo, Mexico

Jak Kitchens, New Bloomfield

New Bloomfield is a small school for sure, but Kitchens finished his career above 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds.

WUPHF

Borrowed from the CCIW thread...

Quote from: Titan Q on May 23, 2018, 06:53:40 AM
IWU's 2018-19 schedule...

http://www.iwusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&schedule=249&

I can think of at least one fan who might be excited enough by a Thanksgiving weekend in St. Louis to leave Florida behind for a week.

IWU plays Washington University on November 20, then returns to the Grant Gymnasium to play Westminster and Webster on November 23 and 24.  Principia and Fontbonne may also have something going on.

y_jack_lok

Webster 2018-19 schedule is posted. First game is Thursday 11/8. A couple of TBA opponents at Maryville (TN) Classic. http://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

hopefan

Quote from: y_jack_lok on June 03, 2018, 09:27:22 AM
Webster 2018-19 schedule is posted. First game is Thursday 11/8. A couple of TBA opponents at Maryville (TN) Classic. http://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

At this point in time, Blackburn, Eureka, and Greenville schedules are also posted...Game that caught my eye is Eureka will be playing at Grinnell....

Fontbonne, MacMurray, Westminster, Spalding, Iowa Wesleyan, and Principia not yet posted....

hopefan

Let's start some wild and crazy speculation....

In looking for next year's schedules across the nation, I see that long time head coach at Maryville College (Tennessee) Randy Lambert has announced that 2018-19 will be his last year of coaching...
Would Webster Head Coach Chris Bunch consider going back to his basketball roots and throwing his hat in the ring for this job???  I (and likely many others) think of Coach Bunch as a forever Coach at Webster, just as we thought of Coach McKinney at Fontbonne, but this might just be the one place that Coach Bunch would give serious thought to..

And then, would current assistant Landon Kurz be given the opportunity to step up at Webster, or would some current SLIAC Coach get involved, at Webster where the grass might be a little greener on the west side of the Mississippi...

Nobody get mad at this... just some offseason fun....  TOTAL off the cuff "wonder if" stuff....

Pat Coleman

Quote from: hopefan on June 26, 2018, 05:07:03 PM
Let's start some wild and crazy speculation....

In looking for next year's schedules across the nation, I see that long time head coach at Maryville College (Tennessee) Randy Lambert has announced that 2018-19 will be his last year of coaching...
Would Webster Head Coach Chris Bunch consider going back to his basketball roots and throwing his hat in the ring for this job???

The job isn't going to open. They're promoting Lambert's assistant: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/06/maryville-lambert-to-retire
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.