MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

With Principia graduating Davidson and Ross, any word on who's coming in to help Micah Paulson and Goodman score? 
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 26, 2018, 06:20:18 PM
Quote from: hopefan on June 26, 2018, 05:07:03 PM
Let's start some wild and crazy speculation....

In looking for next year's schedules across the nation, I see that long time head coach at Maryville College (Tennessee) Randy Lambert has announced that 2018-19 will be his last year of coaching...
Would Webster Head Coach Chris Bunch consider going back to his basketball roots and throwing his hat in the ring for this job???

The job isn't going to open. They're promoting Lambert's assistant: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/06/maryville-lambert-to-retire

Ah well, thanks Pat, I didn't read the article, just the headline... We'll be happy to keep Coach Bunch at Webster!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

It's unofficially official... Romo Tabb will be playing hoops for Westminster in 2018-19

Tabb averaged just short of 16 ppg and 6 rpg in the 2016-17 season, helping Weestminster to an NCAA Tourney appearance, then sat out last season....
Yes, this from an outstanding source.....

WUPHF

I finally had a chance to watch some highlight videos for Westminster recruit Jak Kitchens.

As far as I can tell from various reports, Kitchens average 16 points per game and 9.5 points per game as a high school sophomore.  Kitchens finished with over 2,000 points and 1,100.

New Bloomfield is a 400 student Class 2 high school that plays other 300-400 per schools in the middle of Missour-uh, but still...

Highlights
https://l.hudl.com/profile/5482459/Jak-Kitchens

hopefan

I just noticed that Prin takes their 2nd West Coast Trip in two years... they play at Caltech, not sure if a second opponent is scheduled...nice for the Paulson brothers who come from Washington state.... nice for a team that unless they get some recruits in, may struggle to find enough players to field a team ( a real shame for Micah Paulson and Trevaughn Goodman, two possible 1st team All-SLIAC players).. a strange situation...
Prin played in Hawaii last year...

hopefan

MacMurray schedule now up on their site... highlight is trip to Music City Tourney down in Nashville over Christmas... Coach Todd Creal and the Highlanders will have their hands full with 4 of last year's starters graduating.... many freshmen with upside potential coming in, but lots to learn....

Fontbonne schedule also up... tough to understand a two game tourney at Webber International, middle of nowhere Florida, against 2 non-NCAA teams...also an apparent neutral court game in Chicago vs Marian, wonder what the details are?  If all are back, the Griffs should take a significant step up in the SLIAC standings this season...showed some very athletic talent last year....

Greek Tragedy

Interesting scheduling for that neutral site game in Chicago. U of Chicago hosts the Midway Classic Saturday and Sunday, while Marian host UW-Superior on Saturday. It's a 5 pm game on a Friday so my first thought was that was the 1st game of some kind of double-header.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

It's clearly a we'll-meet-you-halfway kinda game. Chicago's not exactly halfway between Fond du Lac and St. Louis, and it's much further east than the closest route between the two cities, but it's a much more likely place to find a rentable gym than the actual halfway point, which is in the cornfields off I-39 somewhere south of I-88.

Just because the game's listed as being played in Chicago doesn't mean that it's at Ratner. There are three D3 schools in Chicago, after all, not one. North Park is hosting the opening round of the NPU Invite that night up here on the North Side, so IIT's gym, Keating Sports Center, is also a possible venue for Fontbonne vs. Marian. In fact, unless the Fontbonne website got the time wrong, the game won't be at Ratner, since the U of C's women's team is hosting Heidelberg at 5 pm on Nov. 16.

(When a North Park team plays at the University of Chicago, the NPU website always lists the game as being played in Hyde Park -- the South Side neighborhood in which the U of C is located -- rather than Chicago, in order to avoid misleading people into thinking it's a home game.)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Let me offer a theory that is as plausible as any.

The current head coach at Marian played at DePaul under then and current Blue Demons head coach Dave Leitao.

The Marian coach calls in a favor and boom, Fontbonne is playing Marian at the Sullivan Athletic Center.

Not that I have any knowledge about basketball, but I did once watch two NAIA teams play there, so I know it would work for this game.

Gregory Sager

Yes, that is as plausible a theory as any. McGrath-Phillips Arena (Sullivan AC's competition gym) seats 3,000, which makes it more than adequate for even a marquee D3 men's basketball game. (It's where the DePaul women's basketball team plays most of its home games.) And Fontbonne vs. Marian certainly isn't going to be a marquee game by D3 standards, particularly when it's played three hours from one campus and four and a half hours from the other.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Wow, I do not remember the gym being so big.

Maybe Fontbonne can generate some excitement for the program in the Windy City while they are up there.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: y_jack_lok on June 03, 2018, 09:27:22 AM
Webster 2018-19 schedule is posted. First game is Thursday 11/8. A couple of TBA opponents at Maryville (TN) Classic. http://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Webster U schedule now filled in. Playing Emory & Henry and Eastern at the Maryville Classic. E&H was good last season -- 18-1 at one point, won the ODAC tournament, made it into the top 25 at least one week if my memory is correct. Other non-conference games are Illinois College, an exhibition vs UMSL, Wash U, Ozarks, Illinois Wes., and Mo. Bap.  Looks to me like a pretty challenging schedule. https://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

hopefan

Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 29, 2018, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: y_jack_lok on June 03, 2018, 09:27:22 AM
Webster 2018-19 schedule is posted. First game is Thursday 11/8. A couple of TBA opponents at Maryville (TN) Classic. http://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Webster U schedule now filled in. Playing Emory & Henry and Eastern at the Maryville Classic. E&H was good last season -- made it into the top 25 at least one week if my memory is correct. Other non-conference games are Illinois College, an exhibition vs UMSL, Wash U, Ozarks, Illinois Wes., and Mo. Bap.  Looks to me like a pretty challenging schedule. https://websterathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

WOW... VERY CHALLENGING... and yet if everyone comes back that has eligibility, they certainly have a team that can compete with most on the schedule... would love to hear the recruiting class included a big man or two that could step right in to help....

y_jack_lok

WUPHF

YJack, how many semesters of eligibility does Joseph have at this point?