FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doid23

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 12, 2020, 11:07:27 PM
jmcozenlaw -- is there a reason you feel the need to keep doing this?  ???
I have to admit, for a minute there I thought we had found a successor to Iamhuge. Alas, just another pretender, and an angry one at that. *sigh*

UfanBill

Quote from: Oline89 on January 13, 2020, 09:24:41 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on January 13, 2020, 09:03:44 AM
Who won the Hobart/Ithaca basketball game the other night?  My internet was broken.

Must have been cold at Ben Light Gym on Saturday, both teams were weak from the 3 point line, IC just weaker (6-36).  Good road win for the Statesmen.

Basketball...I love basketball. There's another board that's in need of this discussion. Some of you might not be aware. Just thought I'd point it out... http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=1139.2505
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Jonny Utah

Quote from: UfanBill on January 14, 2020, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: Oline89 on January 13, 2020, 09:24:41 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on January 13, 2020, 09:03:44 AM
Who won the Hobart/Ithaca basketball game the other night?  My internet was broken.

Must have been cold at Ben Light Gym on Saturday, both teams were weak from the 3 point line, IC just weaker (6-36).  Good road win for the Statesmen.

Basketball...I love basketball. There's another board that's in need of this discussion. Some of you might not be aware. Just thought I'd point it out... http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=1139.2505

Yea I don't know enough to even comment on d3 basketball.  I went to a Babson game the year they were very good (I live right near Babson) but that's about it.  Looks like Babson might have another good team this year so I might bring my kids again.  Too bad I wasn't a d3 hoops junkie because there are like 25 schools within 20 minutes I can get to in the Boston area....

Also saw that Umass Boston beat Holy Cross and that it isn't uncommon to see a local Massachusetts D1 program to play a d3 program (Dartmouth has played Pine Manor which is the oddest match up I would have ever guessed, and Harvard played MIT this year).

Bartman

Good solution ......I think Cozy should spend more time on the D3 Hoops boards, at least Swathmore has a team in that sport.....and a pretty friggin good one( However, I did hear that the SAT scores of the Union ballers are actually higher than Swathmore's...hehehe)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Machiavelli

Quote from: Bartman on January 15, 2020, 09:02:07 AM
Good solution ......I think Cozy should spend more time on the D3 Hoops boards, at least Swathmore has a team in that sport.....and a pretty friggin good one( However, I did hear that the SAT scores of the Union ballers are actually higher than Swathmore's...hehehe)

Careful, next we'll have to hear how RPI, Union, and Hobart weren't even good enough to be Cozy's safety schools...blah blah blah...rinse, repeat. Being such a genius, I woulda picked him for a Harvard or MIT grad, but I'm guessing he's really just a complete silver spoon fed trust fund dipsh!t.

Next year, RPI is changing their mascot to the 'English Majors'.

Oline89

Any big coaching changes in the LL this season?  I know the AFCA convention is going on in Nashville.  It's the season for filling all those coaching positions.

Bartman

Quote from: Machiavelli on January 15, 2020, 09:38:18 AM
Quote from: Bartman on January 15, 2020, 09:02:07 AM

Careful, next we'll have to hear how RPI, Union, and Hobart weren't even good enough to be Cozy's safety schools...blah blah blah...rinse, repeat. Being such a genius, I woulda picked him for a Harvard or MIT grad, but I'm guessing he's really just a complete silver spoon fed trust fund dipsh!t.

Next year, RPI is changing their mascot to the 'English Majors'.
English majors???....no I think RPI has the best video game(ah hem..digital media) engineers in the league.......let's contemporize.....the Nintendos, the Donkey Kongs, the Angry Birds, the helmets could be awesome
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Oline89

Hobart Statesmen announced a new AD today.  She is the current AD for the William Smith Herons.  Men and Women sports will now be under the same Athletic Director for first time.  May spell the end of the "coordinate" system in place at HWS.

Garnet

PBS @PBS
#FindingYourRoots is featuring three esteemed science pioneers on an all-new episode tonight! Tune in at 8/7c to see what is unearthed for Francis Collins, Shirley Ann Jackson and Harold E. Varmus.

'gro and lew dogg's favorite

Oline89

I just saw Ithaca posted their 2020 schedule, very strong OOC schedule: John Carroll, SJF, Alfred to start the season

Oline89

Anyone heard about Gladney/Germ having any NFL scouts sniffing around? Any chance of either being signed after the draft?

Ice Bear

Ice Bear's twitter notifications on his e-mail have been blowing up with Union announcing "stud" recruits for the past couple weeks.

He doesn't know anything about them but feels it's cool to at least hear that kids are signing. Maybe the "stud" label is just to make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside but Ice looks forward to learning about who some of these recruits are...someday.

Ice hopes all you mother****ers and your families are doing well. ;)
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Ithaca798891

Quote from: Ice Bear on February 10, 2020, 12:15:48 PM
Ice Bear's twitter notifications on his e-mail have been blowing up with Union announcing "stud" recruits for the past couple weeks.

He doesn't know anything about them but feels it's cool to at least hear that kids are signing. Maybe the "stud" label is just to make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside but Ice looks forward to learning about who some of these recruits are...someday.

Yeah, as a buddy of mine once joked, there's never been a coach who's going to say "Eh, we got some okay players, I guess" when asked about recruits. But like IB, I follow the signing process all the same

UfanBill

FIRE THE CANNON
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

+k to IB for surfacing and recognizing the next crop of Dutchstuds that will be warmly welcomed at the Boz this year by some Bartstuds eager to return the LL championship to Geneva for their tenure. Hobart coaching staff had to take a polar bear leap in Lake Seneca after the football boosters exceeded a recent fund raising challenge......tough coaches make studs even more studly:D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath