BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggsy789

Especially if we can load the schedule with teams like CCNY, SUNY Maritime, Rivier, Norwich, and Lyndon State. 

Old Man

Boggsy 789 - Welcome to the board....  - sometimes it is better to have a weak schedule and have a good record for recruiting purposes as opposed to playing the best in NE and not doing well.  Good luck to Plymouth and the rest of the LEC in 2013..

OM

ECSUalum

While following ECSU soccer this year, and the the run up to NCAA tournament, I examined the historical results of Plymouth State in D-III soccer and was surprised on how good a program they had in the past, (+/-1980-2000).  Perhaps the administration decided they want to focus on academics, which is certainly not a bad thing, to say the least, but perhaps the athletics will now be given a chance with financial/other support to become a team to beat in a wider variety of sports.  I know they do well in LAX, and in soccer this year they gave ECSU a very good game.
I think having a strong LEC, top to bottom, is ALWAYS good for these student athletes, the reputation of the schools and of course for the conference.  I like to benchmark the WIAC, (Wisconsin), and the NJAC, (New Jersey), as two conferences that the LEC can look up to, as, across the board these conferences recuit and produce some of the finest student athletes and have teams that are always go deep in the D-III post season play.  I think the LEC can be that way and wish Plymouth State well, not only in baseball and soccer , but in basketball/other sports for the future.

Boggsy789

Even I don't care about PSU soccer, or any soccer at all for that matter.

KSCfan

Does anybody have a schedule out yet?  I looked at Keenes web site and its all still last years stuff.  I am looking for a 2013 LEC schedule, and maybe some other key inter new England games

ECSUalum

kscer

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving everyone...just 3 1/2 months to go!

7express

Quote from: KSCfan on November 19, 2012, 03:22:45 PM
Does anybody have a schedule out yet?  I looked at Keenes web site and its all still last years stuff.  I am looking for a 2013 LEC schedule, and maybe some other key inter new England games

Considering Western's basketball schedule didn't come out until like 5 weeks before the season started, I wouldn't expect our baseball schedule out until New Years at the earliest.

ECSUalum

I have heard that ECSU will do a trip to Florida this year vs CA/AZ.  They may also do a MD/VA swing.  So... last year two trips to west coast, this year trips down south.   Rosters typically not out till about a week before first game, (last year mid Feb) and schedule out usually end Jan early Feb.

BTW, Shawn Gilblair stats @ the Southern Illinois Miners, in 2012, (They were the, (Independent), Frontier League Champs this year), :
http://www.southernillinoisminers.com/the-team/team-statistics/

kscer

Good to see Shawn is still playing Baseball. I remember the first time I saw him at the shoot out in Bangor on Mother's Day in 2006. I remembering thinking who is this guy. Did not make 1st team All LEC, but made All American.

KSCfan

Pretty good stats for Gilblair, is he returning to help coach Eastern again this year? 

ECSUalum

Quote from: KSCfan on December 05, 2012, 11:55:02 AM
Pretty good stats for Gilblair, is he returning to help coach Eastern again this year?

I believe so, but these days not certain until you see the new roster.

Wishing everyone on this/these thread(s) a Happy Healthy Holiday season!!!!!!!!!!

SCOUT66

trips to florida? heard through the wire there are financial woes up there in econn.  West coast trips to florida seem to provide some facts for that one

Old Man

May everyone on the boards have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Practices starting in +- 6 weeks then games 5 weeks later.  GO LEC !!!!!

OM

KSCfan

thanks old man...

to piggy back... this is the best board on d3 and the reason for that is all of us posters.  Happy Holidays fellow lec'ers.  Best board for a reason.  Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday, and no matter what team you like, we all love baseball and the lec.  So on that note... happy holidays to everyone, yes even you jconn.

season is getting closer