FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldAuggie

The University of St. Thomas. Where humility goes to die.
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

jamtod

Quote from: miac952 on October 11, 2018, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 11, 2018, 07:33:57 PM
It's been reported that John said regarding touchdown celebrations to act like you'd been there before (in the endzone). Advice that the Tommies could take to heart considering the success they've had has only been recent.

Another piece of advice that would serve them well is credited to their university's namesake, St Thomas. "There is no virtue without humility."

Nothing says humble like embedding a #1 in your logo!
Number 1 in humility, which also represents the rushing total, a very humble number of rushing yards. The most humble.

jamtod

Quote from: OldAuggie on October 11, 2018, 08:29:18 PM
No kidding OldAuggie. I was at the game on Saturday, your humble team looked pretty dead by halftime

miac952

Quote from: OldAuggie on October 11, 2018, 08:29:18 PM

Auggie Tech....where the "star" LB throws more bricks in a riot than he has tackles in a game.

http://www.citypages.com/news/michael-juberian-star-augsburg-linebacker-faces-felony-charge-for-dinkytown-riot-6543333

stanbob

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 11, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: bennie on October 11, 2018, 04:40:19 PM
Did you hear about the UST grad who locked his keys in his car?

He couldn't get his family out.

Ha!  This reminds me of a story I shouldn't retell but it's too funny. I got a call at work almost 20 years ago from Mrs Oz who was grocery shopping with our year-old #1.  She was in a fluster as she had locked the keys in the trunk of the car when she was loading the groceries, it was extremely hot and she was worried about the heat with #1.

It was the week of the single biggest deadline on project I was running but, you know, the kid was about to cook so I jumped into the car and took off like a madman for the Hampton shops.  I pull up, jump out of my car, assess the situation, and casually walk over to where she's sitting on the front seat sideways with her feet on the ground and a red-faced #1 on her lap.

"I'm so sorry," she says. "I know this is a big week for you."

"It's no worries," I reply. "I'm always here to help. So you need me to open the trunk?"

"Yes," she says.  "I locked my keys in there like an idiot."

So I reach down next to her knee and pull the trunk release.

She hates that story, but I still laugh about that.

Your Love doesn't need that Oz
Everyday is payday in paradise.

Mr. Ypsi

I would be perfect, except I am humble to a fault.

Mr.MIAC

It's been reported that John said regarding touchdown celebrations to act like you'd been there before (in the endzone). Advice that the Tommies could take to heart considering the success they've had has only been recent.

Another piece of advice that would serve them well is credited to their university's namesake, St Thomas. "There is no virtue without humility."

You'll find that some Johnnies are obsessed with assessing an opponent's humility, classiness, etc. It's a ploy they use to rationalize the slide to mediocrity they've experienced over the last decade. For some reason it makes them feel better to respond to a loss by critiquing the way others respond to a win. Sad.

OzJohnnie

[  

jamtod

Two Johnnie football players fell down a hole. One said, "It's dark in here isn't it?" The other replied, "I don't know; I can't see."

A Tommie was driving in a car with a Johnnie (they both went to Cretin-Derham together). The Tommie asked the Johnnie to stick his head out the window and see if the blinker worked. He stuck his head out and said, "Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No..."

What did the Johnnie say when he saw the Cheerios box? "OMG, donut seeds!"

jamtod

How many more years of not being #1 is it gonna take till they get sued for false advertising?

I've seen class action lawsuits over less.

Maybe they can make an argument that the 1 actually just represents home attendance on-campus home attendance ranking

sju56321

Maybe basketball-did you forget SJU won the MIAC or do you have a selective memory?
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

sjujohnnie

Strength of Schedule rankings have been released. 4 of St John's 5 wins have come against teams rated higher on the list. (#6 Gustavus, #10 Augsburg, #16 Bethel, & #25 UW-Stout). St John's made the list at #29 & after scrolling down for quite aways, St Thomas finally appeared at #170.

miac952

Quote from: sju56321 on October 11, 2018, 10:58:08 PM
Maybe basketball-did you forget SJU won the MIAC or do you have a selective memory?

And they followed that by losing in the 1st round to the DIII equivalent of a 16 seed UMBC. As John football fans try to remind us, only the Walnut & Bronze matters. 2 - 0 good guys.

I would say, the Johns always have Golf, but UST has stolen that the last couple years as well.

SJUrube

I've heard the MIAC is planning on posting this image in the visitor's locker room and on their sideline on Saturday. Sort of strange.

miac952

Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 11, 2018, 11:15:25 PM
Strength of Schedule rankings have been released. 4 of St John's 5 wins have come against teams rated higher on the list. (#6 Gustavus, #10 Augsburg, #16 Bethel, & #25 UW-Stout). St John's made the list at #29 & after scrolling down for quite aways, St Thomas finally appeared at #170.

Auggie #10, Gustavus #6 you say? I would like to audit whatever the source info is?