WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimate Titan Fan

Unrelated, Riley Brovelli's sister sang the national anthem at last night's game. She sounded great.

Ultimate Titan Fan

Junior Kendall Sosa has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of American Academic All-District First Team. Advances to All-American ballot.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: GoPerry on February 19, 2020, 09:18:46 PM
I'm just wondering if the Millikin AD or SID are aware that the online webcast time and score are annoyingly constantly out of sync with the videocast time and score?  They're both shown side by side- One show 50-52 while the other shows 52-54?  I've noticed it other games too. 

Are we talking about the live stats? Indeed, those are often going to be ahead of the video because there is an inherent lag in streaming video. It's a much larger file being pushed to you, while the live stats are run by a very small amount of data being pushed.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 20, 2020, 04:14:17 PM
I'm just wondering if the Millikin AD or SID are aware that the online webcast time and score are annoyingly constantly out of sync with the videocast time and score?  They're both shown side by side- One show 50-52 while the other shows 52-54?  I've noticed it other games too. 

Are we talking about the live stats? Indeed, those are often going to be ahead of the video because there is an inherent lag in streaming video. It's a much larger file being pushed to you, while the live stats are run by a very small amount of data being pushed.

If this is Stretch for video and live stream (I can't remember off the top of my head), I always stop the video right away. I have also told Stretch in the past to stop the auto-play on the live stats link because ... well, I clicked live stats for a reason. They did it ... for a time. Seems they went back to the old ways at some point.

If this is SideArm, then there isn't much way to avoid this unless you bring the video full. As Pat mentioned, the data package for live stats is tiny compared to the data package for video. At best, a live stream will be about 30 seconds delayed. Live stats can be nearly instant in it's updates.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

iwu70

Congratulations to Kendall Sosa on her regional honour.  She's had an outstanding year, athletically and academically. 

Keep going Kendall.  :) 

IWU'70

GoPerry

Quote from: lmitzel on February 20, 2020, 11:04:40 AM
Quote from: GoPerry on February 19, 2020, 10:42:32 PM
With North Central and Carthage both losing tonight, I think Augustana has clinched a spot as either the 5th or 6th seed depending on Sat results.

On Saturday, an NCC win @ Wheaton will clinch their spot as either 5 or 6 seed.  A Carthage win vs Ill Wesleyan and a NCC loss @ Wheaton means both will finish 7-9 having gone 0-2 vs WC and 1-1 vs NPU.  So Carthage will get the tie-breaker by virtue of their 1-1 record vs IWU or Millikin(depending who finishes 3rd/4th) and NCC's 0-2 record vs both.

No, Augie and NCC are tied at 7-8, and the Cardinals have the tiebreaker due to a head-to-head sweep. In a three-way tie at 7-9, NCC and Carthage would get in due to head-to-head (NCC 3-1, Carthage 2-2, Augie 1-3), though I don't know if they'd rebreak the tie between NCC and Carthage for seeding (which I'm pretty sure as mentioned above would go to the Lady Reds). Based on this if I read it right, NCC gets the 5 seed with a win at Wheaton (something that's long overdue), and can make the tournament as the 6 seed if either Augie or Carthage lose. If both lose, NCC still gets the 5 seed.

Yes, right!  With all the combos, I overlooked the obvious first criteria, h2h.  Thanks Im!

Incidentally . . . https://static.cciw.org/custompages/CCIW_Links/WBasketball/Tiebreakers/WBB.Tiebreakers.pdf

9 different scenarios to cover

GoPerry

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2020, 04:25:17 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 20, 2020, 04:14:17 PM

If this is Stretch for video and live stream (I can't remember off the top of my head), I always stop the video right away. I have also told Stretch in the past to stop the auto-play on the live stats link because ... well, I clicked live stats for a reason. They did it ... for a time. Seems they went back to the old ways at some point.

If this is SideArm, then there isn't much way to avoid this unless you bring the video full. As Pat mentioned, the data package for live stats is tiny compared to the data package for video. At best, a live stream will be about 30 seconds delayed. Live stats can be nearly instant in it's updates.

It's actually similar to some broadcasts thru stretch internet when the live stats is also being updated next to the streaming window which is ahead of the score/time on the broadcast itself.  On the Millikin site, the two different score and time displays are literally one on top of the other where you can't miss it.  So a little annoying and something i would think a production team would eliminate if they knew about it.

lmitzel

Quote from: GoPerry on February 20, 2020, 10:25:46 PM
With North Central and Carthage both losing tonight, I think Augustana has clinched a spot as either the 5th or 6th seed depending on Sat results.

On Saturday, an NCC win @ Wheaton will clinch their spot as either 5 or 6 seed.  A Carthage win vs Ill Wesleyan and a NCC loss @ Wheaton means both will finish 7-9 having gone 0-2 vs WC and 1-1 vs NPU.  So Carthage will get the tie-breaker by virtue of their 1-1 record vs IWU or Millikin(depending who finishes 3rd/4th) and NCC's 0-2 record vs both.

No, Augie and NCC are tied at 7-8, and the Cardinals have the tiebreaker due to a head-to-head sweep. In a three-way tie at 7-9, NCC and Carthage would get in due to head-to-head (NCC 3-1, Carthage 2-2, Augie 1-3), though I don't know if they'd rebreak the tie between NCC and Carthage for seeding (which I'm pretty sure as mentioned above would go to the Lady Reds). Based on this if I read it right, NCC gets the 5 seed with a win at Wheaton (something that's long overdue), and can make the tournament as the 6 seed if either Augie or Carthage lose. If both lose, NCC still gets the 5 seed.

Yes, right!  With all the combos, I overlooked the obvious first criteria, h2h.  Thanks Im!

Incidentally . . . https://static.cciw.org/custompages/CCIW_Links/WBasketball/Tiebreakers/WBB.Tiebreakers.pdf

I spent a little time this afternoon trying to make sense of all the clinching scenarios for Saturday. My head started to hurt after a while.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

iwu70

I have at long last concluded, yet again, that MU is in the top tier of CCIW women's basketball.  :)   I hope others agree with me.  And, likely even better, stronger next season.  IWU and MU will likely have the most talent coming back next season . .  sure would like to see Raven Hughes back on the IWU roster next year.   

Looking forward to the CCIW tournament and hope that after Saturday evening, IWU has the #2 seed.  Is that possible?

Should be a very competitive set of games for the AQ.

'70

Gregory Sager

Quote from: iwu70 on February 21, 2020, 12:19:54 AM
I have at long last concluded, yet again, that MU is in the top tier of CCIW women's basketball.  :)   I hope others agree with me.  And, likely even better, stronger next season.  IWU and MU will likely have the most talent coming back next season

I don't agree with that. While I think that defensive-minded NPU needs additional scoring help in order to get the inside track on winning next season's title, the Vikings have provided more than enough evidence that they are a team that can and will compete at the top of the league in 2020-21. Remember, North Park only loses two players to graduation, both of whom are reserves: Alisha Panthier, who averages 1.8 ppg while playing 11.6 mpg, and Angelina Villasin, who averages 4.9 ppg while playing 10.7 mpg.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

lmitzel

Quote from: lmitzel on February 20, 2020, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: GoPerry on February 20, 2020, 10:25:46 PM

I spent a little time this afternoon trying to make sense of all the clinching scenarios for Saturday. My head started to hurt after a while.

Okay, with the CCIW releasing all the tiebreaker scenarios, I went ahead to look at the Massey predictions for tomorrow, and with that in mind, put together the odds for each team for what seed they'd end up with. This took a while until I finally wised up and put everything onto an Excel sheet like I should have from the get-go.

Massey Predictions:

• Millikin 69, @ Carroll 65 (MIL 62%, CRL 38%)
  • @ Wheaton 67, NCC 55 (WHE 86%, NCC 14%)
  • IWU 71, @ Carthage 65 (IWU 68%, CAR 32%
  • @ AUG 67, NPU 64 (AUG 57%, NPU 43%)

So based on this, seeding odds are:

WheatonNPUIWUMillikinNCCAugieCarthage
#1100%------
#2-49.9%38.8%11.3%---
#3-26.0%41.4%32.6%---
#4-24.1%19.8%56.1%---
#5----51.0%49.0%-
#6----33.3%49.8%16.9%
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

Congrats to all three CCIW WBB players named to COSIDA academic all-district :
Sammie Woodward , Hannah Frazier , Kendall Sosa.

iwu70

My congrats to Woodward and Frazier as well.  Great job.

'70

iwu70

Thanks, Imitzel, for all your numbers crunching.  Very interesting.

Should be a great CCIW conference tournament.  Gotta play the games, no matter the seedings. 

'70

iwu70

Greg, I agree NPU has a strong group, good prospects in coming back next year.  All I'm saying is that MU has now risen to the top four, the top tier of CCIW play.  Some think they will be in the top 2-3 next season.  WC loses a lot and I'm not all that certain they will be in the top group next season.  Frazier and others all graduating.   Likely they will, but they have a steeper climb, given their re-build or reload, depending on how it goes.  IWU, NPU and MU seem to have the most coming back.  NPU and MU in a positive direction from previous years.  IWU remaining at or near the top. 

I'm still hoping for the return of Raven Hughes, but probably unlikely.  Too bad.  She's a really great player and would give the TITANS much needed rebounding, defence and paint area scoring.  Eck or Heller likely moving into the starting five.  Of course, Brovelli is back. 

Looking forward to the tournament, hopefully IWU's third crack at WC for the AQ.

'70