MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PauldingLightUP, wiacfamily and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: WUPHF on May 03, 2018, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Mo on May 03, 2018, 01:01:41 PM
Just knowing how the admissions process works at WashU, Justin Hardy must have been interested in WashU well before the coaching decision was made.  Maybe Juckem sealed the deal.

One of the articles I read said that Hardy was considering Washington University along with Saint Cloud State and Hillsdale before the hire and that he made the decision after hearing about the hire and talking to his teammate who is headed to Oshkosh.

Indiana Wesleyan was also included in that list of Hardy's.

It may be the oddest combination of four schools that I've ever seen a high-school senior name as his or her final choices.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

As you know, several years ago, Washington University lost one of our better shooting guards to Wheaton after his freshman season.

I have been having this internal debate. 

Which pair of institutions is more different: Washington University and Wheaton or Washington University and Hillsdale?  I could go either way.

Gregory Sager

With Indiana Wesleyan you definitely get the Wheaton flavor ... and when you add a 15,000-student public university to the mix, you get the strangest quartet since the Residents.

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

bleedpurple

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on May 03, 2018, 01:10:40 PM
Am I the only who finds it interesting that we really haven't heard anything from Oshkosh? The only article they have is the same one Washington U posted.

I thought there would be a " Coach Juckem has resigned to take the Wash U job. We thank him for his time and wish him luck..." There really wasn't anything from Juckem thanking Oshkosh for the opportunity etc. Maybe Oshkosh really felt like they got burned here or Juckem wasn't real happy at Oshkosh. Obviously speculation.
Perhaps Coach Juckem found AD Sims to be extremely unavailable in recent months while the AD was continually on the phone with the NCAA inquiring as to whether the way UW-W lined their practice fields was within NCAA guidelines.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

For what it's worth, I haven't often seen schools post a "farewell" announcement officially if the coach goes to another school of their own volition - usually they wait until there's a replacement.  If a coach "resigns" or retires, obviously, but most schools are not in the habit of announcing other schools' hirings.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

WW

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 03, 2018, 05:35:43 PM
With Indiana Wesleyan you definitely get the Wheaton flavor ... and when you add a 15,000-student public university to the mix, you get the strangest quartet since the Residents.

I once participated in a conga line with those gentlemen. Well... I think they're gentlemen...

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on May 04, 2018, 07:14:33 AM

For what it's worth, I haven't often seen schools post a "farewell" announcement officially if the coach goes to another school of their own volition - usually they wait until there's a replacement.  If a coach "resigns" or retires, obviously, but most schools are not in the habit of announcing other schools' hirings.

Yep... this... it isn't SOP for schools to announce departures of this kind from what I've found.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 03, 2018, 05:35:43 PM

I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie Illinois...

-Verbal Kint
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

It sounds like Matt Lewis will be the interim coach for this upcoming season -- just waiting on the proper person to apply their signature to finish the process.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

tomt4525

2018 F Alex Weiss (6-4) of Wisconsin Dells has committed to Platteville.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 04, 2018, 01:07:35 PM
It sounds like Matt Lewis will be the interim coach for this upcoming season -- just waiting on the proper person to apply their signature to finish the process.

If this comes to be, I believe Zach Robinson, the recruit from St. Charles East, will almost definitely still enroll at Oshkosh. Eric Peterson from Batavia, IL probably will too, but the odds are slightly longer than those associated with Robinson. 🏀

tomt4525

New Prague (MN) 6'10" C, Andrew Niebuhr, will play basketball for the Stout Blue Devils next season.

tomt4525

Bartlett(IL) 6'1" G, Tomas Vikonis, will play basketball for the Platteville Pioneers.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10382693/Tomas-Vikonis

AndOne

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 15, 2018, 07:14:16 PM
Bartlett(IL) 6'1" G, Tomas Vikonis, will play basketball for the Platteville Pioneers.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10382693/Tomas-Vikonis

He's now grown to 6'2"
13.7 PPG
  3.7 RPG
  3.8 APG