MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: veterancciwfan on July 18, 2013, 11:45:55 PM
Regarding the renovation of Merner: Congratulations. Now NCC and the Cubs (soon-I don't know the timetable) will have a new look to old facilities.

Try it sometime. You might like it.  :)   ;)   :o   8-)

iwu70

Congrats to the Titans basketball team on their recent academic achievements, recognition . . . and to some individual Titans in particular:  Anderson, Zman, Mayberger, Zimmer and Oswald!  Way to go guys.  A good combination -- hitting the boards and hitting the books.

Looking forward to the new season and another good run at CCIW and national honors.

IWU70

AndOne

Bosko sighting.......

At Joy Of The Game in Deerfield, wearing sunglasses inside ::) while watching summer league action.  :o  8-)   

Maybe starting a new fashion trend among CCIW coaches?   ;)

joehakes

If that's the first time you've seen Bosko wear sunglasses inside, you haven't seen Bosko much!

hopefan

Point of interest just to keep you on your Basketball toes...

Augustana and St Olaf are both evidently appearing in a tournament at UW-Platteville this coming season..

Trouble is, Augie's schedule has them playing in it on the weekend of 11/23, 11/24 (playing ST Olaf on 11/23).. BUT
St Olaf Schedule has them playing in it on 11/30, 12/1.. playing Augie on 12/1...  and to add to the confusion, Augie has a game scheduled on 11/30, St Olaf has a game scheduled on 11/23

Tiebreaker would be where the tourney sits on UW Platteville's schedule, but their schedule is not posted yet!!!!!

Someone messed up!!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Denny McKinney

TQ - With the incoming group of players this year, where does it put my favorite Titan Bryce Dolan?

Titan Q

Quote from: Denny McKinney on July 24, 2013, 04:50:28 PM
TQ - With the incoming group of players this year, where does it put my favorite Titan Bryce Dolan?

I don't think any of the incoming FR will be ahead of Dolan, but D1 transfer Jordan Nelson certainly will be.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/iwu-gets-an-ace-of-a-transfer-in-lincoln-s/article_b62900b8-edd1-11e2-a356-001a4bcf887a.html

It's just too early to see how IWU's rotation shakes up...but Dolan's PT is certainly impacted by Nelson's arrival.

Denny McKinney

TQ- Thanks for your info. Seems Bryce may be getting buried. Heard he had 30+ points in one of the final Summer League games. Still think he would of made a great player in the SLIAC. I will be following his progress. Thanks

magicman

Quote from: hopefan on July 24, 2013, 12:30:09 PM

Augustana and St Olaf are both evidently appearing in a tournament at UW-Platteville this coming season..

Trouble is, Augie's schedule has them playing in it on the weekend of 11/23, 11/24 (playing ST Olaf on 11/23).. BUT
St Olaf Schedule has them playing in it on 11/30, 12/1.. playing Augie on 12/1...  and to add to the confusion, Augie has a game scheduled on 11/30, St Olaf has a game scheduled on 11/23

Tiebreaker would be where the tourney sits on UW Platteville's schedule, but their schedule is not posted yet!!!!!

Someone messed up!!!!!

If I had to make a guess I would say that Augie's schedule is the one with the error. The game that St Olaf has scheduled for 11/23 is an away game against Northwestern (Minn.) and when looking at Northwestern's partially posted schedule, they do show a home game against St Olaf on 11/23.

Also seems a little strange that Augie shows 3 games in a row being played at UW-Platteville.  11/19 vs Platteville, 11/23 vs St Olaf at Platteville and 11/24 vs Simpson at Platteville. 

And finally last year Platteville held their Thanksgiving Tournament on 11/24 and 11/25 which happen to be the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. This year Thanksgiving falls later in the month and the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving happen to be 11/30 and 12/1. I'm guessing that this tournament that Augie, St Olaf, Simpson and Platteville will be playing in, is once again the UW-Platteville Thanksgiving Classic.

I think the folks at Augustana just lost track of Thanksgiving this year. ;D

Of course I could be reading too deeply between the lines and be wrong as hell. ??? But at least I'm on my tiptoes trying!! :D

augiefan

TQ,

Thanks for the regular updates on CCIW recruiting. What's your read on this year's incoming freshmen classes? It looks like IWU's class will be exceptional as always, and I think you were on the money last year in predicting Augie would have the best 2012 freshman class. I have not seen a complete list of recruits for all 8 teams, but it looks like Millikin will have its first really talented freshman class in  a while. Do you have a fairly complete list for all of schools now and how do you size them up? Thanks for your insights.

AndOne

Quote from: augiefan on July 27, 2013, 06:06:50 PM
TQ,

Thanks for the regular updates on CCIW recruiting. What's your read on this year's incoming freshmen classes? It looks like IWU's class will be exceptional as always, and I think you were on the money last year in predicting Augie would have the best 2012 freshman class. I have not seen a complete list of recruits for all 8 teams, but it looks like Millikin will have its first really talented freshman class in  a while. Do you have a fairly complete list for all of schools now and how do you size them up? Thanks for your insights.

Collection of info originally compiled by newCCIWfan plus additions posted individually by others as they became known. Will defer to TQ if he desires to make any comments/analysis.

I would say Millikin had a pretty talented class last year. With about 15 new freshmen last year, including 5 freshmen starters in many/most games, I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't bring in any recruits this year as I believe only 2 of the 1st 10 players were upperclassmen, including only 1 senior. Only 1 known recruit for Carthage so far. There must be others. Maybe Bosko is on an overseas recruiting trip right now, looking to bring in some secret imported talent!  ;)

Augustana College
- Michael Hoekstra, 6-7, Forward, Bishop McNamara (Kankakee, IL) --- 16.7 PPG, 9.2 RPG
- Jacob Johnston, 6-3, Guard, Erie (IL) --- 24.0 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 4.7 APG
- Quinn Pokora, 6-1, Point Guard, Mundelein High School, (IL) --- 10.0 PPG, 3.4 APG
- Jens Soderholm, 6-5, Wing, La Salle-Peru (IL) --- 21.8 PPG, 11 RPG

Carthage College
- Scott McNellis, 6-5, Forward, Downers Grove South (IL)

Elmhurst College
- Delmon Brame, Forward, Hillcrest HS, 8 PPG, 6 PRG
- Jarrell Holliman, 6-8, Fprward, Alpharetta GA HS,
- Jared McCunn, 6-3, SG, Eureka HS
- Caleb Mowry, 6-5, Forward, Oregon Il HS, 23 PPG, 10 RPG
- Phil Randazzo, 6-3, Forward, Palo Verde HS in Las Vegas. NV.
- Nate Rogers, 6-2, SG, No. Montgomery HS in IN., 21.3 PPG

North Central College
- Nick Anderson, 6-2, Guard, Wilmington High School (IL).
- Ricky Bullock, 6-2, Guard, Homewood-Flossmoor (IL)
- Blake Cowden, 5-11, Guard, Tri-Valley High School (Downs, IL) --- 17.2 PPG, 4.4 APG, 3.4 RPG
- Alex Gustafson, 6-6, Forward, Pleasant Plaines High School (IL) --- 13.4 PPG, 7.2 RPG
- Ryan Peter, 6-4, Wing, Joliet Catholic (IL) --- 12.4 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 2.0 APG, 42.7% FG%, 38.2% 3FG%.
- David Robinson, 6-6, Forward Lockport Township High School (IL)
- Brandon White, 6-3, Combo Guard, Liberty HS in Discovery Bay, CA---18.4 PPG, 4.5 APG, 4.8 RPG, 2.1 SPG

North Park University
- Garett Gatz, 5-10, Guard, Harper Jr. CFollege, 14.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 3.1 APG
- Matt McNamara, 6-5, Forward, Willowbrook High School (IL)
- Austin Wood, 6-10, Center, Illinois Lutheran (Crete, IL) --- 15.0 PPG, 11.1 RPG

Millikin University
- Brody Bence, 6-7, Forward, Shelbyville High School (IL) --- 15.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.3 APG, 2.0 BPG,
- Shaq Edwards, 6-4, Forward, McCluer High School (St. Louis, MO) --- 12.7 PPG, 3.2 RPG
- Jeremy Pezzelle, 5-9, Guard, Lutheran School Association (Decatur, IL) --- 22.6 PPG, 47% 3FG%

Illinois Wesleyan University
- Austin Amann, 6-1, Guard, Elk Grove High School (IL) --- 18.9 PPG, 6.6 RPG,
- Alec Bausch, 6-6, Forward, De Smet Jesuit (St. Louis, MO) --- 12.5 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 2.8 APG
- Jordan Nelson, 6-1, Guard, Transfer from D1 Evansville, 2.2 PPG
- Brady Sanders, 6-2, Guard, Fieldcrest High School (IL) --- 17.8 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 5.1 APG
- Spencer Seibring, 6-2 Guard, Normal West High School (IL) --- 12.7 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.2 APG
- Trevor Seibring, 6-8, Forward, Normal Community High School (IL) --- 13.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG
- Andy Stempel, 6-3, Wing, Stevenson High School (Lincolnshire, IL) -- - 11.0 PPG, 40% 3PFG%
- Jordan Turner, 6-3, Guard, Woodstock High School (IL)  --- 17.9 PPG

Wheaton College
- Ian Asher, 6-0, Guard, Danville High School (IN) --- 17.4 PPG, 3.4 APG
- Danny Park, 5-11, Point Guard, Thomas Jefferson High School (Auburn, WA) --- 9.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG

robertgoulet

Quote from: AndOne on July 27, 2013, 11:54:35 PM
TQ,

Collection of info originally compiled by newCCIWfan plus additions posted individually by others as they became known. Will defer to TQ if he desires to make any comments/analysis.

I would say Millikin had a pretty talented class last year. With about 15 new freshmen last year, including 5 freshmen starters in many/most games, I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't bring in any recruits this year as I believe only 2 of the 1st 10 players were upperclassmen, including only 1 senior. Only 1 known recruit for Carthage so far. There must be others. Maybe Bosko is on an overseas recruiting trip right now, looking to bring in some secret imported talent!  ;)

Augustana College
- Michael Hoekstra, 6-7, Forward, Bishop McNamara (Kankakee, IL) --- 16.7 PPG, 9.2 RPG
- Jacob Johnston, 6-3, Guard, Erie (IL) --- 24.0 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 4.7 APG
- Quinn Pokora, 6-1, Point Guard, Mundelein High School, (IL) --- 10.0 PPG, 3.4 APG
- Jens Soderholm, 6-5, Wing, La Salle-Peru (IL) --- 21.8 PPG, 11 RPG

Carthage College
- Scott McNellis, 6-5, Forward, Downers Grove South (IL)

Elmhurst College
- Delmon Brame, Forward, Hillcrest HS, 8 PPG, 6 PRG
- Jarrell Holliman, 6-8, Fprward, Alpharetta GA HS,
- Jared McCunn, 6-3, SG, Eureka HS
- Caleb Mowry, 6-5, Forward, Oregon Il HS, 23 PPG, 10 RPG
- Phil Randazzo, 6-3, Forward, Palo Verde HS in Las Vegas. NV.
- Nate Rogers, 6-2, SG, No. Montgomery HS in IN., 21.3 PPG

North Central College
- Nick Anderson, 6-2, Guard, Wilmington High School (IL).
- Ricky Bullock, 6-2, Guard, Homewood-Flossmoor (IL)
- Blake Cowden, 5-11, Guard, Tri-Valley High School (Downs, IL) --- 17.2 PPG, 4.4 APG, 3.4 RPG
- Alex Gustafson, 6-6, Forward, Pleasant Plaines High School (IL) --- 13.4 PPG, 7.2 RPG
- Ryan Peter, 6-4, Wing, Joliet Catholic (IL) --- 12.4 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 2.0 APG, 42.7% FG%, 38.2% 3FG%.
- David Robinson, 6-6, Forward Lockport Township High School (IL)
- Brandon White, 6-3, Combo Guard, Liberty HS in Discovery Bay, CA---18.4 PPG, 4.5 APG, 4.8 RPG, 2.1 SPG

North Park University
- Garett Gatz, 5-10, Guard, Harper Jr. CFollege, 14.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 3.1 APG
- Matt McNamara, 6-5, Forward, Willowbrook High School (IL)
- Austin Wood, 6-10, Center, Illinois Lutheran (Crete, IL) --- 15.0 PPG, 11.1 RPG

Millikin University
- Brody Bence, 6-7, Forward, Shelbyville High School (IL) --- 15.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.3 APG, 2.0 BPG,
- Shaq Edwards, 6-4, Forward, McCluer High School (St. Louis, MO) --- 12.7 PPG, 3.2 RPG
- Jeremy Pezzelle, 5-9, Guard, Lutheran School Association (Decatur, IL) --- 22.6 PPG, 47% 3FG%

Illinois Wesleyan University
- Austin Amann, 6-1, Guard, Elk Grove High School (IL) --- 18.9 PPG, 6.6 RPG,
- Alec Bausch, 6-6, Forward, De Smet Jesuit (St. Louis, MO) --- 12.5 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 2.8 APG
- Jordan Nelson, 6-1, Guard, Transfer from D1 Evansville, 2.2 PPG
- Brady Sanders, 6-2, Guard, Fieldcrest High School (IL) --- 17.8 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 5.1 APG
- Spencer Seibring, 6-2 Guard, Normal West High School (IL) --- 12.7 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.2 APG
- Trevor Seibring, 6-8, Forward, Normal Community High School (IL) --- 13.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG
- Andy Stempel, 6-3, Wing, Stevenson High School (Lincolnshire, IL) -- - 11.0 PPG, 40% 3PFG%
- Jordan Turner, 6-3, Guard, Woodstock High School (IL)  --- 17.9 PPG

Wheaton College
- Ian Asher, 6-0, Guard, Danville High School (IN) --- 17.4 PPG, 3.4 APG
- Danny Park, 5-11, Point Guard, Thomas Jefferson High School (Auburn, WA) --- 9.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG

Ao - Any word on the Khalil Small front?
You win! You always do!

AndOne

robert--

Not a peep. Unfortunately, it may come down to a question of $$.

On one hand you have NCC, which is closest to Mr. Small's home, and is ranked #13 in the Midwest Regional Universities category by US News & World Report, but who, as an NCAA D3 institution, cannot give athletic money.

On the other hand, you have Northern Michigan, ranked way below NCC by the US News Report at #77, and located far, far up in Michigan's frozen tundra region of the Upper Peninsula on the shore of frigid Lake Superior. However, as an NCAA D2 institution, they can of course, extend an offer including athletic dollars. 
You also have Ashford Univ, located out in Clinton, Iowa. Ashford is a school ranked as "Tier 2" by the US News & World Report, meaning its not in the top 107 schools in the Midwest Regional Universities category. Ashford is an NAIA school that is a member of the Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.) which most people have never even heard of. However, as an NAIA school they, like a NCAA D2, can offer athletic money.

The Cardinals would indeed be fortunate to land Mr. Small, and are still actively recruiting him. Its their sincere hope that an acceptable offer can be extended and accepted that will enable North Central to enter into a successful academic and athletic partnership with Mr. Small.

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on July 24, 2013, 12:30:09 PM

Someone messed up!!!!!

Talked to Platteville... and the guilty party is....                     St. Olaf!!!!!!   The tournament is, for a fact, on the 23rd and 24th of November!!!!   Poor St Olaf has some RESCHEDULING and some REPRINTING to do!!!!   Thanks to Platteville Coach Jeff Gard for supplying me with the correct info!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Titan Q

TQ,

As AndOne pointed out, Millikin's class of 2016 (last year's freshman class) is very talented.  If Millikin does indeed have another strong recruiting class coming in, it will be two in a row.

Analyzing Division III recruiting classes is always difficult, but this year I'm not even confident we have a complete picture here in late-July.  I'm sure Wheaton is getting more than just those two guards listed below...and that Carthage has more coming in than the one guy listed.  So I wouldn't even know where to begin in stacking up the classes.

As far as incoming freshmen, I'm confident that IWU and Augustana both have strong classes coming in, with impressive talent across multiple positions (which I think is big in recruiting - to have at least one really good guard, at least one really good wing player, and at least one really good post in every class).  I've heard good things about the kids in both classes.  Outside of those two programs, I just don't have a great feel -- I don't know enough about the guys.

If we include transfers, I think Jordan Nelson - the transfer to IWU from D1 Evansville - is probably the most talented CCIW newcomer that has been announced to date.  On paper (which is not where the game is played obviously), Nelson seems to have the best chance to make the biggest impact in 2013-14 of any new player we know about.

I'm interested to learn more about Wheaton's recruiting class.  Obviously Wheaton is one of the best programs in the league and the Thunder typically have strong classes.  I think Wheaton has big-time need to add low post talent in this class (for 2014-15 and beyond).  I'm guessing they have guys coming in...but so far we have no idea who they are.