MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gleich

By the way Tom, I'm sorry if my post made it seem like I didn't believe you. That wasn't my intention. I think you're certainly a credible poster  :)  ;)
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

fredfalcon

Already I have to eat crow? Crow will taste good!

RF loses in o.t. 95-94 to Concordia-St. Paul. Ollie White with 18 pts., 11 rbds., and four other Falcons in double figures; UT Udo, 12; David Berthene, 11; Justin Behnke, 11; Aric Smith, 11. Only White and Smith were starters. So--are the Falcons deeper than I thought? Udo played two years ago, Berthene transferred from Bemidji after averaging 10 minutes per game last year.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

fredfalcon

Previous score was wrong. The live stats line stalled when I reported earlier, but when I went back the score was 107-101 in the second o.t., RF losing, 30 secs. left.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

fredfalcon

One more try:  RF loses 109-101. Six guys in double figures--add Taylor Peterson, a starter, with 11. So three starters and three benchers  scored in double figures.

fredfalcon

Final, final score:  RF loses 109-101. Three starters, three reserves in double figures.

stoutguy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 09, 2012, 07:08:42 PM
I dont see BW commenting on something of this nature.
Thanks for speaking for BW.  This is a basketball opinion board, not a court of law.  I don't know what I was thinking for being curious about the post.   :-X

magicman

Voice had a write-up on his blog concerning Whitewater's scrimmage last night against Elmhurst. No mention of anyone missing due to injuries (such as a broken hand). He stated that, "The evening included two 20 minute periods that featured what will likely be the Warhawks 11 man rotation, at least early on."  Perhaps the practice "incident" was exaggerated a bit. The "at least early on" part does leave room for speculation though. Also possible that players invovled in supposed incident are not part of the 11 man rotation.

The Warhawks won both 20 minute halves of the scrimmage.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: stoutguy on November 09, 2012, 11:08:15 PM
Thanks for speaking for BW.  This is a basketball opinion board, not a court of law.  I don't know what I was thinking for being curious about the post.   :-X

I didnt say, "BW will not be commenting." My opinion was that "I dont see him doing it." Maybe he will prove me wrong amd write out a John Gleich-esque post detailing the situation.  ;) He just seems to be tight lipped about certain things and this, in my opinion, falls into that category.  :o
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

stoutguy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 10, 2012, 05:44:21 AM
Quote from: stoutguy on November 09, 2012, 11:08:15 PM

I didnt say, "BW will not be commenting." My opinion was that "I dont see him doing it." Maybe he will prove me wrong amd write out a John Gleich-esque post detailing the situation.  ;) He just seems to be tight lipped about certain things and this, in my opinion, falls into that category.  :o
Greek Tragedy, you are right.  That is his style.  How about if I try to get him to open up.  Hey, BW.  Any brawls at bowling night like the one at UWW basketball practice?  Talk to me. :-*

tomt4525

Quote from: John Gleich on November 09, 2012, 07:44:33 PM
By the way Tom, I'm sorry if my post made it seem like I didn't believe you. That wasn't my intention. I think you're certainly a credible poster  :)  ;)

Thanks for the kind words and no worries.  I didn't take your post as anything negative towards me.  I just figured that I should clarify a little bit about the situation.  Naturally with a topic like this, I would want to be vague with my source but I could have made things with how it happened a little more clear. 

And, like you have mentioned, the story could have been a little exaggerated, possibly the broken hand wasn't a broken hand afterall if there weren't any injuries for the scrimmage.  Questions will be answered shortly.

Speaking of questions, the first Pointer Hoops Radio Show is this coming Monday at 6.  If any Pointer hoops fans can't listen to the broadcast, let me know cuz I could probably post a summary if you want to hear what Semling has to say.

Greek Tragedy

I would like a summary. Can I get that webcast?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

John Gleich

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 10, 2012, 02:19:52 PM
I would like a summary. Can I get that webcast?

It's broadcast on the radio on News/Talk 1010... so the same webstream that works for games should work for the broadcast.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

hoops2

Guys,

I believe the UWSP radio show is on newstalk921.com if you want to listen.  runs from 6-7pm on Monday. 

badgerwarhawk

Sorry to disappoint but I have been vacationing in Aruba for the past week and know nothing of the incident.  However I will say that if I did have details I wouldn't be sharing them here.  Just because you can make something public doesn't mean that you should.  To me this is the kind of thing that should be kept in house and if the original source is someone from within the program someone needs to explain a few things to them.  At least that's how I feel.

That being said if the incident is as reported I have no doubt that Coach Miller will deal with it.  This team has the potential to be very good.

Unfortunately tonight is our last night on "One Happy Island." 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.