FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Dutch Fan

Great finish to the regular season by the Flying Dutchmen. Now on to the postseason. D3Football's mock bracket has Hope hosting sister school Central in the first round, with the winner likely to next face Wheaton.
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

formerd3db

Yes, it was and it had been a long time coming, but in the making as can be seen in review of the last two seasons. Finishing 9-1 is great, although it also makes that first loss to Millikin a real "stinger.". However, now the real test comes regardless of who we are paired with in the first round. 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

hope81

Nice to host.  Wartburg will be a tough test.  They are ranked 19th in the AFCA poll (Hope is unranked).  It appears they put up a lot of points.  Hopefully a great crowd will come out and support the Dutchmen!

formerd3db

Hope is chosen to host the playoff game as expected, however, it will be against Wartburg (IA) instead of our "sister" school Central (IA). This will still be a very tough game.  The preliminary weather report so far is similar to the nice sunny, calmer weather we had yesterday, only a little colder.

A week to prepare!  Can we get the MIAA past the first round, since Trine last did it? I think we have a very good chance! Congratulations to the Hope team, Coach Stuursma and his coaching staff!
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

formerd3db

Quote from: hope81 on November 17, 2019, 05:59:24 PM
Nice to host.  Wartburg will be a tough test.  They are ranked 19th in the AFCA poll (Hope is unranked).  It appears they put up a lot of points.  Hopefully a great crowd will come out and support the Dutchmen!

Yes, I hope we will have much bigger crowds than we've had this season. I can't imagine why that shouldn't happen. I

DBQ1965

Quote from: formerd3db on November 17, 2019, 06:07:28 PM

Yes, I hope we will have much bigger crowds than we've had this season. I can't imagine why that shouldn't happen. I

I expect to add to the attendance numbers, but will of course ... out of conference loyalty ... be sitting on the Wartburg ARC/IIAC side of the field.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

formerd3db

Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 17, 2019, 06:35:41 PM

I expect to add to the attendance numbers, but will of course ... out of conference loyalty ... be sitting on the Wartburg ARC/IIAC side of the field.

I forgive you DBQ1965! :)

P.S. We should really make it point to say hello this time! Pregame, halftime or after? Let me know.

HOPEful

Saturday looks to be cold but sunny, about as good as you can expect for Holland in late November.

Speaking of good as you can hope for, Hope drawing Wartburg at home is about there. Avoiding a trip to Mount Union or Wheaton is nice. I'm not saying I expect them to beat Wartburg, but at least they can legitimately feel like they have a shot.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

DBQ1965

Quote from: formerd3db on November 17, 2019, 06:59:50 PM

P.S. We should really make it point to say hello this time! Pregame, halftime or after? Let me know.

Hey ... I checked in with hazzben1 on the ARC page to see if he is coming over for the game.   Maybe some other D3football readers from the IIAC (I just have to use that once in a while) will be coming as well.   We'll see what can be set up for at least a quick face-to-face around the game.

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

Quote from: formerd3db on November 17, 2019, 06:05:28 PM
Hope is chosen to host the playoff game as expected, however, it will be against Wartburg (IA) instead of our "sister" school Central (IA). This will still be a very tough game.  The preliminary weather report so far is similar to the nice sunny, calmer weather we had yesterday, only a little colder.

A week to prepare!  Can we get the MIAA past the first round, since Trine last did it? I think we have a very good chance! Congratulations to the Hope team, Coach Stuursma and his coaching staff!

Hats off to hope on the 9-1 season and the home playoff game! Based on the lack of respect given to the MIAA nationally it always is a big honor in my opinion to see one of our teams host. Hopefully they have better luck than the only home playoff game I was associated with (Adrian in 2012). If Hope wasnt so far away from everything Id have been tempted to make a trip up and catch the game this weekend. Have they hosted a playoff game before?

Im a virtual ghost here, but that said some thoughts on the 2019 season, the small bit I saw! I didn't see Adrian as much as Id have liked, compared to last year (no longer living 2 blocks from the college didnt help). But when I did I came away impressed with that they are able to do offensively with Wurzer at QB. Hes a pleasure to watch and despite having some deficiencies on that offense as a whole they are able to really spin some solid offense up with what they do have. Hopefully next year has a better record in store and a return to contention that we saw from 2011-15, as they have some good young skill players and Wurzer back for a 3rd season as a starter.

Before I forget, another hats off as well, to Head Coach Dustin Beurer at Albion. 8-2 in his first year at the helm while taking over in the shadows of Rundles successes. A great season to put his own mark on the team and program. I was able to take in a couple of his games this year and was impressed with what I saw and Id bet dollars to donuts hes going to do big things there.  It was an interesting story in the final week of the season with the Albion vs Olivet match-up, both Coach Beurer and Coach Musielewicz are former teammates for the Briton-Deerfield football program. Pretty cool to see both of them make it to head coaching positions from those humble beginnings!
You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day.

DBQ1965

I sent you a private message.  Let me know if nothing turns up.

formerd3db

Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 21, 2019, 04:03:20 PM

DBQ,

Got your PM and I sent you a reply, so check your PMs and let me know. Thanks.

MUC57

formerd3db

Hey Doc

Good luck to your Flying Dutchmen tomorrow. Keep it going!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DBQ1965

Quote from: formerd3db on November 21, 2019, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 21, 2019, 04:03:20 PM

DBQ,

Got your PM and I sent you a reply, so check your PMs and let me know. Thanks.

Got it ... and thanks.  I will track you down after the game.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says the orange Hope uni's are ****ing awesome! Those along with the anchor...some of the best uni's in D3! Best of luck on Saturday!
A long time fan of DIII Football!