FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

I'll agree that the tone of today's game was disappointing, but I'm not pointing fingers at either side in particular.

While Hanna did look close to the line of scrimmage on his two long passes, I thought the penalties were fairly even handed with about 9 a side.

There were, however, way too many personal fouls for both teams and lots of jabbering back and forth between plays.  Aside from the fouls that got called, several guys on both sides tried to get away with cheap bumps and shoves after the whistle blew.  I only caught the tail end of the post game shouting, but that's an unfortunate way to ruin what's normally an opportunity to put in-game animosity aside and respect each other.  Not impressive for either team.

4man

Gordon - very well said!  You put that post very eloquently and I wholeheartedly agree.  Thank you for getting your point across without lashing out or pointing fingers.   ;)

swimma

i was at the lyco, dvc game and i am slightly more bias to the lyco squad as i go to the school....but....i do think they played terrible...i also don't think dvc should be a number six team....that talented of a qb shouldn't have so many turnovers....lyco's offense sucked..hanna the qb lacked so much confidence in any of his passes that his timing was off every time....coaching wise lyco sucked when it came to play calls both offensively and defensivly....on the d side lyco let up way too many third and long opportunites....on the offense it mostly rested at the qb cause he couldn't get through his progressions and the running game was the only semi productive thing, in which they killed themselves with penalties...

as a whole the game was ok nice hard hitting game with alot of stuid meatheadedness on both sides more on lyco's part we had trouble keeping our roid rage under control we might have been able to do ok......

dvc good luck if you play that way every week someones going to pick you off as you made too many mistakes to be a champion...just my opinion good luck

as for lyco they should leave the catholic league recruit scene and try the south jersey group 4 area those guys are beasts and have more talent then anyone they know of up here......s

MOJO

I've been on both sides of the field at Lyco in recent vintage and all I can say is that historically Lyco's team and fans have been a class act.  Officiating can always be an issue, but I do feel this is not a result of the respective school's input, non the less it is a problem.  Personally, yes admittingly I am a Lyco fan except when they play LVC, I always believe there are two sides to every story.  Racism does not belong anywhere, but please do not forget that the racism card can be played both ways.  It would be interesting to hear Lyco's perspective on these supposed incidents.

patron2

swimma,

Exactly how many schools are the South Jersey kids gonna drive by on the way to Williamsport that beat Lycoming??  Widener, DVC, Albright, Rowan... Kids will only drive so far to go play small college football...

When I post that you should put a fork in Lycoming, they are harsh words, but they are true.. Albright's new stadium is top notch.  If you think kids from Bucks, Chester, Montgomery counties are gonna drive out to Williamsport to get beat when they could play for DVC, Albright, or Widener that are closer to home - you have another thing coming.  If you think kids from Southern Jersey are gonna go even farther, wow... I just dont see it happening.

For years Lycoming made a living off of the Philly Catholic league.. They had better do something quick.. One more loss and I bet the Lycoming kids pack the season in like they did last year.

swimma

patron2.....i completly agree but when recruiting is done properly the school should go further than one tallent pool and lyco has held onto the catholic league for too long...the guys there are great athletes but i kid you not those south jersey group four schools are a hot bed of talent....granted they do have to pass some other schools to get up here to good old willy po but lyco has some excellent traditions and more importantly the education is outstanding....i know that when i was looking for schools i checked out the wideners the albrights never got to del val...but every school has a turn off it just matters how much the recruit is willing to make it work...i know albright was the smallest school i ever saw(you could spit from one side of the campus to the other) and widener was just too close to home....everythings got its ups downs and turn arounds....lyco needs to do something and fast to right this sinking ship and i think it starts with motivation from the coaching staff which doesn't seem to be happening.

on a side note....the racial slurs are by far unacceptable of anyone in this day and age...i wasn't there for the end but i know that through out the game both teams where running their mouths at each other which is expected but i think lyco did it more and thats why the score showed up the way it did...they were too busy using their linquistic skills then keeping their mouths shut and playin football....

LurkinMomma

Although I totally agree that the tustle at the end of the game was 100% wrong, someone asked if anyone knew if the trash talk all came from Lyco's side. My boy told me that some of the guys from DVC wouldn't even shake their hand saying " you F***ers aren't fit to shake our hands"

Lyco should not have allowed themselves to be provoked, especially since some of them were behaving inappropately to begin with.

Unfortunate that there was bad behavior on both sides but it definitely was coming from both sides.

D3Phan

Lurkin, funny how my son said the EXACT same thing about not shaking hands..but he said the starters from LYCO...said the F u and did Not shake the hands.....hmmmm.....

Pat Coleman

Perhaps all the hearsay about whose son says which team said what is a discussion you parents can have at the tailgate and not here. Let's try to talk about something else.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

LurkinMomma

Like I said there was bad behavior on both sides........... what came first the chicken or the egg. We'll never know which side started it as I'm sure both teams will claim it was the other guy.  Regardless, it should never have progressed and I fault Lyco and DVC equally. 

I was not defending Lyco, simply answering the question if DVC also was making comments. I don't generally post because I don't want to get into debates about things I know little or nothing about. This was an issue I could simply answer a question. I was not by any means attacking DVC.

Sorry about the hearsay..... I didn't intend to start a debate and will not comment any further

MOJO

Fellow LYCO Fans,
For many years we were spoiled.  Every season we all assumed that Coach G was gonna take us to the MAC promised land, and most years he did.  The reality is because of changes in recruiting dynamics, there is much more paridy in the MAC.  At this point in time most fans will agree the MAC championship goes through Doylestown (DVC).  This will change in time.  DVC can be beat!  As I stated in an earlier post, catch DVC when their game is off or somebody's game is on, and DVC loses.  Look at many current teams in the MAC, they are only a couple positions away from being a great team rather than a mediocre one.  I am still convinced that on any given Saturday, with the right circumstances, any team can defeat another.  I am confident LYCO will address the recruiting issue.  Keep the faith, Warrior fans. 

Simba

Back in the day, the trash talk was worst when we played Jersey teams (Upsala & FDU)...At that time though, it was just one or two players a game and the Ref's would eliminate it by calling a very close game on those individuals with the biggest mouths...Eventually those clowns (on both teams) got the message and stopped their bad behavior...These days, it's only one or two players that are not trash talking!...Look at all the personal fouls that were called on both teams yesterday...Quite a few times, offsetting...My way to shut someone up back then was to pancake their ass 10 yards downfield with a facemask burried between their numbers!!!....All legal and respectful...Guess what...They were the first to seek me out after the game to shake my hand first....Simba

Simba

Quote from: readytorock on September 24, 2005, 11:32:33 PM
Billman: "Ugly, tasteless and classless"  describes accurately the demeanor of a number of (not all) lyco players during and after the game.

It is true that there are a number of superb athletes who play for DVC who are black!  Lycoming is exclusively white! I cannot say that I personally heard a racial slur uttered. I can say that I witnessed a cowardly blindsiding of  # 87 for DVC,   by a  LYCO defensive team player.  I am sure players  on both sides were "talking smack"  as players routinely do.  Lets hope that the ugly spectre of racism  was not the motivation for the LYCO  bad behavior today. If it iwas its time for an attitude adjustment!
That statement is not correct...And I don't buy any of that race card crap you guys are laying out there...Look at picture #137 that D3's own Josh Bowerman took at the game posted on this website...Would these be the two alledged Lyco players yelling the racial slurs?
http://www.pictureprints.net/albums.php?gallery=312&photo=0137

And speaking of "factual" bad behavior, a third party witnessed plenty of it by DV's entire staff on the sideline during the first half of the game...I believe the DV frontrunner quote "Ugly, tasteless and classless" would fit just perfectly to those actions!...How about it Josh...Would you like to reconsider and let all these DV frontrunners read the post you deleted before they got home to read it?...You're not a Lyco fan right?...You're not bias?...Let it fly again...If not, I can paraphrase without your permission can't I?...Simba

Snake Parlor

Albright vs. Kings this weekend was absolutely unreal.  It was one of the best games I've ever seen.  The first half King's dominated.  They ran all over Albright's D.  Albright's O couldn't get anything going and the special teams had a few more mistakes.  The special teams is still shaky.  Kings lead 18-0 at halftime but Albright came back at Kings in the second half.  Albright's D came alive and Port starting getting the offense rolling.  with 2 minutes or so left Albright took the lead 23-20 on a TD pass.  Then with a little over a minute left King's College Qb Chris Barnic threw a bomb to his reciever who took it in for six.  Albright's crowd went silent but the offense came back out with just under a minute to work with.  Albright drove to ball to the 31 going in.  With 4 seconds left Port threw up a prayer to the corner of the endzone just before hitting hit by a King's player.  Albright's reciever was double covered and a King's player batted the ball down and out of no where #80 for Albright came in diving and caught the ball.  The place exploded as Albright took the lead as time expired.

It was ashame someone had to lose as both teams played hard all day.  It was a dog fight and it came down to the very last play.  Kings is 1-3 but are a very good 1-3 team.  Albright is 3-0 and you could say thats a good way to open up a new stadium.   

Pat Coleman

That's kind of a cheap-shot move, singling out someone's old post when you've made almost no posts yourself. Perhaps you should have a track record of your own before you go trashing someone else's.

Edit: Of course, ready2rock deleted his post after mine went up.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.