The Race for the 2013 Regional Births.

Started by EttaFan1, April 19, 2013, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forheavendial4999

Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on May 13, 2013, 12:20:15 PM
Quote from: ADL70 on May 13, 2013, 12:11:51 PM
Quote from: jos s on May 13, 2013, 09:41:35 AM
thanks for the kind words.....   truly a joke to be sent 8 hours away, when there are 3 regionals closer. Case earned and deserved at least the #2 in the Mid east     the selection group should be ashamed.

Whitewater is only about an hour farther than Terre Haute, depending on when you go through Chicago.  The real bitch is the strength of that bracket ( 3 Top25 teams)

How did the NCAA bean-counters let the ME regional be at the far west edge of the region?  Many years ago OWU (or NCAC) hosted a regional at OSU's old field.  Not sure what schools other than Marietta have fields with lights, but certainly there are many fine facilities in Ohio that could serve as a regional host.

West had 3 teams in the TOP 7 and 4 in the TOP 17.....So it could be tougher.

Midwest is still stronger...the national rankings are inflated toward teams that start their season earlier. It's ridiculous. Trinity is a 5 seed, that should tell you how far off the rankings are.

Only 2 of the top 8 teams in the rankings are 1 seeds. The rankings are basically toilet paper.

ADL70

[/quote]

The rankings are basically toilet paper.
[/quote]

To the NCAA
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

woosterbooster

The location of the regional is also toilet paper.  Because it's not a day trip, it becomes expensive for fans.  5 1/2 hours of driving plus three or four nights lodging.  Sorry, but yet another NCAA DIII sporting event that won't get the attendance that it could.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: Wooster Booster on May 13, 2013, 06:58:57 PM
The location of the regional is also toilet paper.  Because it's not a day trip, it becomes expensive for fans.  5 1/2 hours of driving plus three or four nights lodging.  Sorry, but yet another NCAA DIII sporting event that won't get the attendance that it could.

Did Wooster bid to host?

Think of it this way...would you rather not have the 3-4 nights lodging? Could only be 1...

ScotsFan

Quote from: forheavendial4999 on May 13, 2013, 09:23:39 PM

Did Wooster bid to host?

Think of it this way...would you rather not have the 3-4 nights lodging? Could only be 1...

Wooster doesn't have lights so they can't bid to host...

ScotsFan

Quote from: ADL70 on May 13, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

[/quote]

To the NCAA
[/quote]

But what kind of toilet paper?   :P

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: ScotsFan on May 14, 2013, 09:51:21 AM

Did Wooster bid to host?

At least not at Wooster. Is there another venue they could host at.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: ScotsFan on May 14, 2013, 10:10:24 AM
Quote from: ADL70 on May 13, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

To the NCAA
[/quote]

But what kind of toilet paper?   :P
[/quote]

The rough stuff from the Quick Stop.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on May 14, 2013, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: ScotsFan on May 14, 2013, 09:51:21 AM

Did Wooster bid to host?

At least not at Wooster. Is there another venue they could host at.

Oh please don't give them any ideas to have it in Canton again.

forheavendial4999

I totally agree with what Dr. A said about liking this for Marietta. Hopefully weather doesn't bump them out of the first day, though. If that doesn't happen, then I like it.

I think Illinois Wesleyan is a very dangerous team. They may have the best ace in the whole tournament, and a potent offense as well.

jos s

looks as if the regional selection group, is also voting in the D3baseball polls.... 43%  pick marietta ?    wish i was a bookie....

mideastfan2

Quote from: jos s on May 14, 2013, 03:02:21 PM
looks as if the regional selection group, is also voting in the D3baseball polls.... 43%  pick marietta ?    wish i was a bookie....

not quite sure what your beef is with Marietta, but it's pretty obvious you aren't a fan...no biggie, not everyone is. BUT their overall in-region record, SOS, and past achievements definitely warrant their seed this year.  I believe you are a Case supporter, and they have had a great season...but don't confuse one day's worth of games against Marietta as something that is representative of a whole season's worth of work.

good luck to Case tomorrow, they are going to need it with that crappy draw they were given.

forheavendial4999

Case got screwed, I don't blame a fan of theirs for being annoyed by it.

Hopefully Gish can stand on his head and upset Whitewater and then maybe they have a chance to do something. Facing Whitewater, then ST. Thomas would just be heinous.