BB: UMAC: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OshDude

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 11, 2013, 09:57:22 AM
Will be a change of pace today compared to previous years since BLC lost both their games and were eliminated. CSS wins both, another step closer to winning the automatic bid
As Joe mentioned on the webcast, it was also nice to see CSS have its home opener ... at the UMAC tourney.

Though my attention will be scattered among the many tourneys today, I'm looking forward to Joe's between-inning playlist. Not many stations will play Sinatra, Florence + the Machine, Garth Brooks and Duran Duran in the same hour.

biggio34

Despite going undefeated in the conference over the last two years by winning all their regular season games and all conference tournament games, the UMAC some how does not give Coach Kemp from CSS the conference coach of the year award in '12 or '13.  That is a conference record of 41-0 over the last two years.

One thing is quite clear, the UMAC award voters love Cox.

http://www.mlc-wels.edu/home/athletics/menssports/baseball/news/cox-named-coach-of-the-year-two-named-first-team-all-umac

ShineTime

GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

schmolph

The UMAC is a tough conference. Maybe bring in D2 UM Crookston and they could battle with Crown and Morris for last place.
Feel sorry for CSS with this pathetic competiton.

BigPoppa

Immaculata knocked off Northwester 6-1 in game one of a DH in Ft. Pierce, Florida today.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

therocket21

CSS goes 3-0 against quality opponent Keystone to begin their Spring trip. The lineup put up 8, 6, and 6 runs in the games, and it appears their pitchers threw well. Good to see after a shaky Tulsa trip for the Saints.

badgerwarhawk

Surprise, surprise.  I didn't see that one coming.  :D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AO

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 11, 2014, 06:00:56 PM
Surprise, surprise.  I didn't see that one coming.  :D
A Whitewater fan complaining about a lack of parity???? :o

badgerwarhawk

17 straight  Predicting the Saints to win their conference tournament is as difficult as predicting that the sun will rise in the east.

I wasn't complaining about anything, AO.  I put the laughing icon after the comment to indicate that I was making a joke.  Not a very good one perhaps but my intention none the less.  Having interacted with the Saint players and staff on several occasions my perception of them is that they're a class act.

It will be interesting to see if Superior can compete with them on the diamond once they join the league.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AO

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 13, 2014, 09:36:47 AM
17 straight  Predicting the Saints to win their conference tournament is as difficult as predicting that the sun will rise in the east.

I wasn't complaining about anything, AO.  I put the laughing icon after the comment to indicate that I was making a joke.  Not a very good one perhaps but my intention none the less.  Having interacted with the Saint players and staff on several occasions my perception of them is that they're a class act.

It will be interesting to see if Superior can compete with them on the diamond once they join the league.   
I got the joke, just throwing it right back at you  ;D

If you want to be more serious, I will say parity is overrated.  The people that "take their ball and go home" if their team is at any disadvantage and doesn't win 50% of their games is missing out on a lot of compelling underdog stories.

NuckBall

Any idea how UWS will fit in the grand scheme of things moving forward? Is their program strong enough to compete with the top teams in this conference?

therocket21

Quote from: NuckBall on May 08, 2015, 12:59:09 PM
Any idea how UWS will fit in the grand scheme of things moving forward? Is their program strong enough to compete with the top teams in this conference?

I am guessing they will be the 2nd best team in the conference next year. But, that is just my opinion. They will add three more competitive games to the Saints' conference schedule, which I think CSS will look forward to.

biggio34

Quote from: therocket21 on May 08, 2015, 02:40:21 PM
Quote from: NuckBall on May 08, 2015, 12:59:09 PM

I am guessing they will be the 2nd best team in the conference next year. But, that is just my opinion. They will add three more competitive games to the Saints' conference schedule, which I think CSS will look forward to.

Two games actually, the conference is switching to 2 game series instead of 3 with the addition of another team.  Not only will UWS compete but they will be contenders for the conference and tournament championships in my opinion.

MIACLUV

Is UWS going to have Baseball next year?