FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog

I think Pomona should be higher, at this point given how much they have coming back on defense and I really like there QB he is special ...
They could easily flip flop with CMS, yes the Hens in the upper half of the league, wow.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

OxyBob

Quote from: olddog on August 16, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
Oxy numbers way down, in the high 40's, only six O linemen. 8 or 9 d linemen. Its going to be real ugly.

First order of business for the new HC is to travel to Puget Sound and get whacked by his alma mater.

OxyBob

wildcat11

Quote from: RFB on August 18, 2017, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: wildcat11 on August 18, 2017, 02:33:37 AM
Quote from: D O.C. on August 16, 2017, 11:37:46 PM
Trust the the WILDCATS will not be looking past Chapman to the following game with #1 Mary Hardin Baylor.

Too many questions at QB/WR and DB to be answered.  Should be pretty dang good upfront on both sides of the ball and at LB.  Haven't had too much to say this week as I'm sitting on Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki right now.  Aloha!

Make sure you get up to the North Shore if you haven't already. Only place to visit on Oahu in my opinion.

Off to Hanauma Bay for the day.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: OxyBob on August 18, 2017, 02:04:27 PM
Oxy numbers way down, in the high 40's, only six O linemen. 8 or 9 d linemen. Its going to be real ugly.

First order of business for the new HC is to travel to Puget Sound and get whacked by his alma mater.

OxyBob

The main point of the trip is to have fun and make sure everyone gets a chance to play!

CalCat

Quote from: D O.C. on August 17, 2017, 11:14:56 PM
OCGuy...NO on the similarities from 2014. There were seasoned players and a Qb behind the curtain.

LINFIELD almost always has the defense. Chapman will have to score at least 4. (I loathe predictions, but there it is).

Doc...got to disagree l think there are similarities including the curtain thing 🤐
CalCat

CalCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on August 18, 2017, 02:19:02 PM
Quote from: RFB on August 18, 2017, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: wildcat11 on August 18, 2017, 02:33:37 AM
Quote from: D O.C. on August 16, 2017, 11:37:46 PM
Trust the the WILDCATS will not be looking past Chapman to the following game with #1 Mary Hardin Baylor.

Too many questions at QB/WR and DB to be answered.  Should be pretty dang good upfront on both sides of the ball and at LB.  Haven't had too much to say this week as I'm sitting on Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki right now.  Aloha!

Make sure you get up to the North Shore if you haven't already. Only place to visit on Oahu in my opinion.

Off to Hanauma Bay for the day.

11 really....camp opens and your in Hawaii 🌴🌈🍍🏄🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
CalCat

Gray Fox

Quote from: Jack Parkman on August 18, 2017, 02:20:53 PM
Quote from: OxyBob on August 18, 2017, 02:04:27 PM

OxyBob

The main point of the trip is to have fun and make sure everyone gets a chance to play!
With that small roster - they will ALL play. :P
Fierce When Roused

Oxy1995

Oxy's small roster was due to the fact that the incoming freshmen were not listed yet.  The roster online now includes the incoming freshmen.
Not that it will matter. 

olddog

Oxy, wow...low 50's, will be under 50 players by mid-season. Only six OL listed on roster, two frosh. I would hate to play QB.

OCguy

kids will get hurt. Oxy's athletic department should realize that fielding a team that small is embarrassing for the school.

olddog

Quote from: OCguy on August 21, 2017, 09:13:17 PM
kids will get hurt. Oxy's athletic department should realize that fielding a team that small is embarrassing for the school.

CMS and PP have had many years at these numbers. Oxy Coach quit for a reason, something happen that was the straw that broke his back.
Look at their coaches left on staff, no O line coach.

Oxy1995

Quote from: olddog on August 22, 2017, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: OCguy on August 21, 2017, 09:13:17 PM

CMS and PP have had many years at these numbers. Oxy Coach quit for a reason, something happen that was the straw that broke his back.
Look at their coaches left on staff, no O line coach.

The assistant coaching thing is interesting.  The DC left months ago (now coaching at Pomona).  Safe to assume he was let go.  Oxy had the lowest ranked defense in terms of total defense in all of Division III.  The offensive coordinator also left.  The offense did a pretty good job last year.  He was the head coach's main guy and they went back.  The fact that he left as well suggests that Semones leaving was more than just "retiring"

olddog

Oxy, which coach was always cussing at the defense on the sideline, the DC or HC...Bottom line is the school has a new culture and athletics is not part of it. Honestly the offense could throw the ball but not run it anymore due to a poor O line. Do tapped out against UR tired of getting hit. I was shocked he said he was done at his last home game.

I wonder if this culture change will impact any donors ? I have not doubt those kids hating on the National Anthem will be good for some huge donations down the road.

Oxy1995

Quote from: olddog on August 22, 2017, 04:32:24 PM
Oxy, which coach was always cussing at the defense on the sideline, the DC or HC...Bottom line is the school has a new culture and athletics is not part of it. Honestly the offense could throw the ball but not run it anymore due to a poor O line. Do tapped out against UR tired of getting hit. I was shocked he said he was done at his last home game.

I wonder if this culture change will impact any donors ? I have not doubt those kids hating on the National Anthem will be good for some huge donations down the road.

I do know that the current situation has had an impact on the annual donation my wife and I would give to the school.  The same is true for a number of alumi I know.  One of the reasons the AD hired Redell was she thought it would appease the alumi pissed at Widolff's firing. 

I am happy that there has been a coaching change.  Being ranked dead last in total defense is ridiculous.  The timing of everything and the A.D.'s reaction bothers me greatly. 

OCguy

Widolff coached at Chapman for 1 or 2 years and i couldn't say more positive things about the guy. Class act all around. If i was an Oxy alumni i would be frustrated as well.