MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: gordonmann on June 29, 2017, 11:20:58 PM
The GNAC is getting a new member for men's hoops in 2018-19.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2017/06/st-joseph-adds-mens-sports

That's in addition to Regis and Colby-Sawyer, who both come in the same year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

D3HoopJunkie

Interesting stuff! I guess its always a good thing to add teams to the conference. Although I think its easy to assume that St Joes CT will not be making any "noise" in terms of competition for at least the first couple of seasons.

Ryan, I remember reading an article posted on the GNAC website that said Regis was actually joining this school year 2017-18 with Colby Sawyer joining the following year 2018-19??

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: D3HoopJunkie on July 01, 2017, 09:36:16 AM
Interesting stuff! I guess its always a good thing to add teams to the conference. Although I think its easy to assume that St Joes CT will not be making any "noise" in terms of competition for at least the first couple of seasons.

Ryan, I remember reading an article posted on the GNAC website that said Regis was actually joining this school year 2017-18 with Colby Sawyer joining the following year 2018-19??

That might be true; I don't have time at the moment to double check.

gordonmann

D3HoopJunkie

Nothing on the recruiting front from anyone in the GNAC?

Specifically Albertus???

I havent heard anything personally but thought there would be a little something here from another program perhaps??

I cant wait till November!!!

Falcons 25

Breaking News:   Albertus Magnus has added at least 4 new players for the 2017-18 season.
2 true freshmen & at least 2 "transfers(1- senior & 1- for junior & senior yrs.)
one a "monster" 4 or 5!!!!
Some question as to whether Mason Jones will return for this season!
STAY TUNED!

D3HoopJunkie

Great news Falcons25!

I heard that Mason Jones was back and enrolled for the year so lets hope thats true! I really want to see this kid play! I think some fans thought the hype was a little much for him last year but really we never saw a healthy Mason Jones take the court.

Any names on those recruits?? I figured Oliver would go his typical JUCO route, but couple those guys with what he has returning, I dont think they will be stopped this year in the GNAC.  The other teams who typically challenge us lost quite a bit of talent and we already had the most depth and best team returning as it is even before new recruits commited for the upcoming season

Falcons 25

Albertus Magnus has added a STUD POINT GUARD! Ajen English from Globe institute of Technology in N.Y.C. & Appoquinimink High School
in West Middletown, Delaware. (2012- High school) My guess is one year left...only a guess.
6-2 guard, scores outside & inside, built like Sledge!
Mason Jones will be on the team too! Liam & Aaron, our centers, are back also.
GO FALCONS- I can hardly contain myself!

falcons2010

Hey GNAC fans! It's been a while since my last post. It will be interesting to see these falcons play. But  it will also be interesting to see who is on the roster and how long it takes them to jail. I am hoping that Jones is healthy and the young guys who played a major role last year come back. I guess we will learn more as pre-season begins.

D3HoopJunkie

Wow! Just did some digging on A'Jen English. His older brother is AJ English who was a 3X 1st team all MAAC player and one of the top scoring guards in the country at D1 Iona. Oliver clearly has an unbelivable connection with the Iona program and I have no doubts that this relationship led to landing A'Jen. He avergaged just under 25 PPG at D1 JUCO Globe Tech and it appeara to me that we can have his talents for 3 full seasons. This is outstanding news and I cant wait to see this kid play.

I plan on posting a little later on with my take on the rest of the roster.

Anyone have a name on the front court player that we have heard about? Im hearing he is a big time low block, back to the basket player???

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Falcons 25 on September 07, 2017, 05:02:07 PM
Albertus Magnus has added a STUD POINT GUARD! Ajen English from Globe institute of Technology in N.Y.C. & Appoquinimink High School
in West Middletown, Delaware. (2012- High school) My guess is one year left...only a guess.
6-2 guard, scores outside & inside, built like Sledge!
Mason Jones will be on the team too! Liam & Aaron, our centers, are back also.
GO FALCONS- I can hardly contain myself!

I can see Appoquinimink High School from my back window - although we moved here in May of 2012, so I don't know anything about English.  I'll make sure to check him out, though.

Falcons 25

Latest on Ajen English: Now I here that he can not play at least 1st semester.
Mason Jones is fine & will play!

Saint-Paul

Saints finally posted their new schedule for the upcoming season.  I guess getting crushed twice by Johnson and Wales each year wasn't enough.  Now the Saints scheduled JWU (FLA) for a New year's tournament.  Good Luck.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Saint-Paul on September 11, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
Saints finally posted their new schedule for the upcoming season.  I guess getting crushed twice by Johnson and Wales each year wasn't enough.  Now the Saints scheduled JWU (FLA) for a New year's tournament.  Good Luck.

Um... yeah... so you I hope you are being tongue-in-cheek about this... because I wouldn't say the two school's programs are equal. LOL

http://northmiami.jwuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/schedule
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Falcons 25

Albertus Magnus College men`s basketball schedule (2017-18) Highlights:

Falcons open with three straight home games starting on 11/18 against SWARTHMORE.
One week later is W.P.I. & then the BIG ONE, BABSON about 4 days later.
A.M.C. will also play at KEENE STATE on 12/5 & have a home tilt against SUNY- CANTON
on 2/13!
(Go to D3hoops.com & Teams & you`ll get their schedule!)
So, about 2 months to go! MIDNIGHT MADNESS anyone! (please schedule it this year!)