Fantasy Baseball in the CCIW

Started by droppinbombs47, April 21, 2010, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

droppinbombs47

Me and some of my friends were discussing the possibility of running a fun game of fantasy baseball in the CCIW in the upcoming years.  I think it could be exciting and fun for those who follow the conference as much as we do.  Anybody have any thoughts about how this would work out?

Gregory Sager

It's a good idea, and it's fairly easy to do via this website if you have someone who is willing to compile the stats. Several of us regulars on the CCIW basketball board ran a CCIW fantasy basketball league for several years, and over on the Multi-Regional Topics branch of the basketball boards we've run D3 tournament fantasy basketball leagues for the past couple of Marches.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

jigsaw54

That is a great idea.  I know I'm in for sure.
Mess with the Best Die like the Rest.

HITandRUN463

I think droppinbombs47 could be onto something here.  I know I would be in, if we have enough people to post and participate.
"See, how it works is, the train moves, not the station."

Mr. Ypsi

I'd be very tempted (and might join despite my better judgment), but should probably stick to basketball (where I won this season's tourney pool).  My first draft pick would probably have been Kraig Ladd (currently hitting .182), and first pitcher might well have been a cross-my-fingers on Brent Kulavic (0-2, with a 6.03 era (he would certainly at least have been my first 'homer' pick, instead of Jason Pankau: 6-0, 2.15 era).

Baseball does not appear to be my primary area of expertise! :P

cardsalum

Droppinbombs great idea on the fantasy league. This in the midst of watching the origins of rotisserie baseball on espn's 30 for 30. It would be tough to get a solid read on some of the players in the CCIW. We don't know a lot about these players like we do in the pros.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: cardsalum on April 22, 2010, 08:32:48 AM
Droppinbombs great idea on the fantasy league. This in the midst of watching the origins of rotisserie baseball on espn's 30 for 30. It would be tough to get a solid read on some of the players in the CCIW. We don't know a lot about these players like we do in the pros.

I can tell you, based upon my experiences with various fantasy basketball leagues and contests in the CCIW and D3 at large, that the unknown factor is a lot of what makes it fun.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell