Spring Games...Signs of things to come

Started by Go2Goal, April 19, 2017, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go2Goal

I know that it's the Spring and there are several months until teams are  playing meaningful games again but let's go. Rowan just beat Division 1 Delaware 6-0! Rowan looks incredible, this game could have been much worse. With 10 returning starters and all region transfer Ryan Campbell added to the mix. This team is looking scary for the fall!

sokermom

Where are the results for these Spring scrimmages/friendlies posted?

Go2Goal

They don't get posted but can be shared here.

NJrexSoccer03

Looks like Etown played Cabrini, Stockton, and Dickinson. I have very limited information but I know that Etown was not scored on by any of the teams. I know for sure they scored 1 goal against Dickinson. It looks like they might have scored against Stockton as well(guessing from a picture).

If someone has more information please provide your insight.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Some results I found online go as follows...

Eastern beats Haverford 2-1 and beats Washington College 1-0

Lycoming wins all three of their scrimmages by scores of 3-1, 2-0, and 1-0 but did not say who they played

Hood hosted McDaniel, Hagerstown CC, and Frederick CC but no results posted

Etown and Millersville hosted the annual Red Card Cancer event so most likely a few more teams at that play date other than who Etown played

Catholic and American draw 1-1

Any others? This past weekend seemed to be the typical days for spring games.

OldNed

St. Joseph's of Maine beat Colby Sawyer 4-0, University of New England 2-1, and Thomas College 4-0.  Not bad for a team that made it to the second round of the NCAAs despite having trouble scoring goals in 2016.

4231CenterBack

Gordon beats Babson 2-1 on 4/22 @ Babson.

blooter442

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on April 25, 2017, 09:21:43 AM
Gordon beats Babson 2-1 on 4/22 @ Babson.

👀

Obviously it's just a spring game, but Gordon graduated Cole and Babson brings back most of its core, so to get that result away from home is a good indicator for the Scots.

casualfan

Are these schools playing their multiple scrimmages all on the same date with shortened games/halves? To my knowledge, schools are only allowed 1 date of competition in the non-traditional season which cannot exceed more than 120 minutes of competition.

I could very well be wrong, but that's what I remember hearing in the past. Any insight??

NEPAFAN

According to Twitter Scranton and East Stroudsburg battled to a 0-0 draw.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

OldNed

Casualfan,
I believe you've got it mostly correct, although it's 180 minutes of competition.  So in a tournament setting a team could play 3 games of 60 minutes each, 30 minute halves.  I believe the playing has to be done in one single day, so a team couldn't play a full 90 minute game one weekend and then another full game the following weekend.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Frostburg dismantles Stevenson 4-0

And as for the multiple games I believe all of these teams that are D3 can only play the games during a single day. So for example a team could play 4 45 minute games or 2 90 minute games or 6 30 minute games and so on and so forth. They just all have to be on the same day of play for a D3 school. D1 and D2 get more play dates and allotted scrimmages due to their division rules and laws.

NEPAFAN

Shouldn't we start seeing more official commits ?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Golden_Fan

Shooter McGavin

Do we have any knowledge of some big time teams' results? Saw the Haverford result...anything with Amherst, Messiah, F&M, Tufts, Wheaton, Loras, Calvin, Oneonta, UAA schools, etc?