MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Gabriel

Any news/rumors regarding tne Gettysburg job?  With the openings at NYU, Wash U, Getty etc the coaching carousel begins once again.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gabriel on March 23, 2018, 02:30:25 PM
Any news/rumors regarding tne Gettysburg job?  With the openings at NYU, Wash U, Getty etc the coaching carousel begins once again.

I hear they are to their finalists... probably already have them on the campus... but I don't have any concrete names except those that are being floated around.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gabriel

HopkinsNest7

Wouldn't be surprised if McClarys name came up in the Gettysburg conversation. Capable recruiter in Pennsylvania, knows the conference. Another name I would not be surprised to see is Ryan Germano from McDaniel. Gave up playing division 1 football to make the jump to NJAC basketball. This shows the needed desire and drive to win games in this highly touted conference. Look for Germanos name to be floated around for several jobs in the future.
Ive always preferred basketball in it's third division.

HopkinsNest7

Quote from: HopkinsNest7 on April 07, 2017, 04:34:55 PM
The Mules needed a change and got it with Hopkins, my point was there were bigger fish in the pond. The German import Werheim is a gift for any incoming coach and a former post player can do wonders for him and his teammates.

I predict a 6th place finish for the Mules a there will be definite improvements but not enough to get them to Centennial supremacy. And yes Hank, it is always good for the man at the helm to be out of the tabloids.

Not a bad prediction...
Ive always preferred basketball in it's third division.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: HopkinsNest7 on March 27, 2018, 07:43:43 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if McClarys name came up in the Gettysburg conversation. Capable recruiter in Pennsylvania, knows the conference. Another name I would not be surprised to see is Ryan Germano from McDaniel. Gave up playing division 1 football to make the jump to NJAC basketball. This shows the needed desire and drive to win games in this highly touted conference. Look for Germanos name to be floated around for several jobs in the future.

Names have already come up with that job... neither of those appear to be on the radar.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gabriel

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Nope.

Though, the list of names I did get included one that I checked on and he hadn't received a call from the school. I have a few people who have been interested who updated me, though I don't have a list of names. That said... no names mentioned here have been reported by another entity or been mentioned to me.

Gabriel

centfan

It looks like the coaching job at Brandeis might now be open unless they appoint an interim coach...Meehan was fired recently amidst allegations of abuse and racism, unfortunately

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I suspect that job will be open. With what is going on there, I think an interim appointment will not help them move forward.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

CCHoopster

Interesting hire- not saying bad but not one I'd be excited about if I were a Bullet. It is very fair to point out he only has one winning season (immediately after the previous coach left) followed by four sub .500 seasons. Double digit wins only 2 out of 5 years and only .500 or better twice in league in five years. A bottom three team in the league in a conference that is not full of ranked teams.

I certainly wish him much success and only the best.

Pat Coleman

These things are true, but Vassar wasn't a conference power at any point, either.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.