FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog

Quote from: Gray Fox on January 14, 2022, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: olddog on January 14, 2022, 04:00:19 PM
Redlands recruiting is heating up, some good looking players...reaching for athletes and upper level prospects. The most interesting thing this season is our school president is responding and welcoming players to campus. I think that is pretty cool. Obviously she loves sports, so there might be hope at UR.
Redlands is advertising on the local NPR station here in Dallas.

Redlands is trying to get numbers up, and expand with some regional campuses too (long term)...
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Dr. Doolittle

Quote from: olddog on January 18, 2022, 11:07:38 AM
Quote from: Gray Fox on January 14, 2022, 04:29:48 PM
Quote from: olddog on January 14, 2022, 04:00:19 PM
Redlands recruiting is heating up, some good looking players...reaching for athletes and upper level prospects. The most interesting thing this season is our school president is responding and welcoming players to campus. I think that is pretty cool. Obviously she loves sports, so there might be hope at UR.
Redlands is advertising on the local NPR station here in Dallas.

Redlands is trying to get numbers up, and expand with some regional campuses too (long term)...
Cal Lutheran had about a dozen recruits for the weekend for the first weekend recruiting.  Hope they snag some good ones.

olddog

Any idea on how many they want to bring in, the extra year every player was given is having an impacted on desired new numbers. UR going for athletes and linemen, very Maynard like....Get the best athlete then move them around to program needs.

Dr. Doolittle

Cal Lu hired Lugo as head Coach.  Not a good decision, in my opinion.  New assistant coaches also.  We will see what next year brings>

olddog

Wow, hope all is well Dr.

UR doing very well in the recruiting dept, picked up a couple solid DBs, we always get our share of RB and WR...I know of two solid linemen we have landed.
So far I have seen about 8 to 10 players that have a chance of being a starter their last couple years. One of the DBs will start sooner. So far so good.
New president is the real deal.

Dr. Doolittle

Cal Lu having a lot of recruits coming in for visits.  Should have about 16 to 18 O-lineman next season, with a large freshman O-line class.  Some skill position also, just don't know if it will matter if Lugo continues offensive play calling.  Just my opinion.  Lugo is a good man, and a good leader, just not a good play caller.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Dr. Doolittle on March 01, 2022, 06:56:55 PM
Cal Lu hired Lugo as head Coach.  Not a good decision, in my opinion.  New assistant coaches also.  We will see what next year brings>

Curious how your interview went for the HC job? You seem to have an axe to grind with Lugo and are very opinionated, which is fine, but if my kid played at a school I don't think I would go on and bad mouth the HC.

Dr. Doolittle

I have a career not in coaching, but I was a college and pro athlete, in my younger days.  Just telling the truth, as I know it.  I am not bad mouthing him?  Just stating my opinion.  I said mostly nice things, but he is a terrible play caller!  That is obvious if you watched any games the past 3-4 seasons.  Why do you care and who are you? ;D

olddog

Jack,

CLU offense has not been very good the last couple years, it obvious to me they need to recruit better up front. You can manufacture a pretty good D3 d line ...few shorter or slender kids that beef up, an couple linebackers etc...However O line is tougher. If they are 6'5" and #300 there is a reason they are not D1. Cal Lu O line has been too slow in the past few years, I would give up size for kids that can move.

Dr. Doolittle

I found out that Lugo has passed the offensive coordinator job to the O-line coach Sutherland.  This may be good news for Cal Lu.  As far as old dogs comment, Cal Lu has it largest number of O-lineman in years next season.  Few years back, they only had 9 o-lineman, and next year should be 16-18 O-lineman. 

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Dr. Doolittle on March 12, 2022, 11:21:53 AM
I have a career not in coaching, but I was a college and pro athlete, in my younger days.  Just telling the truth, as I know it.  I am not bad mouthing him?  Just stating my opinion.  I said mostly nice things, but he is a terrible play caller!  That is obvious if you watched any games the past 3-4 seasons.  Why do you care and who are you? ;D

Don't get it wrong, I want Cal Lu to be successful as I graduated from there and want to see them improve. Maybe my interpretation of some of your posts is off, which often happens.

I watch the games and it is obvious something needs to be done to improve the overall product. Hopefully any changes that have been made/will be made will help accomplish it. You obviously have much more info than I do from far away, so I'll take your word for it.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: olddog on March 14, 2022, 11:36:41 AM
Jack,

CLU offense has not been very good the last couple years, it obvious to me they need to recruit better up front. You can manufacture a pretty good D3 d line ...few shorter or slender kids that beef up, an couple linebackers etc...However O line is tougher. If they are 6'5" and #300 there is a reason they are not D1. Cal Lu O line has been too slow in the past few years, I would give up size for kids that can move.

I have watched and yes, you are correct that the O has been bad. Seems like they don't get the players they did 10 years ago. I'm sure there are plenty of opinions on why, but it's obvious.

olddog

Coach Mac was an O line guy, I wonder where the wheels came off. They always had a mix of big guys and quick guys on the O line, somewhere along the process they got away from the kid being and athlete and being able to move his feet. I think Coach Mac towards the end wanted to be able to run the ball down your throat and went big.

D O.C.

olddog . . . book your trip to Mcminnville now. Our homecoming game will start at 6 o'clock.

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on April 15, 2022, 06:47:06 PM
olddog . . . book your trip to Mcminnville now. Our homecoming game will start at 6 o'clock.

Not this year, the dogs will be very young. New QB, need to find three offensive linemen, RBs, WRs ...a lot of open spots. On D, the D line is young, and our best back end players are gone.
We have some talent and the future looks pretty good, but it is inexperienced. I think best case we go 8-2, ...6-4 is the more likely range. It wont be a bad year if we finish above .500...
We have had a good off season and we have a ton of players, this is a development year in my mind, make a solid run in 23,24.