WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

Don't they have 6 or 7 kids out with Covid related symptoms?
From what I was told, Monaghan, Quigley, McCurdy, Lynch, Nolan, Farney & the DI transfer, Duerr have all been out sick.
Some are just coming around & good enough to travel but not play while some others are still fairly sick.
All the other kids are dressing & playing.

ronk

I'm remembering 13 made the trip to Susque on Wed(maybe 2 in warmups) and I counted 16 today with 3 in warmups and 13 dressed to play. Hopefully, they'll all be back for Tues/Wed. It's fortunate that the roster had expanded to 18 for this semester, up from 17 last semester and from the usual max of 16 in previous seasons.

Royals85

Thank you for the info!One other question can you go back and watch games that have been played like two weeks ago or No?Trying to watch Christopher Newport game tonight and a couple others two weeks ago!

ronk

Don't know if the schools archive their videos; many do, like the Landmark schools, for on-demand viewing. CNU, really UMW, the home team today, had  a tech problem today with the videostream that wasn't corrected until sometime in the 2nd half.

ronk

Interesting test for the Lady Royals tomorrow when they host Salisbury 12-2 on the season, having lost to only Catholic and Messiah. Salisbury will be hosting current #2 CNU on Saturday, prompting comparisons between Scranton and CNU in view of the outcomes of these games. Salisbury is coached by former Lady Royal Kelly Lewandowski Baskow, now in her 11th season. Kelly was an important factor in successive Final Four appearances in 2005 and 6. I frequently encountered Kelly at 5-year reunions(we're on the same cycle) and AAU tourneys evaluating prospects.
This could be the only serious test for the Lady Royals til the final 4 games of the regular season. Hopefully, all will be back tomorrow and able to play.

Jester1390

If you ever have a hard time finding a video. This happens a lot in hcac game disappears right after.  Go to the team page. Look up there news page most schools will have a preview of the game and in that the video link.  I couldn't find the Hanover vs rose game till I did that

Royals85

Royals85

First and foremost what a blessing to have had Abby Anderson fall into your lap.Wish a couple more would fall like her.She is an all around player.Saratoga you nailed it by saying coach got lucky having her fall into the program.Also I think you can't hold Ryan out any longer-Great rebounder,passer and scorer (She really compliments Abby well and team)It was nice to see the team finally hit 40 % from the field!So great win against another Top 40 team tonight keep it up Lady Royals

ronk

Abby didn't quite "fall into coach's lap". I was a strong advocate to the previous coaching staff 6 years ago for Abby's all-around play relative to other prospects before she eventually chose St. Francis(NY). Plus, she had a sibling attending Scranton at that time. So, we could say that she was predisposed to choosing Scranton for the graduate part of her education.
  Abby is the only player whose pregame warmup layup drills come with a 90' dribbling effort(rebound at defensive end to layup at the other end).  :)
  Pleasantly surprised that Bridget was so effective yesterday after not playing for 3 weeks.

saratoga

If the Lady Royal braintrust is interested in getting Emma into the offensive flow, then for heavens sake, get her down on the blocks where she has a decided height advantage and let her get her legs back & gain some confidence.
Having her at the top of the key just setting screens is a waste of talent.
Also, time for Maddy R. to get the start.
She crashes the boards, has probably 75% of their total offensive rebounds, plays tight D, & makes her free throws.
In the recent games I've seen E-town, they are making a very concerted effort to score down low early then have the kick out to Christ & their freshman for looks at the 3 or drives to the basket.
The Lady Royals can not afford to disappear into their patented 5 minute disappearing acts against Etown.
The Lady Jays are physical & will bang from start to finish...be ready.

ronk

This is the game-of-the-day in an otherwise lame Landmark 8-game schedule tomorrow. The E-town coach is one of the better ones in the region and Veronica Christ one of the quality players. Each possession is important when playing them; no room for careless traveling when initiating a dribble or unset picks/fouls. Hopefully, we'll see improvement in these areas.

NEPAFAN

How did Christ not go to Catholic?

(I'm sorry)  ;D
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Tim the Enchanter

Quote from: NEPAFAN on January 21, 2022, 03:21:03 PM
How did Christ not go to Catholic?

(I'm sorry)  ;D

Or Moravian... It's in Bethlehem.  :D

saratoga

Probably because (Christ) was Jewish & wasn't up for taking any mandatory theology courses since he wrote the book.  ;)

Royals85

Great comeback win Lady Royals!!!!!Keep up the great team work!