Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hickory_cornhusker

Saw a girl in a Greensboro College sweatshirt at the Ripon-Marian basketball game today in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.

K-Mack

I saw Middlebury and McDaniel within like 2 minutes of each other in Georgetown last week. Not too abormal but I like when the D-III stuff shows up in bunches.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

02 Warhawk

Saw a Whitewater hoodie at the Elmhurst/Ill Wesleyan football game in Elmhurst. Turns out the guy has a son that plays football for Elmhurst and a daughter that plays softball at UWW.

Saw a guy trick or treating with his kids with a St. Thomas hat on. Seeing UST stuff around the Milwaukee area is becoming more and more common. He said he played basketball for the Tommies a few years back.

K-Mack

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 26, 2012, 06:38:59 PM
Saw a Whitewater hoodie at the Elmhurst/Ill Wesleyan football game in Elmhurst. Turns out the guy has a son that plays football for Elmhurst and a daughter that plays softball at UWW.

Saw a guy trick or treating with his kids with a St. Thomas hat on. Seeing UST stuff around the Milwaukee area is becoming more and more common. He said he played basketball for the Tommies a few years back.

Makes sense, the Elmhurst/UW-W thing since the Warhawks, as you know, recruit IL pretty hard.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: K-Mack on November 26, 2012, 08:53:44 PM

Makes sense, the Elmhurst/UW-W thing since the Warhawks, as you know, recruit IL pretty hard.

Oh yea...the local Elmhurst high school (York) seems to be a common recruiting ground for UWW.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 26, 2012, 09:05:38 PM

Oh yea...the local Elmhurst high school (York) seems to be a common recruiting ground for UWW.

Yeah, and it seems like half the UWW posters are 'FIBs'! ;D

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 26, 2012, 09:52:04 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 26, 2012, 09:05:38 PM

Yeah, and it seems like half the UWW posters are 'FIBs'! ;D

It's been stated that 1/3 of UWW student athletes are from Illinois. Whitewater will glady accept Out of State tuition.  ;)

NCF

Saw a Salve Regina sticker on a car at the Speedway in Frankfort, Il.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

K-Mack

RPI basketball player in full sweatsuit in my barbershop in Northern Virginia. Had to start a conversation for that one. Typical D-III experience: "Yeah I play. Not many people around here have even heard of it."

Lol. Sorry kid. Was a brilliant choice for a bright future though.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Gray Fox

I'm used to seeing oval decals on cars that say "26.2" or "13.1." Today I saw one that said "0.0."
"oh my" :P
Fierce When Roused

cave2bens

Carleton ball cap on wife / St Thomas shirt on her spouse at Brookshire Grocery in Wimberley, TX last weekend.
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

retagent

Case Western Reserve decal on the car in front of me coming off the I-94 ramp at Hwy 50 in Kenosha.

Bishopleftiesdad

Hiram Sweatshirt On a Middle aged Gentleman in a local Target in Hilliard Oh.

Desertraider

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on December 16, 2012, 01:37:12 PM
Hiram Sweatshirt On a Middle aged Gentleman in a local Target in Hilliard Oh.

I think he is the current starting QB. Hiram has indicated they need more "mature" leadership ;D.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

SUADC

Pomona tag plate and Bates Sticker near Redskin Stadium in Landover, MD