Now Streaming...

Started by Ommadawn, September 08, 2017, 04:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyWebb

jknezek

Bridgewater at W&L for the ODAC. 0-0 25 minutes in. Bridgeater has been packed back the whole time so far. Think they crossed the half twice with possession.

jknezek

W&L up 3-0 on Bridgewater. 3 goals in the first 20 minutes of the second half well deserved as they continue to dominate the game. The Generals are going to roll into the NCAA playoffs on the back of a 13-0-1 streak.

Ejay

Colby in PKs over Williams.  NESCAC #8 seed (8-6-3) going to the dance.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Opening Weekend Notables

8/30
CMS vs Ogelthorpe (neutral)
Carthage @ Camden
CMU @ Salisbury
Springfield @ SLU
W&L vs William Patterson (neutral)
TCNJ vs Lyco (neutral)
Newark @ Oneonta
Western NE @ Babson
NYU @ Ithaca
UR @ Cortland
Messiah @ Hobart
F&M @ LVC
RPI @ Etown
Plattsburgh @ Dickinson
Roger Williams @ Brandeis
Wash U @ St. Thomas
Gettysburg @ Catholic
Roanoke @ Lynchburg

8/31
Cartage @ Rowan
Springfield vs Clarkson (neutral)
TCNJ vs Gettysburg (neutral)
NYU @ Hobart
Messiah @ Ithaca
Newark @ Cortland
RPI @ Dickinson
Plattsburgh @ Etown
Lyco @ Catholic
Hopkins @ Mary Wash
W&L @ Brandeis
OWU @ Calvin
St. Joe's (Maine) @ Gordon
Whitman @ CNU

9/1
John Carroll @ UR
Chicago @ St.Thomas
CMS @ Emory
Whitworth @ Redlands

Domino1195

So there's this streaming from Fredonia. It's not a men's game. Got it from the Buff State site

https://boxcast.tv/view/blue-devil-classic-661974

Ommadawn

Ommadawn

Rowan is up 1-0 early on North Park in the second match of their weekend in Chicago.  You can check it out at:

https://boxcast.tv/channel/dmfutowrtlmndztdlxrk?path=msoc

As an added bonus, there is excellent commentary by our own Gregory Sager (if I'm not mistaken).

WUPHF

Quote from: Ommadawn on September 15, 2019, 01:22:27 PM
As an added bonus, there is excellent commentary by our own Gregory Sager (if I'm not mistaken).

That is the case.

I turned it on for a few minutes because I appreciate his commitment to getting the player's names right. 

Incidentally, that second Rowan goal was absolutely onsides.

Ommadawn

I think it's safe to say that North Park got "NJACked" today (3-1) by the potent brew of physicality, skill, aggression, and athleticism that Rowan possesses (and the conference in general is known for).  My favorite Sagerisms on the day were "Cardfest 2019" (a reference to the many "golden ducats" given) and "Sandqvist and Ferrara doing the dipsy doo."

Gregory Sager

Yep. Rowan came to play today, and the aggressive pressing of the Garden Staters played havoc with NPU's young backline. The first Profs goal came on a rush in which the scorer was so uncovered that there wasn't a Vikings defender within 15 yards of him. The second goal looked offsides to the NPU defense, and the Vikings defenders gave up on the play rather than playing to the whistle. That failure of Soccer 101 put the Profs up at the half, 2-0, but it should've been 3-0; another North Park defensive lapse led to a shot at an open net, as Matthias Stulen had to come off of his line to bail out his teammates, but the Prof struck the left post with the shot.

Rowan's aggression began to get the better of it in the second half, as the Profs piled up a lot of fouls in their own end and drew five yellow cards in that half alone. Rowan has now amassed 18 yellows and two reds in only six matches, and if that pace continues it could bite them in the butt towards the end of the season. In the short term, though, it gave the Vikings seven or eight set-play opportunities, either via corner or close-in direct free kick. But they were stymied every time. In general, that had a lot to do with GK James Weinberg, who was outstanding today for the Profs, but I really came away most impressed with their senior CB, Kevin Primich, who played an All-American-caliber match by clearing without a fuss everything that came into the middle of the box. The Vikings finally did break through with a Peder Olsen goal in the 83rd minute, but their late push left them exposed to a counter, which the Profs executed with aplomb less than a minute later to extend to the 3-1 final.

NPU is still playing without three starters, but no excuses offered here -- the problem for NPU was the Vikings backline, which is healthy. And Rowan certainly played more than well enough to win. The Profs stuck to a good game plan, made very few mistakes, and took advantage of what was given to them by North Park's defense. They're flying home to Jersey today justly proud of a terrific weekend against Chicago and NPU.

Quote from: Ommadawn on September 15, 2019, 03:03:53 PM
I think it's safe to say that North Park got "NJACked" today (3-1) by the potent brew of physicality, skill, aggression, and athleticism that Rowan possesses (and the conference in general is known for).  My favorite Sagerisms on the day were "Cardfest 2019" (a reference to the many "golden ducats" given) and "Sandqvist and Ferrara doing the dipsy doo."

Thanks, WUPHF and Ommadawn! I was momentarily taken aback by Sandkvist and Ferrara spinning around like that. I've never seen two opposing players lock arms in the heat of battle and dance a complete circle before. It reminded me of those old-timey electric football games in which the plastic players moved around semi-randomly on a vibrating playing surface. Every now and then two would get entangled and just spin around in circles like that.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ejay

Ejay

Captains and Generals draw. Not much happened in OT - lots of long balls resulting in nothing. I don't think the result will hurt either team too much.