MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emufan

donho,

1)  Thanks
2) Due to Austin Twine not playing with an injury, EMU brings the exact same team back next year. 

3) GO EMU!

donho

If I do not get to the game tomorrow I hope the video feed is better than the one tonight. The audio also was  pretty bad.

donho

Guilford was coasting by 20 with 3 minutes left in first half.

David Collinge

When I say that Wooster is better than this, I want you to believe me.   ::)
Even if we'd played to our potential, I don't know how much difference it would have made.
Still a half to go... :-\

donho

In sports chit happens. I believe you. Have been around b-ball for 50 years, so I know how it goes.

royalrooter

WOW!!! I don't care who we play. this is big fun. Reminds me of BC football in 2000. The door mat rises up and gets it done. It must be the year for under dog karma.  Saints, EMU BB and Broadway BB. Whoda thunk it?

Llama,
you are correct Hasanova is a great host.  I haven't seen him yet this evening but he was dead on with the tip about Stameys BBQ.

KUDOs to the ODAC and go gobblers!

Llamaguy

Quote from: royalrooter on March 12, 2010, 10:06:36 PM
WOW!!! I don't care who we play. this is big fun. Reminds me of BC football in 2000. The door mat rises up and gets it done. It must be the year for under dog karma.  Saints, EMU BB and Broadway BB. Whoda thunk it?

Llama,
you are correct Hasanova is a great host.  I haven't seen him yet this evening but he was dead on with the tip about Stameys BBQ.

Was getting updates from afar but glad to hear the good news! Broadway has a shot so we will see what happens tomorrow evening. Guilford vs. EMU rematch, should be great fun. Enjoy it! I'll have an EMU alum named Guengerich with me in Richmond so I'm sure I'll be getting regular updates on the game.  ;)
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

donho

Guilford wins sending 3 teams from the ODAC to the Elite Eight !  Sanborn went for 21 points and 23 rebounds.

2RMCFans

Congrats to EMU and Guilford.   Hail, hail the gang's all here!

R-MC's offense was not pretty and, yes, it was a foul fest... but many of them looked pretty bogus to us.  Fortunately they were getting called both ways by the end of the game.

DeSales brought some game, but the Jackets dominated on defense and had enough offense to bring it home.  Going to have to step it up a notch tomorrow night!

Was an easy 2 hour drive for us and we had a BIG crowd of Jackets fans cheering the guys on.  You said it, royalrooter, it is a LOT of fun.

GO ODAC... I guess you could say the ODAC is for real with almost half of the Elite 8 in play.  

GO JACKETS!!!  

David Collinge

The Scots fought the good fight--in the second half, anyway--but started in too deep a hole.  And of course had no answer for Mr. Sanborn.  So congratulations and best wishes to the Quakers!

fantastic50

Congrats to Guilford on the victory ... good luck the rest of the way!

ScotsFan

I too would like to offer my congrats to the GC.  Woo's Bryan Wickliffe was matched up against his 3rd straight conference POY and Tyler Sanborn delivered the goods tonight!

I'm just glad that the Scots didn't roll over after finding themselves down 20 at the half!  :-\  Ian Franks showed why he was the NCAC POY by almost single handedly bringing Wooster all the way back by dropping 27 on the Quakers in the 2nd half!  :o  Too bad, he couldn't have gotten off to a bit better of a start than being shut out in the 1st half or we may have had a bit different of an outcome.

If it's any consolation, 2 of the last 3 years the team that has knocked Wooster out of the tournament has gone on to win it all!  I'm hoping that Guilford makes it 3 out of 4 as they seem like a very classy team and very deserving to go all the way.  Good luck to Guilford from here on out!  I will be one Scots Fan cheering on the Quakers to go all the way!

Now, if you will excuse me, it's time for me to turn my attention to baseball where the Scots have some unfinished business to take care of this season...  8-)

sludge

Wooster made a great comeback that fell short, thank goodness.  An inspiring effort from that team.  End game execution was excellent for Wooster, but Rhett Bonner & Company were good from the line.

Wickliffe had a strong body all over Sanborn, I don't know what else he could have done.

I'd like to give a special shout out to Guilford's T.C. Anderson,  who made play after play that messed up Wooster plans, but the plays won't appear on the stat line.  Great hustle and mind, TC.

Congrats to EMU for making lemonade out of weird lemons tonight.  Way to hold up for the ODAC. 
Congrats to Randolph-Macon for doing what you know you can do.

Now maybe we can give Eastern Mennonite a more proper welcome tomorrow night than we gave them during the regular season.  I think so.  I am through rooting for those guys now. 

David Collinge

Enjoy fiddling with the D3 Championship BeltTM tonight, sludge, and don't forget to parade it around the Field House tomorrow before the game.  :)

hasanova

Quote from: royalrooter on March 12, 2010, 10:06:36 PM
WOW!!! I don't care who we play. this is big fun. Reminds me of BC football in 2000. The door mat rises up and gets it done. It must be the year for under dog karma.  Saints, EMU BB and Broadway BB. Whoda thunk it?

Llama,
you are correct Hasanova is a great host.  I haven't seen him yet this evening but he was dead on with the tip about Stameys BBQ.

Hey royalrooter - glad you liked Stamey's.  It was a bit of a madhouse tonight as far as the crowd was concerned - kudos to EMU for bringing such a large and enthusiastic crowd - I expect more of the same tomorrow.

The boxscores said 1750 attendance, but that surely must be a SWAG - many more in my opinion.  Perhaps 3500 total with many EMU fans leaving as GC fans were arriving.

I have my tickets - AIS well before 7 pm!  Go Quakers!