BB: SCIAC: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, December 31, 2005, 09:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal OG

Not unexpected but its official that Oxy will not have Varsity Sports this Spring.

dkcg808

SoCal OG

Quote from: dkcg808 on February 16, 2021, 04:43:07 PM
Dang, What about the other schools?

Looks like Chapman, La Verne & Redlands are going to try and play.  Basically, the non LA teams.  However, there are some steps that need to be taken and Id be surprised if they even get to play.  I forgot the exact plan but its something like...3wks of quarantine, 3 wks of small groups, 3wks whole team/big group, 3 weeks of team scrimmages.  If someone gets COVID, they must quarantine for 10-14 days, be symptom free and also pass an EKG.   

MIFDad

Quote from: SoCal OG on February 16, 2021, 05:29:05 PM

Looks like Chapman, La Verne & Redlands are going to try and play.  Basically, the non LA teams.  However, there are some steps that need to be taken and Id be surprised if they even get to play.  I forgot the exact plan but its something like...3wks of quarantine, 3 wks of small groups, 3wks whole team/big group, 3 weeks of team scrimmages.  If someone gets COVID, they must quarantine for 10-14 days, be symptom free and also pass an EKG.

I had not heard this info, so thanks.  But like Oxy, PP, CMC, Whittier & Caltech, La Verne is in Los Angeles county, which is not letting college students on campus yet.  Cal Lu is in Ventura County and I think they have a few students on campus and may even be practicing.  Chapman is in Orange County, which has been more reluctant to impose restrictions. Redlands is in San Bernardino county, which is slightly less impacted than LAC so they may have a shot. Considering their national rankings I will not be surprised if Cal Lu and and Chapman do anything and everything they can to cobble together some kind of season that could qualify them for postseason play.

SoCal OG

Quote from: MIFDad on February 22, 2021, 11:03:02 AM
Quote from: SoCal OG on February 16, 2021, 05:29:05 PM

I had not heard this info, so thanks.  But like Oxy, PP, CMC, Whittier & Caltech, La Verne is in Los Angeles county, which is not letting college students on campus yet.  Cal Lu is in Ventura County and I think they have a few students on campus and may even be practicing.  Chapman is in Orange County, which has been more reluctant to impose restrictions. Redlands is in San Bernardino county, which is slightly less impacted than LAC so they may have a shot. Considering their national rankings I will not be surprised if Cal Lu and and Chapman do anything and everything they can to cobble together some kind of season that could qualify them for postseason play.

You're right, I think I mixed up Cal Lu and La Verne.

Bishopleftiesdad

MIFDad

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on March 04, 2021, 12:17:43 PM
Sciac 2021 schedule:
https://thesciac.org/sports/bsb/2020-21/schedule
Matches up with what Mr. Parkman posted.

For those of us who are parents, fans, or players with the 5 LA County schools, this is truly maddening.

Edit - 6.

SoCal OG

Quote from: MIFDad on March 06, 2021, 05:15:23 PM
Sciac 2021 schedule:

For those of us who are parents, fans, or players with the 5 LA County schools, this is truly maddening.

Edit - 6.

Its really rough watching everyone else play right now. 

MIFDad

Quote from: SoCal OG on March 18, 2021, 02:06:38 PM
Sciac 2021 schedule:

Edit - 6.

Yes, it really is.  At least you have a couple more years to look forward to, if I'm not mistaken.  I thought I had one. My son is a senior and was all set to return and play as a grad student.  But last week he got a job offer that is too good to refuse.  I'm not happy about his baseball career being over. The fact that he'll be making a f-ton of money starting his professional career at a great company makes me feel better, but still.... it sucks.

I'm still hoping they'll find a way to put together a couple of games in April, but that's probably just a delusion on my part.

SoCal OG

Quote from: MIFDad on March 22, 2021, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: SoCal OG on March 18, 2021, 02:06:38 PM
Sciac 2021 schedule:

Edit - 6.

Yes, it really is.  At least you have a couple more years to look forward to, if I'm not mistaken.  I thought I had one. My son is a senior and was all set to return and play as a grad student.  But last week he got a job offer that is too good to refuse.  I'm not happy about his baseball career being over. The fact that he'll be making a f-ton of money starting his professional career at a great company makes me feel better, but still.... it sucks.

I'm still hoping they'll find a way to put together a couple of games in April, but that's probably just a delusion on my part.

Sorry about that, I truly feel for the 20/21 Sr class.  Not the way its supposed to go down.  Luckily my son does have two years left but I can already tell its just not the same.  His attitude has completely changed.  With everything that has happened I think he was forced to see the end of baseball before it really happened.  We'll see how it goes...I'm looking fwd to seeing him on the field again...and savor every second of it.

SoCalSoxFan

Sciac 2021 schedule:

With only 3 teams currently scheduled,

it will be much easier to make it into season ending SCIAC tournament.
Especially if they take the top 4 like they normally do.  ;D ;D 8-)

108 Stitches

Road Trip!....

Time to head to Texas.

SoCalSoxFan

Quote from: 108 Stitches on March 26, 2021, 06:21:06 PM

Road Trip!....

Time to head to Texas.
Agreed, Trinity is already quite busy.  10 games in and SCIAC is still at 0.

March 23, 2021
2021 D3baseball.com/NCBWA Week 5
Through games of Sunday, March 21, 2021:

#   School (1st votes)   Rec   Pts   Prev.
1   Trinity (Texas) (14)   9-1   601   1
2   Washington U. (3)   8-0   557   3
3   Cal Lutheran (5)   0-0   528   2
4   Salisbury   6-1   497   7
5   Webster (1)   8-1   482   8
6   Chapman   0-0   473   4
7   North Central (Ill.)   7-2   450   6
8   Southern Maine   4-0   421   11
9   Babson (1)   0-0   413   5
10   Aurora   9-0   405   13

OxyBob

Quote from: Jack Parkman on March 03, 2021, 02:33:39 PM
Some hope for games....

https://www.clusports.com/sports/bsb/2020-21/schedule

I will try to get out to Redlands-CLU on April 10 to support the SCIAC. Hopefully I'll be able to find a place to sit and watch without being scolded by the maskholes.

OxyBob