FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

Week 4

https://i.imgur.com/kUYAy0G.png

The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, CollegeGolf18, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, NCF,  smedindy, thunderdog, and wally wabash.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

HOPEful

I'm column 5.

Right now, I'm of the opinion that either Hope or Albion will win the MIAA. Although Trine is 3-0, I think (wishfully maybe) that Hope is going to go down to Angola this weekend and take care of business. Barely holding on against Berg bumped BW from on my list to off it. Assuming they cruise by Allegheny, Denison will most like jump back onto my list next week.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Dr. Acula

I'm column 3.  I was wondering if I'd be in the minority leaving JCU at 4 after a less-than-stellar game against Mount.  Seems not.  My guess is barring a complete blow out this weekend it'll be similar for the result of the NCC/WC game this weekend.   

I am looking forward to the Hope/Trine game to give us a little clarity on the MIAA.  We're not going to see anything special in the OAC as all the teams ranked (or considered) should win easily.

Mr. Ypsi

I thought Hope would beat Trine but did not see that double monkey-stomp coming:  Hope 51, Trine 0! :o

Since previously-undefeated Albion also lost (28-32 to Alma), I wonder whether Hope will crack the top ten this week?

Li'l Giant

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 05, 2019, 04:12:58 PM
I thought Hope would beat Trine but did not see that double monkey-stomp coming:  Hope 51, Trine 0! :o

Since previously-undefeated Albion also lost (28-32 to Alma), I wonder whether Hope will crack the top ten this week?

They definitely got my attention yesterday
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

Dr. Acula

I'm pretty sure I just spent the longest time I ever have deciding on the #10 spot. 

wally_wabash

Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 07, 2019, 06:06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I just spent the longest time I ever have deciding on the #10 spot.

I really hope you picked Trine.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dr. Acula

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 07, 2019, 06:25:20 PM

LOL.  I nearly drowned when that ship started taking on water Saturday!  It was a long fall from that #5 spot.     

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 07, 2019, 07:13:54 PM

LOL.  I nearly drowned when that ship started taking on water Saturday!  It was a long fall from that #5 spot.     

Them and top ten hopeful Albion. Man the NACC and the MIAA were a trainwreck on the first week of league play.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

FCGrizzliesGrad

Everything is a bit odd this season. Not counting the two from the NESCAC, there's still 29 unbeaten teams in the country but only 4 of them in the north (Mount Union, Wheaton, Mount St Joseph, Olivet) and we're just now approaching the halfway mark. We had 8 last season at this point. Precisely 1/3 of the region (18 of 54) are sitting at 3-1 or 4-1.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

wally_wabash

Some of that may also be due to the fact that there have been, what seems like to me anyway, a boatload of games against top league contenders early in the season. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HOPEful

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on October 08, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 07, 2019, 07:13:54 PM
Them and top ten hopeful Albion. Man the NACC and the MIAA were a trainwreck on the first week of league play.

I somewhat disagree about the MIAA. I think everyone who's watched Trine this season has seen they're just not nearly as good as they were the last couple seasons. They lost a LOT of talent. They were picked by the MIAA coaches to finish 3rd in the conference. Hope was picked to finish first, and looked the part this week. I don't think anyone expected the man handling that happened in Angola, but I fully expected the Dutchmen to win.

I did not expect Albion to lose to Alma though.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Captainred81

I'm excited to see this weeks fan poll.  I'm sure Wheaton bumps to #2, if not #1.  That was a big win over NCC. 

I agree that the MIAA is a mess, but Hope looked really strong and seem to be the team to beat now. Hope probably gets a good bump this week.

I'm guessing Marietta drops out and the rest of the OAC probably keeps its spot. 

Any W.I.N is a B.F.D

wally_wabash

Impressive win for Wheaton, yes, but #1 in this region is reserved until something truly seismic happens. 

CollegeGolf18

Quote from: Captainred81 on October 08, 2019, 04:46:35 PM
I'm excited to see this weeks fan poll.  I'm sure Wheaton bumps to #2, if not #1.  That was a big win over NCC. 

I agree that the MIAA is a mess, but Hope looked really strong and seem to be the team to beat now. Hope probably gets a good bump this week.

I'm guessing Marietta drops out and the rest of the OAC probably keeps its spot.

You must be new here.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut