FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward de vere

Keep in mind also that D3football.com doesn't have weekly regional and sub-regional articles as in years past.  I don't know if that is because of monetary reasons or something else.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: resqdog on November 15, 2018, 09:51:33 AM
Thanks for all the input.  I think the idea that the stories come from the SID of each school explains some of it, maybe. If Mount chooses not to submit stories I guess that explains their absence.  But UMHB winning 80-7 is not exactly a newsworthy story so the idea that only bigger games get covered is a little conflicted.  The feature stories all have bylines that say its a D3 Football writer so I have to think those stories are not submitted. Oh well, just curious.  Bias or not I would think that Mount would be better covered by the D3 site.  And BTW, it's a nice site.  I enjoy reading about many of the other teams as well as some of the personal stories that are included.

Chief Herrington,

Mount has been covered greatly since the inception of D3Football.com.  I remember the good old days in the late 1990s, connecting to the internet using dial up, trying to find scores from D3 and Mount Union.  I appreciate All that Pat and his Team have done over the last two decades.

Have some patience, as the playoffs evolve, the stories will follow.

Go Mount!
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Toby Taff

Quote from: raiderpa on November 14, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Very sorry to hear of Poorman's injury, whatever it may be. He was a great kid at Mount Union and played lights out for us when he got the chance.  I never heard of him complaining and wished him the best when he left.  I am sorry that he will miss the playoffs.  If we are lucky enough to get a rematch with UMHB, I was looking forward to seeing him.
Luke tore a tendon on the top of his foot, and will be missed. I like watching him when he's in the game.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: resqdog on November 15, 2018, 09:51:33 AM
Thanks for all the input.  I think the idea that the stories come from the SID of each school explains some of it, maybe. If Mount chooses not to submit stories I guess that explains their absence.  But UMHB winning 80-7 is not exactly a newsworthy story so the idea that only bigger games get covered is a little conflicted.  The feature stories all have bylines that say its a D3 Football writer so I have to think those stories are not submitted. Oh well, just curious.  Bias or not I would think that Mount would be better covered by the D3 site.  And BTW, it's a nice site.  I enjoy reading about many of the other teams as well as some of the personal stories that are included. 

Yes, the feature columns are written by staff/contributors. We have a couple of those per week, so it's not something where we get to all 250 in an 11-week regular season. But we also generally feel secure that Mount Union will be playing in December, so as was mentioned earlier, there are plenty of opportunities to cover Mount late in the season.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

resqdog

Thanks Pat...again, love the site. 

Sorry to hear about Luke.  Good kid and I hope he bounces back.

raiderpa

Thanks for the summaries of the brackets and the extras that help us to get to know other squads in the tournament.  These are a wealth of information and the insight  of what to look for from the teams is a superb scouting report.
As for Mount Union, there will never be any complaints about coverage and fairness from this fan.  We get more that our share of print and video coverage.  I would guess that we may be the most televised D3 school ever.
I look forward to the playoffs because I love to see the different teams that come to Alliance, meet their fans, and show them we are not all football snobs who think we are better than they are, we are just lucky enough to root for a great team.  Some forget that.
Good luck to all teams, Saturday.  For all the senior players, good luck and I hope your last game(s) is/are your best ever.

MUC57

Quote from: raiderpa on November 15, 2018, 03:31:41 PM
Thanks for the summaries of the brackets and the extras that help us to get to know other squads in the tournament.  These are a wealth of information and the insight  of what to look for from the teams is a superb scouting report.
As for Mount Union, there will never be any complaints about coverage and fairness from this fan.  We get more that our share of print and video coverage.  I would guess that we may be the most televised D3 school ever.
I look forward to the playoffs because I love to see the different teams that come to Alliance, meet their fans, and show them we are not all football snobs who think we are better than they are, we are just lucky enough to root for a great team.  Some forget that.
Good luck to all teams, Saturday.  For all the senior players, good luck and I hope your last game(s) is/are your best ever.

Couldn't have said it better! I always make it a point to seek out fans of the team we're playing. All have been really great. I'm sure I have been a good spokesman for my alma mater. Have swapped team items with many of them.
D3football.com has always done a superb job covering, not only Mount Union, but all of Dlll. This board allows us to communicate, argue, have fun and do silly stuff with people all ever the U.S. Even guys like OzJohnnie, who lives in Melbourne, Australia, can chat with us. I hope everyone realizes how lucky we are to have this site along with Pat Coleman and his team.
So there! That's all! And thanks to raiderpa for his comments. As I say in my signature, Go Everybody!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

jamtod

Quote from: MUC57 on November 15, 2018, 03:51:55 PM
Couldn't have said it better! I always make it a point to seek out fans of the team we're playing. All have been really great. I'm sure I have been a good spokesman for my alma mater. Have swapped team items with many of them.
D3football.com has always done a superb job covering, not only Mount Union, but all of Dlll. This board allows us to communicate, argue, have fun and do silly stuff with people all ever the U.S. Even guys like OzJohnnie, who lives in Melbourne, Australia, can chat with us. I hope everyone realizes how lucky we are to have this site along with Pat Coleman and his team.
So there! That's all! And thanks to raiderpa for his comments. As I say in my signature, Go Everybody!

Are you sure we should be painting this as a positive MUC?

Raider 68

Quote from: raiderpa on November 15, 2018, 03:31:41 PM

Well said! +k :)
13 time Division III National Champions

MUC57

Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 15, 2018, 04:11:17 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on November 15, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

Are you sure we should be painting this as a positive MUC?

Hadn't thought about that. I forget you Tommies and Johnnies are a little sensitive. So maybe it's not a positive but it's also not a negative. Kinda more of a neutral. How's that for being wishy-washy?
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

bluenote

I'd love to see a SJU vs Mount... that would be so cool... the only other thing that would be cooler is Mount vs Linfield at the CATDOME!  :o

Pat Coleman

Obvious homerism aside, one thing that Division III has sorely lacked over the past 20 years is any game between Mount Union and the NWC champ.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

joelmama

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 16, 2018, 01:36:33 AM
Obvious homerism aside, one thing that Division III has sorely lacked over the past 20 years is any game between Mount Union and the NWC champ.
I think that would be awesome too.  Playing teams from all over in the tournament is a real good experience for the players, fans and schools IMO.

HScoach

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 16, 2018, 01:36:33 AM

I would love to see that happen this year.  I'd really like our chances for #14 if it did........
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.