FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: HCAlum86 on September 25, 2017, 05:42:19 PM
I think JCU/UMU may be the only game I know of with an urban alumni base large enough to pull it off. But i highly doubt either team would give up a home game to play at First Energy.

Nonetheless, on a side note. I will be attending the Williams Amherst game this year and hopefully the Monon Bell game in 2018.

Mount/JCU is a big game by OAC standards, but I'm not sure even a neutral site game in Akron threatens the attendance of a Bell game.  There are rivalry games and then there are Monon Bell games. 

smedindy

Quote from: sigma one on September 25, 2017, 11:03:10 PM
Only if DPU wants to give up a home game.  I detest going to Greencastle.

I didn't even like going there when I covered high school sports for the local C'ville papers. I had the pleasure of doing the last "real" sectional at Greencastle, and that was three drives there. Ye Gods. That included a North Vermillion team that tried to play 'stall ball' and failed, and a Rockville stat keeper who tried to convince me that if a shot was blocked, it didn't count as a FG attempt.

BashDad

The twin and I have long dreamed of a bell game played on acres of Indiana farm land half way between the schools, standing room only.

HCAlum86

Quote from: BashDad on September 26, 2017, 07:20:08 AM
The twin and I have long dreamed of a bell game played on acres of Indiana farm land half way between the schools, standing room only.

If you build it, they will come
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

Li'l Giant

Wow....
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

cave2bens

Would that be known as the Roachdale Bowl or Russell's Ville Venue?   ;)
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

Little Giant 89

There appears to be an "athletic facility" across from the Ladoga Elementary School.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Little Giant 89 on September 27, 2017, 11:16:41 AM
There appears to be an "athletic facility" across from the Ladoga Elementary School.

I think that's the DPU-designated tailgate zone for Wabash fans when Monon Bell games are at Blackstock. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

DPU3619

Not sure you intended to describe North Putnam High School to a T, but that's what you've done.  ;D ;D ;D

smedindy

Quote from: Old Pal Wes on September 28, 2017, 03:28:45 AM

Not sure you intended to describe North Putnam High School to a T, but that's what you've done.  ;D ;D ;D

That there's a scary place fer outsiders....

wabashcpa

AD at North Put is a Wabash grad, Roger Busch, probably not so scary anymore.

smedindy

Quote from: wabashcpa on September 28, 2017, 04:14:01 PM
AD at North Put is a Wabash grad, Roger Busch, probably not so scary anymore.

He told me the places where we city boys should avoid...

HCAlum86

Well, I know a lot of you wanted to see how Allegheny was going to play out this season, I think this matchup is the indicator.

The Terriers have shown that they're no longer the conference doormat and Allegheny has improved vastly from last year.

Question is, can Allegheny slow down Hiram's offense (435 YPG, 129 RushPG, 305 PassPG)? If Allegheny's defense is up to the challenge and able to contain Tucker's arm and Robison's legs, they might be in business; but that is no small task. A shootout certainly favors the Terriers here.

The Gators have been down on their luck a little bit, losing in tough - but competitive matches to Wooster and OWU - and just getting handled by Denison. They still put up an average of 30PPG and rush the ball very well. I'm looking forward to this one.
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: HCAlum86 on September 28, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
Well, I know a lot of you wanted to see how Allegheny was going to play out this season, I think this matchup is the indicator.

The Terriers have shown that they're no longer the conference doormat and Allegheny has improved vastly from last year.

Question is, can Allegheny slow down Hiram's offense (435 YPG, 129 RushPG, 305 PassPG)? If Allegheny's defense is up to the challenge and able to contain Tucker's arm and Robison's legs, they might be in business; but that is no small task. A shootout certainly favors the Terriers here.

The Gators have been down on their luck a little bit, losing in tough - but competitive matches to Wooster and OWU - and just getting handled by Denison. They still put up an average of 30PPG and rush the ball very well. I'm looking forward to this one.

Agreed.  Really fascinating matchup.  Allegheny's 1-3 belies just how much better that team is than the last few years.  They're scoring points.  Last year they scored 21+ points five times; this year they've gone 21+ in all four games so far (even the blowout loss to Denison, they were kinda trading-scores for 45 minutes).  On the flip side, it's kind of a crossroads game for Hiram; over the last four years Hiram has done better than they did for the last decade, and this year they've got a W over a team they should beat and two competitive losses against good teams.  If they're going to take a step beyond "Hey, Hiram doesn't suck any more, now they're just kinda 3-7ish" this is the game they ought to win.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

83 Little Giant

Quote from: BashBacker#16 on September 25, 2017, 09:54:38 PM

Was that serious about the ticket booth?

Serious as a heart attack.  You can get tix on your phone, print at home, or pay at the tent.  Every week they work out more of the kinks.