JHU

Started by hubert, September 07, 2012, 10:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2xfaux

Perhaps JHUFAN and hubert are heavily medicated now but I am sure they will return.

Hopkins should find a way to beat Lancaster Bible but the Rowan-Va. Wes winner might be a problem.  I think Va. Wes. moves on.

Ocean 1

Agree...it's hard to argue with VA Wes at 18-1-1.

JHUFAN

Hey A--hole ! I just spent eleven days in New Jersey helping relatives save what they could from homes that were destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, I come on this site to read a smug, ignorant comment about "perhaps JHUFAN and hubert are heavily medicated now but I am sure they will return" Where the ---- do you get off making this kind of statement! My life is much more evolved then making comments on a soccer or any other type forum. Until I returned home this evening I had no idea what was going on with Hopkins soccer nor was it on my top 100 list of things to be concerned about, nor is it at this point.
Please do not include my name in any of your future postings.

Mr. Matson...If I violated any TOS and you wish to ban me from this site I understand but this guy is an A------...plain and simple.

jellybelly

Whoa!  It sounds like someone is feeling a little stressed out because of unfortunate circumstances related to Sandy.  It must be a mess around there.

I do not know 2xfaux but I have read his comments over the last several years and have to believe that there was no ill intent in his comment.

Should be a good soccer weekend.  Enjoy!

2xfaux

It has never been my intention to offend anyone but I obviously have.  So let me sincerely apologize to JHUFAN and everyone else for creating a problem here.  I will give myself a red card and go away.  Good luck to everyone in the tournament.

Ocean 1

2xfaux:

I thought the statement was made with clean fun in mind. You've been a class act and couldn't have know of sensitivites. Glad to have you keep posting.

JHU...sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Jump4Joy

JHUFAN, sorry to hear of your family's woes. Must have been awful to see them in such dire straits. Good luck to them.

2xfaux, you could not have known.

hubert

JHUFAN, as one JHU fan to another, you're out of line.  You are not the only person affected by Sandy on this board.  To use it as some sort of excuse to spew an expletive laced rant about an off the cuff remark is self serving.  And don't talk about being more "evolved" than the rest of us when you have 31 posts on this board!!!  Your case is weak on that point.

2xfaux has historically been more supportive of JHU soccer than most people associated with the program (such as myself).  Very seldom critical of JHU.  The humorous remark was meant as a tonic for those of us who are too wrapped up in the results and records. 

As to the "GAMES", its time to see the "top players" show up in the big games.  Hat tricks against weak teams...big deal!!  Show me something against good defensive teams.  Whats the deal with #17 and #4?  Why are they benched?  Are they hurt?

Jim Matson

No one is off any Board. You guys are all solid folks, including 2xfaux. Stuff happens, and we all have to deal with it. Sometimes the emotions get in the way, or sometimes they ARE the way.

Impressive win tonight for Hopkins. They seem to be coming alive as the season matures.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

hubert

Well here we are at the start of the 2013 season.  I have not chatted with anyone on the team this year yet, but I can promise the following based on many years of playing for this coach.  No matter how poorly or out of shape certain returning players are, they will start.  No matter how well or in shape certain returning players are, they will not start.  One or two freshman will be given starting nods even though they are undeserving because the coaches always seem to be enamored with freshman. 

JHU will be at or near the top of the centennial when all is said and done.  Once in the NCAA's they will bow out as they always have due to the things mentioned above and the fact that the coaches superstars aren't so super when they play good teams. 

Jump4Joy

JHUFan and Hubert, all quiet on the JHU front? At 9-0 do they deserve to be on top?

hubert

Thus far JHU has beaten everyone in front of them, so yeah they deserve it as much as the next I guess.  Having said that I don't think it's smooth sailing either.  Stevenson brought them to OT and both Allegheny and Carnegie could have beaten them but for a bounce here and a PK there.  I did not view the Messiah game so not sure there.  The coach has gone to a deep bench early and often (with the exception of Kronick who gets 90 minutes) and so far its worked out. 

JHU has devastating speed up top with the starting forwards and wings yet they stupidly forfeit that advantage with painfully slow, congested build-ups and no looks for through balls or some pops over the top.  If they ever figure this out their attacks would be lethal. 

Never a fan of this staff's limits tactically with respect to talent as documented here.