FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Those coming to the open practice be sure to bring 16 bucs if you want one of the championship hats! ... you better believe I'm wearing mine as we type! (proof)

While on the topic of hats, the BC bookstore just got a new football one in ... it's pretty sweet, I of course was one of the first to get one  ;D (picture of it here)
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

EHCTailgate

I have a strong feeling that their are going to be a lot of surprises in the ODAC this  Year. What is extremely weird is that I think Guilford might be the one to surprise a few folks. The level of competition across the ODAC has definitly increased. All teams need to look out. Many Tailgate fields are going to empty quickly after home games.

EHCTailgate

We tried to fit all the chamionship years on our hats but the wouldn't fit.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Bridgewater's famed "Stone Station" hangs around for hours even after a loss (of course we haven't had a regular season home one in 23-straight games) ... McDaniel certainly won't make it easy to extend it to 24  :-\

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Shoot EHCTailgate ... we are already halfway to the Wasp total and still have plenty of space on the hat to fill up  :D

EHCTailgate

Streaks end drastically, believe me, I know. W and J ended our home game winning streak Longest in the nation at the time. Catholic ended our Conference winning streak. So, I've learned to not play any heed to them. 

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Sure, naturally ... not by fans talking about them.  And like mentioned, our home streak (23) will be tough to continue with the Terror coming to town.  Then of course our ODAC one (29) will surely be tested versus Sydney.

Shoot, what's the fun of having streaks if you don't enjoy them while they last!  Nothing wrong with ending one either.  After one ends, a new one can begin.

EHCTailgate

Streaks are good in that way, except when streak go the other way like the one BC carried on its shoulders for so many years. Whats this about Sydney, I can sum them up in four words, No Girls, No Fun. You have got to have the opposite sex to tailgate with. 

Llamaguy

Quote from: EHCTailgate on August 17, 2005, 08:01:00 PM
Streaks are good in that way, except when streak go the other way like the one BC carried on its shoulders for so many years. Whats this about Sydney, I can sum them up in four words, No Girls, No Fun. You have got to have the opposite sex to tailgate with. 

Cheers to that EHCTailgate. And ABRNGR can update you on the girls at BC! ;)

OK guys I've decided to turn over a new leaf, I'm gonna take a year off from tailgating, poker, beer, and curve watching! ::)

NOT,NOT,NOT!

2 1/2 days til the first Football Saturday at BC. Not like I'm counting or anything!

And Kid, nice pad you got there,LOL.
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

skoaltrain

EHCTailgate:  I like your style.  Miz: Tailgating is a "football" topic.  And that is what I know best.  I now might have to make the EH/BC game if EHCTailgate will be there.  I'd like to meet him and get some tailgating pointers.  Or I might be able to provide some for him.  I'm in Lynchburg so not that bad of a drive.

Llama: You scared me on that post.  I thought you were serious before I continued to read on.  I'm down!!!

SkoalTrain has changed the oil and packed it full of coal!  Chug, Chug!  I mean, Choo, Choo.....Either way it's going to be a great year for BC football and better yet, BC Tailgating!!!!

Swish3

Well, since BC dropped CNU, at least they have a shot at going undefeated. ;D

GO CAPTAINS!

mizzou_mafia

Quote from: swish3 on August 18, 2005, 12:53:35 PM
Well, since BC dropped CNU, at least they have a shot at going undefeated. ;D

So True Swish!  Now if only CNU could drop Shenandoah, then they might be in the same boat! ;)

Outsider14

ZING!

pat, how are is d3sports.com going to handle this site when there are 52 pages in the topic (i.e., ODAC)? when you click on it are you still going to have to start at page one and then click the link to the last page? will all posts be stored on here for an indefinite time period? or will it be similar to the old site where old posts get deleted after so many have been posted on a topic? just curious
"99% ain't good enough"

EHCTailgate

I want to know where did CNU come from, are they getting all the tidewater rejects that could not get into a real state school.  It looks a little fishy to have a less than 10 year old program to be so good.  Moreover, why is the ODAC pussyfuttin around and letting a crap conference formely known as the Dixie become what it is now.  It is time for the ODAC to drop all the non football playing schools. 

Matt Barnhart (kid)

EHCTailgate -

Umm, probably because the USAC has some quality institutions that put pride in their athletic programs and hire coaches that do a heck of a job recruiting.

The ODAC went 2-8 against the USAC last year, and CNU had only one of those eight wins.  EHC had two of those losses (Ferrum and Methodist).

The "rejects" you speak of are some of the same kids E&H and other ODAC schools go after.  CNU just offers more for them, not to mention being closer to home.

Oh, and you could have made your post even more "poweful" by saying "It looks a little fishy to have a less than 5 year old program to be so good."

You should be giving CNU, Shenanoah, and now N.C. Wesleyan, credit for what they've done in five years or less.