FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Up 72 and under 2 minutes to go is probably a good time to take a knee and shake hands.  Sportsmanship questions aside, when a game is decided, why run five more plays and gamble with the S-A's health? 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

RLW

Etchglow

Aww heck, I got my first negative karma.  Only took a year.  Had some actual responses typed up, but I guess I'll just agree that UMHB bad...

jamtod

Quote from: Etchglow on October 08, 2019, 05:18:45 PM
Aww heck, I got my first negative karma.  Only took a year.  Had some actual responses typed up, but I guess I'll just agree that UMHB bad...

They get easier to take after a while.  ;) Gave you another -k just to help train you to be tough.

Any day my karma is positive, just like any day I remain on this side of the ground, is a pretty good one.

Etchglow

Quote from: jamtod on October 08, 2019, 05:21:47 PM

They get easier to take after a while.  ;) Gave you another -k just to help train you to be tough.

Any day my karma is positive, just like any day I remain on this side of the ground, is a pretty good one.

Now I'm going to have to find the positive karma button just to spite you ;p

jamtod

Quote from: Etchglow on October 08, 2019, 05:39:46 PM

You will get access once you get up to 200 comments (if Pat doesn't boot you out of here before you get that, but you have to be really obnoxious for that) I think.
And I'll switch my -k to +k since you were a good sport. Welcome to the boards.

Etchglow

Quote from: jamtod on October 08, 2019, 05:49:49 PM
Quote from: Etchglow on October 08, 2019, 05:39:46 PM

You will get access once you get up to 200 comments (if Pat doesn't boot you out of here before you get that, but you have to be really obnoxious for that) I think.
And I'll switch my -k to +k since you were a good sport. Welcome to the boards.

Haha no need for the switch, I'm just here to talk football and spend an inordinate amount of time digging through game logs and stats. I also have a dream that one day I can convince them to use some of my amateur photos for the articles lol...

Might as well plug my favorite photo from last year that just popped up on Facebook memories lol...

https://flic.kr/p/2bs65e5

umhb2001

Quote from: RLW on October 08, 2019, 03:24:23 PM
Total offense
UMHB 566
McMurry 54
Could have run in 5th string defense and see how they perform.

You can only travel so many players. At home, yes, 4th and 5th string probably get some run, but not at an away game.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

umhb2001

UMHB has always played till the end of the game. This is nothing different.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Ron Boerger

Quote from: CruGuy on October 07, 2019, 03:27:22 PM
Can anybody explain what has happened to Southwestern? Maybe someone mentioned it, but I haven't seen it covered here. Did they lose their top 3 QB's to injury in the first 13 quarters of the season?

From the SW game summary this appears to be exactly what has happened.  The #3 QB (at season's open) started and was injured. 

Toby Taff

Quote from: umhb2001 on October 08, 2019, 06:47:19 PM
Quote from: RLW on October 08, 2019, 03:24:23 PM
Total offense
UMHB 566
McMurry 54
Could have run in 5th string defense and see how they perform.

You can only travel so many players. At home, yes, 4th and 5th string probably get some run, but not at an away game.
On the coaches show last night Coach Fred lamented the last TD. He said it was an option play and the QB made the right read to keep the ball. everything that follows depends on the defense and the defense made it a pass. The DB let the receiver go and the result was a touchdown. It wasn't a called pass play. they were just running the offense with QB #4 and that was the result.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

UMHB03

Nothing to lament. It's football. If the McMurry defense couldn't stop the 3rd and 4th stringers, that's not on us.
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions

RLW

I got it now. Taking a knee was clearly not a option. Let's move on.

jamtod

Quote from: RLW on October 09, 2019, 02:21:23 PM
I got it now. Taking a knee was clearly not a option. Let's move on.

I understand the argument but when the entirety of your posts are complaining about perceived "running up the score" where you complain about the opposing team and then say "Let's move on," I guess I don't have a ton of sympathy.

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018