FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bman

ps Former WU...

Nice to have you back...

bossman05

FormerWU

Tough to say wu has best facilities, have u seen susq, leb val, plus with the addition of albrights new field

gordonmann

I haven't seen all the fields yet, but Susquehanna's palace is tough to beat.

It's comparable to some of the best Division III facilities around (Cortland, Mount Union, TCNJ).

Tim Flynn

Susquehanna gets my vote. Awesome surface (I think it's FieldTurf) and the fieldhouse is a nice backdrop.

I'm biased to LVC, of course. I've been told the field surface plays perfectly since they regraded it and put new sod in last summer. With the openness and beauty of the northside athletic facilities, and the hills and silos in the distance, it's a nice way to spend an afternoon.

I'm very interested to see how Albright and Widener turn out. But still, considering the neighborhood, I don't know how I'd feel about going to night games in Chester.  And Reading, well... :o

How's Del Val's field looking after the shredding during the Juniata game last year? Did they have to resod it?

MOJO

As I mentioned in other posts, LVC will definitely surprise some folks.  Short of DV, I predict they will be competitive with anybody in the MAC.  Their defense is vastly improved, the offensive line has matured, and they got several good frosh that will impact the program.  Someone mentioned early on that there is alot of paridy in the MAC, I could not agree more.  Although I could not attend         inson scrimmage, I heard from reliable sources that LVC clearly dominated.  Go Dutchmen!

Billman56

Ubrmesap..Readytorock...Tim Flynn

G.A. didnt show too much flash in Saturdays scrimmage against Ursinus. I think he wanted to keep a low profile before Moravian and see how the team did against another competitor.

As for their kicker, he has put in a lot of offseason time and effort in getting back to his 2003 form...hoping he has a good year.

As for the DVC field...it has made a comback from the hurricane game but do not know it it was resodded or not. Looks to be in fairly good shape but still could use a lot of TLC

formerwu

I remember way back in the 80's when we played at LVC's field.  The field was like the bunny hill at Camelback.  I think that was where the phrase "Running down hill" was coined.
A flute with no holes, is not a flute.  A donut with no holes, is a danish.

Knightstalker

Lycoming has a promising freshman qb if he continues to grow into his potential like he did in HS.  Scott Kish from P-Burg NJ, I saw him play against Warren Hills the last couple of years and he was good.  Lyco has a good linebacker if he is playing from the same school Ryan Kopesky.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

splik

Quote from: formerwu on August 31, 2005, 09:19:22 AM
I remember way back in the 80's when we played at LVC's field. The field was like the bunny hill at Camelback. I think that was where the phrase "Running down hill" was coined.

Talking about crappy fields, at Albright a few years ago I got the luxury of playing on painted dirt.  LVC has a real nice field, is there still the ten minute walk over the bridge to get from the visitors locker rooms to the field?  I was tired before we even ran a play that day.  Susquehanna's field is beautiful, field turf definitely seems to be the way to go.  I was always partial to Wilkes and Wideners, I like the kind of nestled feel you get from the being in the valley at Wilkes and the trees at Widener.  Of course if I'm wrong about their locations, I havent been to either in a while and I might be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from all of the cannons going off the last time I played at Widener!

bman

Splik

We only shoot the cannon when we score... ;D

PBR...

i can feel it in me bones...corn is starting to turn brown and harvest time is on the horizone...days are getting shorter and cooler.....it must be football time!!!! I am ready for dvc to put a whoopin' in moravian this weekend and make a statement!!!

splik

bman
I knew that.  you just happened to score quite a few times that game hence the PTSD. 

on another note, is john port a 4 year starter?  it seems like people have been talking about him for quite a while.   

Tim Flynn

formerwu:

Yeah, the camel hump was flattened out last year and now the field is, more or less, flatter.

splik:

No, the locker rooms are now all on the northside in the fieldhouse. It's been that way for a few years now. It used to be that the visiting team's lockers were over in Lynch Hall, where the gym was, and they would have to walk through the quad and over the railroad track bridge. I remember it was sort of bizarre seeing an entire football team walking over in a big line as we'd be walking to lunch around noon before the game. I suppose at any other school, that would be considered intimidating for visiting teams. But since more LVC students probably attend Penn State games than LVC games on a given weekend, I guess it was more like a leisurely stroll.  ::)

gordonmann

Splik:

Yep, John's a four-year starter.  He had an extra year of eligibility because of health issues as a college freshman.

On a side note I had a chance to talk to him a little at MAC Media Day.  From the short chat, he seems like a good guy with a good perspective on his future.

Warren Thompson

Tim:

Correct on all counts. Visiting teams no longer have to trek over the bridge over the railroad tracks. LVC has entered the 21st-C.