BB: Regionals (South) 2012 CNU

Started by rolln2, December 16, 2011, 08:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose_13

Question becomes, will Coach Harvell and Coach Anderson continue the series. I sure hope they do. It would definitely make for some great regional action.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Goose_13 on May 21, 2012, 08:38:31 PM
Question becomes, will Coach Harvell and Coach Anderson continue the series. I sure hope they do. It would definitely make for some great regional action.
Yes, because they both need games against regionally ranked opponents.

I am expecting Shenandoah to be at the top of the ODAC in baseball.

Goose_13

[/quote]

I am expecting Shenandoah to be at the top of the ODAC in baseball.
[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head Mr. Turner. I don't see Shenandoah having too many concerns in that ODAC. They will definitely be up there with Lynchburg and Bridgewater and even Randolph-Macon. Lynchburg's pitching coach played for me for a couple years in legion ball and had a great career at Division I Marist. So I have a slight allegiance to the "other" Hornets.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Goose_13 on May 22, 2012, 05:52:04 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head Mr. Turner. I don't see Shenandoah having too many concerns in that ODAC. They will definitely be up there with Lynchburg and Bridgewater and even Randolph-Macon. Lynchburg's pitching coach played for me for a couple years in legion ball and had a great career at Division I Marist. So I have a slight allegiance to the "other" Hornets.
I see Shenandoah raising the bar in the ODAC.

As far as I can see with the shuffling in the South Region, I think that the Capital gets even stronger with CNU moving to the CAC.

The USA South stays strong because losing CNU and Shenandoah makes room for Piedmont, La Grange and Huntingdon to come on board.  Those are strong baseball programs. (This geographical shift was almost inevitable when Chowan left nearly a decade. When the GSAC-Men could not move to full AQ status, the merger was the next solution.)

The Southern Athletic Association gets to establish its own identity.  BSC has made an impact in its first season. Millsaps and Hendrix have been strong programs. 

I will want to see team by team which conference is stronger, the SAA or the ODAC.