WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: lmitzel on June 03, 2019, 10:45:56 AM
So far I've only been able to find one (well, technically two) recruitment announcement(s) for North Central, and this one is a few weeks old.

https://twitter.com/PHSKnightsGBB/status/1126217511635124224

• Jessica Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
  • Stephanie Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)

Yeah, twins, but with two different games from what I've been able to gather. Stephanie is a righty drive-and-dish type, while Jessica is a lefty and more of an outside shooter.

I look forward to mixing them up at least once this season. :P

Lucas,

I spoke with Maggie, and to avoid any possible confusion on your part, she promised to issue the young ladies different jersey numbers!  ;D

lmitzel

Quote from: AndOne on June 04, 2019, 03:51:33 PM
Quote from: lmitzel on June 03, 2019, 10:45:56 AM
So far I've only been able to find one (well, technically two) recruitment announcement(s) for North Central, and this one is a few weeks old.

https://twitter.com/PHSKnightsGBB/status/1126217511635124224

• Jessica Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
  • Stephanie Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)

Yeah, twins, but with two different games from what I've been able to gather. Stephanie is a righty drive-and-dish type, while Jessica is a lefty and more of an outside shooter.

I look forward to mixing them up at least once this season. :P

Lucas,

I spoke with Maggie, and to avoid any possible confusion on your part, she promised to issue the young ladies different jersey numbers!  ;D

Yeah, that'll work until they pull that seventh grade stunt and swap jerseys just to screw with me. :D
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on June 04, 2019, 03:47:27 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 18, 2019, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 14, 2019, 08:17:01 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 07, 2019, 02:27:22 PM
Esther Miller, a 5'8 forward from downstate Sullivan, has inked a celebratory signing form to play for North Park.

https://jg-tc.com/sports/eight-seniors-highlight-jg-tc-s-th-all-area-girls/article_4fc169c3-8dbb-5d5b-8579-92f5513123f9.html

NPU has announced three more players that intend to be Vikings next season. Two will be frosh:

Kaija Davis, 5'7, Lakeland, FL (Victory Christian)
Kendra Jackson, 5'7, Byron, IL (H.S.)

... and the third is a juco transfer, 5'10 rising junior Elizabeth Stengel from Oakton. Originally from Willows Academy in Des Plaines, she spent her freshman season playing JV for Hope. She then transferred back home to Oakton, and averaged 14 ppg and a whopping 14.9 rpg for the Owls. She was second in the entire nation in rebounding, and was named to the NJCAA All-Region first team for Region 4. The Vikings could certainly use another rebounder to complement Josie Summerville and Jayla Johnson, and it looks as though they might've found one.

Esther Miller finished tenth in the state in the 400 meter dash at the IHSA championship meet yesterday. Sounds like the incoming frosh forward for the Vikings has some wheels.

Hopefully her mind will keep up with her flying feet 🏃🏻‍♀️, and she'll remember to dribble as she drives to the basket!  :D

She was on the IHSA 2A All-State team for basketball, so I'm guessing that this is not a problem for her. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Roundball999

Just read that 6'2" Ellie Cassel of Southern Lehigh in eastern PA will attend Wheaton.  Multi sport standout, 1000 point scorer who teamed with a PA 5A state POY and Georgetown recruit as 4-year starters to win 4 consecutive league and district championships.

Not too many players from that area playing D3 hoops in the central region.  As a Hope fan though I recall this was the same school that a few years back produced Hope 6'1" guard and defensive standout Hannah Doell.

Gregory Sager

Emily Czuhajewski, a 5'6 sophomore guard from Taft via Roosevelt University, is transferring to NPU. Last season as a freshman she got into 22 games and played about 8 mpg for the Lakers, averaging about three points per game.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

Wait a minute, those of us who remember how to pronounce Przybyslawski now have to learn Czuhajewski?
Hopefully Emily will be as good as Nikki.
I see that Roosevelt needs a new coach. Also in that Chicago area NAIA league, St Xavier WBB will now be coached by long time Whitney Young coach Corry Irvin (449-77 at that h.s.).

Gregory Sager

Quote from: RogK on June 13, 2019, 12:15:35 PM
Wait a minute, those of us who remember how to pronounce Przybyslawski now have to learn Czuhajewski?

I'd like to think that pronouncing Nikki's surname on the air for three years will give me a leg up -- or, as they say in Poland, daj mi przewagę -- on learning how to pronounce Emily's.

Quote from: RogK on June 13, 2019, 12:15:35 PMHopefully Emily will be as good as Nikki.

Yep.

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 13, 2019, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: RogK on June 13, 2019, 12:15:35 PM

I'd like to think that pronouncing Nikki's surname on the air for three years will give me a leg up -- or, as they say in Poland, daj mi przewagę -- on learning how to pronounce Emily's.

Yeah... I'ma have to brush up on my Polish. Or watch a couple North Park games before they come to Naperville so I don't sound like an idiot.

Or my usual fallback option... slide into Greg's PM's a couple days before they come to Naperville. :)
#THREEEEEEEEE

ronk

Quote from: Roundball999 on June 12, 2019, 07:51:28 PM
Just read that 6'2" Ellie Cassel of Southern Lehigh in eastern PA will attend Wheaton.  Multi sport standout, 1000 point scorer who teamed with a PA 5A state POY and Georgetown recruit as 4-year starters to win 4 consecutive league and district championships.

Not too many players from that area playing D3 hoops in the central region.  As a Hope fan though I recall this was the same school that a few years back produced Hope 6'1" guard and defensive standout Hannah Doell.

I'm familiar with the school but have missed seeing Cassell play, in particular. Is she a 2019 grad?

Roundball999

Quote from: ronk on June 15, 2019, 02:49:18 PM
Quote from: Roundball999 on June 12, 2019, 07:51:28 PM

I'm familiar with the school but have missed seeing Cassell play, in particular. Is she a 2019 grad?

Yes 2019 grad.  Didn't hear much about her, apparently she was a little overshadowed by teammate Olivia Snyder, the state 5A player of the year, 2000 pt scorer and Georgetown bound, one of the best to come out of that area in years.  I read that Cassel won the award for the region's top scholar/athlete, sounds like very accomplished young woman heading to the Thunder.

ronk

Yes, I'd seen Olivia Snyder a few years ago but dropped interest later when it became evident she'd be choosing D1.

lmitzel

The NCC women's schedule for 2019-20 is up.

After only playing 9 home games last year, the Cardinals get a dozen dates at Merner, with non-conference tilts against Dubuque (11/16 for the home opener), UWSP (11/23... happy 30th birthday to me), Benedictine (11/26), and Chicago (12/18). The Cardinals open the regular season on November 9th at Knox to complete the home-and-home started last year. Their long trip is a California swing before New Years to take on Caltech and Whittier.

That season-ending road "trip" of @ Carroll, @ IWU, and @ Wheaton though... yeesh.
#THREEEEEEEEE

GoPerry

Four incoming Freshman for the Thunder Ladies:

Ellie Cassell:  6'1"F,  Coopersburg, PA/Southern Lehigh HS
Zoe Nordling: 5'9" G, San Diego, CA/Christian Unified HS
Amelia Sniffin: 6'3" F , Carlisle, PA/The Hill School
Annie Tate:  5'9" F, Elburn, IL/St Chas North

https://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2019/7/2/the-thunder-womens-basketball-program-announces-its-newcomers-for-the-2019-20-season.aspx

ronk

Quote from: GoPerry on July 02, 2019, 08:38:57 PM
Four incoming Freshman for the Thunder Ladies:

Ellie Cassell:  6'1"F,  Coopersburg, PA/Southern Lehigh HS
Zoe Nordling: 5'9" G, San Diego, CA/Christian Unified HS
Amelia Sniffin: 6'3" F , Carlisle, PA/The Hill School
Annie Tate:  5'9" F, Elburn, IL/St Chas North

https://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2019/7/2/the-thunder-womens-basketball-program-announces-its-newcomers-for-the-2019-20-season.aspx

I've seen Amelia play last summer; she has potential.