BB: NWC: Northwest Conference

Started by Tezbaseball, December 30, 2005, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dixon

Quote from: (509)Rat on April 02, 2019, 11:05:36 AM
Linfield is 2-16 in conference. What happened in mcminville?

Could be a new coach still getting his legs.  The NWC has definitely raised the bar where the conference race is not a 2-3 team race but one where a couple good teams will be left outside the conference tournament.

(509)Rat

Whitworth and Linfield appear to be the biggest surprises of the season. Whitworth has been a good surprise whereas Linfield...not so much. Fox is up at the top as expected, but Whitworth still has to be the favorite to finish the conference schedule in 1st with series against L&C and Linfield to close out. The tourney is the tourney and who knows what will happen there.

(509)Rat

Whitworth has wrapped up the regular season NWC title. It's a feel good accomplishment, since they're still gonna have to win the tourney to make the post-season

D O.C.

Good for Whitworth.
Not so good for the team with 3 national titles.

(509)Rat

Jim Dixon

nine schools will have new head coaches next year, four n the west. Belhaven and UMHB have hired with Linfield and George Fox still looking.

High profile openings in St. Scholastica and Concordia-Chicago as well.

Jack Parkman

With all that transpired at Oregon State, I wonder is Pat Bailey would entertain a return to George Fox to finish out his career?  I am thinking he is around 63 years old and could come back to the same spot he won a National Title back in 2004.  It will be interesting to see who fills the two NWC openings.

Lets Play Two

I think that job is going to Kevin Kopple - Asst. Coach and Recruiting Coordinator

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Lets Play Two on June 17, 2019, 12:44:58 PM
I think that job is going to Kevin Kopple - Asst. Coach and Recruiting Coordinator

Always makes sense to elevate from within.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Jim Dixon on April 02, 2019, 01:24:02 PM
Quote from: (509)Rat on April 02, 2019, 11:05:36 AM
Linfield is 2-16 in conference. What happened in mcminville?

Could be a new coach still getting his legs. The NWC has definitely raised the bar where the conference race is not a 2-3 team race but one where a couple good teams will be left outside the conference tournament.
It is time to refresh a post.

Whitman (23-17 in regular season) took the national champion to game 5 and lost on an unearned walk-off in the bottom of the 9th.

The West Region is the strongest in the country and deserved more than 1 Pool C bid this year.

Purple Heys

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 17, 2019, 01:28:36 PM
The West Region is the strongest in the country and deserved more than 1 Pool C bid this year.

What Ralph said...
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Jim Dixon