FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

Quote from: crufootball on December 11, 2018, 09:33:58 AM
Quote from: ADL70 on December 11, 2018, 09:14:18 AM
The UMHB sites didn't mention the $1.50 ticket fee.  I'm just sayin'

Yeah I hate those convenience fees, seems to me it would be easier on everybody if we buy online so they don't have to as many ticket booths on site.
I expect convenience fees any time i'm buying tickets on line. Didn't expect the $2 fee for using will call instead of printing at home.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 12, 2018, 06:19:21 AM

Yeah I hate those convenience fees, seems to me it would be easier on everybody if we buy online so they don't have to as many ticket booths on site.
I expect convenience fees any time i'm buying tickets on line. Didn't expect the $2 fee for using will call instead of printing at home.

Wait- they're printing tickets?  Is this 2016?!
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Toby Taff

Quote from: wally_wabash on December 12, 2018, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Toby Taff on December 12, 2018, 06:19:21 AM

Wait- they're printing tickets?  Is this 2016?!
for a $2 fee, but I want the hard copy if we win so i paid it.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

CruGuy

Is there any good reason not to just buy tickets when you walk up?

crufootball

Quote from: CruGuy on December 12, 2018, 10:20:10 AM

The sheer paranoia of a sell-out...which I admit to having.

Toby Taff

Quote from: crufootball on December 12, 2018, 10:42:41 AM

I doubt there will be a sell out, but given the number of football players from the houston area there maybe a long line. I HATE lines. I have eaten at McDonalds for my anniversary because there was a 45 minute wait for a table where we wanted to go. HATE lines.

umhbalum

I paid the fees. The way I look at it driving 3 1/2 hours and paying for the tickets and fees are cheaper than flying the family to Salem like I've done before

crufootball

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 12, 2018, 11:26:13 AM

I doubt there will be a sell out, but given the number of football players from the houston area there maybe a long line. I HATE lines. I have eaten at McDonalds for my anniversary because there was a 45 minute wait for a table where we wanted to go. HATE lines.

Oh yeah if nothing else we can send a few UMHB fans over to the home side to bug the Mount Union faithful haha.

Speaking of Mount Union, I stumbled across this interview with Coach Kehres that he did yesterday to preview the game.

https://www.whbc.com/shows/kenny-roda-show/?futurishared=454&station=WHBCAM#.XBBKNQK60S8.twitter

umhbalum

Quote from: crufootball on December 12, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

Oh yeah if nothing else we can send a few UMHB fans over to the home side to bug the Mount Union faithful haha.

Speaking of Mount Union, I stumbled across this interview with Coach Kehres that he did yesterday to preview the game.

https://www.whbc.com/shows/kenny-roda-show/?futurishared=454&station=WHBCAM#.XBBKNQK60S8.twitter

Did they move us from the Home to a visitors side?

crufootball

Quote from: umhbalum on December 12, 2018, 12:14:07 PM

We are the home team, but sitting on the visitors side for TV reasons.

DFWCrufan

Quote from: crufootball on December 12, 2018, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: umhbalum on December 12, 2018, 12:14:07 PM

We are the home team, but sitting on the visitors side for TV reasons.
So everyone smile.. and wear clean undies!
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Ralph Turner

Of course, UMU fans are our guests, and when guests come to visit, we give them the best seats in the house.

Ol' fashioned Texas hospitality.   :)

crufootball

Gotta give a lot of credit to the local media in Central Texas they seem to be doing a great job of covering the game. Here is a link to some radio interviews from yesterday from UMHB and Mount Union folks.

http://www.listencentraltexassports.com/espn-central-texas-stagg-bowl-coverage/

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

GillCJ1

Thanks for the links, crufootball and ITH.

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces tomorrow night.  Go Cru!
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion