D-3 Women 2019

Started by 2xfaux, August 25, 2019, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchandy22

Will be at Messiah for both games today. Nice, beautiful, sunny, crisp November morning. Rain expected later today but should start after both games are complete. Will be 38 degrees at KO of 1st game warming to 47 degrees by 2nd game. It is odd that Trinity and Messiah have not met more often given their consistent appearances in the NCAAs. Game two is an all NESCAC affair. Good stuff.
Nature was my kindergarten

cciw83

Rough day for the CCIW yesterday, Wheaton women and North Park men do not advance.

Watched the last 25 minutes of regulation, OTs and PKs of the Wheaton game. Wheaton threw everything at St. Thomas and after tying with a PK came close to win in regulation as a cross hit the crossbar and a defender stuck a leg out to block a wide open shot. St. Thomas nailed their PKS. The portion I watched reminded me a lot of the Centre v Scranton last week as Centre threw everything at Scranton in the second half and OTs, but could not finish. Scranton went in and hit every PK.  I would be interested to hear about the first half of the Wheaton game as I did not see it. I thought this was a Wheaton team, even though they're young, was going to make a deep run.

The video stream and commentary of the Wheaton game was first class. The commentary was excellent on the North Park game, but it might have been the device I was watching on, but I was getting some freezing.

A side note, but when hosting sites are considered it would be nice if issues like audio commentary on streaming, game programs, etc are considered.  There are teams that don't go to the tournament every year like Messiah, Williams, William Smith, Wheaton, etc  do and it is a big deal to the teams that are not regulars. Trying to watch the streamed games without commentary at Ohio Northern last week did not give the feel of a NCAA tournament game. I found out that Ohio Northern had a regular season home football game at the same time and that may have been given precedence.

wchandy22

Shoemaker was covered with snow at 9:00 am this morning and the decision was made to move the Sectional final to the lacrosse field. It was a fabulous 110 minutes of soccer that had to unfortunately end in PKs. Messiah prevailed 3-2 on PKs, but I left at the end of the 2nd OT not wanting to watch (the Messiah women have been eliminated on PKs in each of the last five years). Hats off to Williams College who threw everything at Messiah and was ever so close to advancing to the Final Four. It is easy to see why they have won 3 of the last 4 national championships.
Nature was my kindergarten

2xfaux

Godspeed to Coach Pinard, a great coach and a very classy Human Being.  Quite a game!!