FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Quote from: ITH radio on July 02, 2019, 02:40:19 PM
That is a great map. Not sure why Hobart was obscured by the cheerleader's foot as they had a team that played Hamilton, Trinity and Union back then, among others.

Alfred was in its infancy of excellence, so, understandably, was excluded from this amazing 1940 map highlighting the 1939 season.

Interesting, however, that in 1939 the Saxons under third-year Coach Alex Yunevich, were 5-2-0 with wins over Buffalo, Lehigh, Hofstra, Hartwick and Ithaca; losses to Clarkson and St. Lawrence. AU was 7-0-0 in 1937 in Yunie's first season, followed by 4-2-1 in 1938. Saxons were unbeaten in 1940 at 6-0-1 with a 0-0 tie with powerful Clarkson.

Yunie, who arguably could have been named 1929 All-American at Purdue had he not been slowed by injuries, had teammates Sleight and Welch make that All-American unit as Purdue finished as unbeaten Western Conference (Big Ten) champs, thanks in part to a 30-16 Dad's Day win over Michigan in which Yunie scored three TDs in the fourth quarter to rally the Boilermakers from a 16-6 deficit.

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

nescac1

Nice early 2020 recruiting pick-up for Williams, Scituate RB Will Sheskey.  He had over 2000 yards from scrimmage as a junior, when he was a Boston Globe all-Scholastic and an all-state RB:

https://twitter.com/willsheskey10/status/1149144301315772417

gridiron

Colby heading into camp with 80 on the roster--28 First Years. Been a very very long time since they've had those sorts of numbers. Coach Cosgrove continuing to have a positive impact.

amh63

gridiron.....hope that Colby's roster number is a preseason one.  Believe the Nescac football roster limit remains 75 for the season.  Still 28 FYs' is a huge number.

gridiron

It is a preseason number. There will be attrition one way or another to get to the 75  limit.

amh63

Recall that the football roster of 75 is a "soft" limit in that on gameday no more than 75 are dressed to play....while the roster during the season may post more.  Went to check some CAC rosters like Amherst, Wes and Trinity of last season and they all posted numbers over 75...like 76...78.
Amherst's Homecoming game with Wes is in late Oct.  Plan to have some Family members in attendance and make hotel reservations, etc.  The "new"? Sports' director of info just posted that Homecoming was in Nov. and with Trinity!  Homecoming game at Pratt Field is always with a "Little Three" opponent in football.  Oh Well...getting too old for such surprises, I guess.
Still, playing the Bantams at Pratt remain a challenge ;D.  Amherst plays the Ephs up in Willytown the following Sat. 

GameBall14

In the CAC the roster limit is 75, the submitted roster has 76. That is a game and practice limit.

Hawk196

amh63

Hawk196...it's not August yet ;D.  Wait...by mid August, Fall sports players, including football players will be on campus.  One Nescac school has already posted FYs' arrival/event schedule.

harlequinfarm

By way of re-introduction, new board member here joining to root on the Ephs and my son who will be joining the squad as a FY.  Looking forward to meeting the Williams crew, feeding the kids, and rooting on our team!

Son is Paul Harshbarger from Schuylerville NY. 

Go Ephs!

ITH radio

What do you guys think are the biggest "stories / questions" going into the 2019 NESCAC season?
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Hawk196

Quote from: harlequinfarm on July 25, 2019, 07:31:19 PM
By way of re-introduction, new board member here joining to root on the Ephs and my son who will be joining the squad as a FY.  Looking forward to meeting the Williams crew, feeding the kids, and rooting on our team!

Son is Paul Harshbarger from Schuylerville NY. 

Go Ephs!

Good idea for the (football)"dog days of summer".

My Son is Travis Cepalia O-Lineman Tufts - Don Bosco Prep

IslandTime

My middle son is Jayce Silvea, FY Olineman at Wesleyan. From all the way down at Merritt Island High School in Florida (Cape Canaveral area). My oldest son will be a Senior at Amherst. He played 2 seasons of football at Linebacker before a reoccurring bad high Ankle injury made him hang up his cleats for good.

Have a third son who is 13 that I am trying to get in front of the William's coaches soon so we can have a Little 3 rivalry under one roof! Looking forward to football season!!!

Go Wes!!!

harlequinfarm

Quote from: IslandTime on July 26, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
My middle son is Jayce Silvea, FY Olineman at Wesleyan. From all the way down at Merritt Island High School in Florida (Cape Canaveral area). My oldest son will be a Senior at Amherst. He played 2 seasons of football at Linebacker before a reoccurring bad high Ankle injury made him hang up his cleats for good.

Have a third son who is 13 that I am trying to get in front of the William's coaches soon so we can have a Little 3 rivalry under one roof! Looking forward to football season!!!

Go Wes!!!

You court conflict, sir, and I respect that!