MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Bill

Quote from: fredfalcon on September 22, 2017, 12:18:09 PM
tomt4525--He evidently likes old gyms and higher school expenses. He did very well for us last season and will be missed.
Wow. I guess that new facility also includes a vineyard for sour grapes.  ;)
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

chmarx

Perhaps academic excellence was a factor since he won't make a living in basketball.
UW-La Crosse fan since 1980

fredfalcon

Booker Coplin was disappointed in his playing time, even though he started several games early in the season, and played significant minutes after that.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

badgerwarhawk

One has to wonder just what goes on in Rick Patino's Louisville program that he DOES know about. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I have learned that Polkowski was also approached by Lacrosse about their opening. He ended up having to choose between the two. Ended up choosing to return home and his alma mater. Can't blame him for that. As many of you remember, he was a finalist for the same job in '12.

Now, I was told Lacrosse offered the job to someone (former DIII coach) I believe on Wednesday. It sounds like the job was turned down because apparently two individuals were on campus yesterday and another is visiting today.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

tomt4525

On my phone so it's hard for me to post the link, but Dernbach is leaving Point for the interim position at La Crosse.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: gordonmann on October 05, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
Here's our story with a note on the timing for the Stevens Point investigation.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2017/10/la-crosse-dernbach-hire

Interesting that they are waiting so long. Not sure if "waiting" is the word though. It would be devastating to be 20-2, ranked #4 in the nation, be regionally ranked, topping the WIAC and then have the NCAA release the results of their investigation and find out they aren't eligible for any post season play.

I suppose this way, at least, they can go into the new season with a clear mind since they really won't know anything until as late as February.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 06, 2017, 06:32:30 AM
Quote from: gordonmann on October 05, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
Here's our story with a note on the timing for the Stevens Point investigation.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2017/10/la-crosse-dernbach-hire

Interesting that they are waiting so long. Not sure if "waiting" is the word though. It would be devastating to be 20-2, ranked #4 in the nation, be regionally ranked, topping the WIAC and then have the NCAA release the results of their investigation and find out they aren't eligible for any post season play.

I suppose this way, at least, they can go into the new season with a clear mind since they really won't know anything until as late as February.

Way to be positive in October.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Of course, and then, ideally, the NCAA comes out and say, "Meh, good enough...don't do it again."
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!