FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retagent

It's hard for ANY school to maintain such a run.

oshfb

UW Oshkosh 2013 Schedule has been released. Marian University, the 2012 NAIA Champions, rounds out the non-conference schedule.

Sat, Sep. 7 at Central College (Iowa) 1:00 PM   
Sat, Sep. 14 at Marian University (Ind.) 1:00 PM EDT   
Sat, Sep. 28 Alma College (Mich.) 12:00 PM   
Sat, Oct. 5 at UW-Stout * 2:00 PM   
Sat, Oct. 12 UW-La Crosse *Homecoming   1:30 PM   
Sat, Oct. 19 at UW-River Falls * 2:00 PM   
Sat, Oct. 26 UW-Whitewater * 1:00 PM   
Sat, Nov. 2 UW-Stevens Point * 1:00 PM   
Sat, Nov. 9 at UW-Eau Claire * 2:00 PM   
Sat, Nov. 16 UW-Platteville * 2:00 PM 
"A GOOD leader makes you feel as though THEY can conquer the world. A GREAT leader makes you feel as though YOU can conquer the world."

retagent

If any of you UWW folk knew a James Sorenson, who graduated from Whitewater in 2011, could you give me a hit via e mail? Has nothing to do with football, but rather my work.

BDB

badgerwarhawk

This story has been all over the news broadcasts in this area the past couple of days. 

Sorry this isn't a football related post. 

Congrats to the WARHAWKS women softball team who avenged a pair of losses to Oshkosh during the regular season with a 2-1 win in the semifinal game of the conference tournament and followed that with a convincing 7-0 victory over Eau Claire, the regular season champion, to earn the conference's automatic bid into the NCAA postseason tournament.  The regional will be held in WHITEWATER starting Thursday.  The WARHAWKS finish the regular season with a 31-5 record.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

voice

UW-Whitewater concludes spring practice with the election of team captains.

According to UW-Whitewater football's Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/CoachLeipold -  the 2013 UWW football captains are: Cole Klotz (Sr. MLB), Tyler Huber (Sr. WR), Matt Behrendt (Jr. QB)

02 Warhawk

Quote from: voice on May 06, 2013, 02:43:50 PM

According to UW-Whitewater football's Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/CoachLeipold -  the 2013 UWW football captains are: Cole Klotz (Sr. MLB), Tyler Huber (Sr. WR), Matt Behrendt (Jr. QB)

Interesting..so they're going with two captains on the offensive side and one on defense.

Usually it's just one from offense and one from defense...right?

Just Bill

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 07, 2013, 09:52:14 AM

Interesting..so they're going with two captains on the offensive side and one on defense.

Typically teams would have one offense, one defense and one special teams. I would imagine one of the offense players represents special teams. But of course there's no right and wrong. Teams can do whatever they want.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Just Bill on May 07, 2013, 09:54:44 AM

Typically teams would have one offense, one defense and one special teams. I would imagine one of the offense players represents special teams. But of course there's no right and wrong. Teams can do whatever they want.

Yea, I think you're right. In the past UWW usually only has two captains...one from each side of the ball.

I guess they decided to change things up a bit this year.

palum

Platteville released its schedule some time ago;

Sep 7, 2013 Buena Vista     
Sep 14, 2013 at Dubuque   
Sep 21, 2013 at Lewis & Clark   
Oct 5, 2013 UW-Eau Claire  *       
Oct 12, 2013 at UW-River Falls  *     
Oct 19, 2013 at UW-Stevens Point  *   
Oct 26, 2013 UW-Stout  * 
Nov 2, 2013 at UW-Whitewater  *     
Nov 9, 2013 UW-La Crosse  *           
Nov 16, 2013 at UW-Oshkosh  * 

I notice that they are playing at Oshkosh and at Stevens Point just like last year.  I thought the schedule makers tried to go avoid this.  It also sucks only having 4 home games.  The good news is not having to play a conference school twice like the past few years.

emma17

Maybe there was a tie in the voting (unless Behrendt is on special teams now).
It's also interesting that a JR is named a captain.  I've not tracked it that closely, but I don't recall a non-senior captain in the last few years.

badgerwarhawk

Behrendt will not be playing on any special teams next year.  The competition is still open but right now he is projected as the starting quarterback.  He gained valuable experience last year and hopefully that will be reflected in his play this upcoming season. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

02 Warhawk

voice

With today's news of Larry Kehres retiring as head coach at Mount Union marks the end of an amazing era.

Larry was named UMU coach in 1974.  In 27 seasons, his teams won 23 Ohio Athletic Conference Championships (1986, 1990, 1992-2012) while posting 21 undefeated regular seasons (1986, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995-2004, 2006-2012) and claiming 11 NCAA Division III National Championships (1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012.

His impact on college basketball, in my eyes, is even greater than John Wooden's legendary impact on college basketball.

Even though I'm a card carrying UW-Whitewater fan being able to "cover" those great UWW-UMU football games top my list of memorable games broadcast during my 35 year sports broadcasting career.

Being able to be associated with coaches like Perkins, Berezowitz, Leipold, Gagliardi, and Kehres give this old broadcaster some life-long memories.  I've been very fortunate!!