Rank the Mideast Region

Started by Spence, March 17, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 17, 2016, 02:48:46 PM
They were good down the stretch including in the OAC tournament.  They lost 1-0 and 6-5 to Etta last weekend so it's not like they were playing poorly at all.  Harrison does a very good job there.  They just started slowly this year.
Good I like Harison, he recruited my son really hard when my son was going through the process.

old scot

2 and BBQ for the Bishops. Didn't score a run in 2 games. Do you think the committee is re-thinking that pool C bid.

old scot

Wow. La Roche gets the pine tar rule called on them. Out, but maybe OK. Umpires on confer. Send the player who was originally called out for to much pine tar back to second base.  Runner from second scores to win the game. Don't know the rule but I'm thinking George Brett is happy some where. I guess I show my age.

DagarmanSpartan

Ouch!!!

Well that was a speedy exit for CWRU!

old scot

Woo losses to RM 2-1. Scots had the tying run thrown out at the plate trying to score from first on a double to end the game.

ADL70

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on May 19, 2016, 11:00:24 PM
Ouch!!!

Tough draw for the Spartans. Three seed, but the four was #18 in the poll and 5 per Massey.  Then they have to beat 1 seed to stay alive. Shouldn't the 1/6 winner play the 2/5 loser? Seems like the 5 seed has an easier path than 3/4.

Marietta suffered the same fate.

Remember the team should return essentially all of this season's contributors for 2017.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

It'll be interesting to see how the team does with the new "round robin" schedule.

ADL70

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on May 20, 2016, 09:01:49 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the team does with the new "round robin" schedule.

Hope they can schedule quality spring break games.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ElRetornodelEspencio

Quote from: ADL70 on May 22, 2016, 10:25:52 AM

It will be interesting to see how Case approaches in region games now. Technically their conference games still don't really count for anything as far as an NCAA berth goes. It would be nice to see the UAA get up to Pool A status.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: ADL70 on May 20, 2016, 09:43:49 AM
Ouch!!!

Tough draw for the Spartans. Three seed, but the four was #18 in the poll and 5 per Massey.  Then they have to beat 1 seed to stay alive. Shouldn't the 1/6 winner play the 2/5 loser? Seems like the 5 seed has an easier path than 3/4.

Remember the team should return essentially all of this season's contributors for 2017.
The format for the 6-team regional  has to configure for the "2 absent teams in the brackets".

The number 3/4 winner gets the 2-5 winner so there is no breather in the West Region with a 6-team format.  That was the topic of the week on the West (Rodney Daingerfield) Region tourney board.

ElRetornodelEspencio

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 22, 2016, 11:45:47 PM
Quote from: ADL70 on May 20, 2016, 09:43:49 AM
Ouch!!!

The format for the 6-team regional  has to configure for the "2 absent teams in the brackets".

The number 3/4 winner gets the 2-5 winner so there is no breather in the West Region with a 6-team format.  That was the topic of the week on the West (Rodney Daingerfield) Region tourney board.

I don't know if I buy that though. It looked like there was only 1 team in that regional that was capable of winning it, which is a contrast to most of the other regions.

ElRetornodelEspencio

Quote from: ADL70 on May 22, 2016, 10:25:52 AM

I hope they diversify their spring trips. Could really help connect together schedules from different parts of the country.

Pops33

Collegiate Baseball has released their pre-season poll for 2017.  Take with a grain of salt, since most voters do not realize what each team (other than the top few) have lost from or have returning to their roster.  It is mainly a re-print of the end of the season poll, with a little bit of shuffling.  However, this does mean that ball games are just around the corner!!!

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-3-poll-12-21-16/

Not much movement in the top 10, other than Trinity dropping from 1 to 11.  Those from the mideast region getting recognition are:

Laroche   4
Wooster  19
Adrian     23
Marietta  24
Rose-Hulman  37

Also receiving votes: CWRU, Otterbein, Thomas More, OWU, Kalamazoo

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pops33 on December 22, 2016, 11:45:26 AM
Collegiate Baseball has released their pre-season poll for 2017.  Take with a grain of salt, since most voters do not realize what each team (other than the top few) have lost from or have returning to their roster.  It is mainly a re-print of the end of the season poll, with a little bit of shuffling.  However, this does mean that ball games are just around the corner!!!

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-3-poll-12-21-16/

Not much movement in the top 10, other than Trinity dropping from 1 to 11.  Those from the mideast region getting recognition are:

Laroche   4
Wooster  19
Adrian     23
Marietta  24
Rose-Hulman  37

Also receiving votes: CWRU, Otterbein, Thomas More, OWU, Kalamazoo
I guess that Baseball America has 8 voters.  Think about this.

The Poll doesn't make sense at first blush. Maybe I am assuming the vote allocation is like "D3" does it.

They do not list 1st place votes.
They have 33 teams receiving votes.

The #40 team (JHU) has 182 votes. The Number 1 team Cortland has 274. That is too close of a margin between #1 and #40

Do they only vote for 25 teams and then rank 40? I don't know.

ElRetornodelEspencio

I guess the mystery of why Wooster is overrated every year will never be solved.