FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(509)Rat

Quote from: wildcat11 on October 15, 2018, 12:46:27 PM
Mixed bag this weekend.  The offense is looking more solidified and that was Wyatt's best game under center, IMO. 

The defense has been outstanding all year but man they had a couple of bad breakdowns that cost them.  Of course I didn't want L&C to get that garbage time TD but it doesn't really matter.

Our special teams were both awesome and terrible as well.  Willy killed it on those long field goals, the kick return for TD but then they gave up the kickoff TD and I swear we have a penalty on every punt return.  It's incredibly frustrating. 

I'm still holding my breath the final four weeks.  Linfield could easily take care of business and be 7-2 or this team could sputter and get into four tight games as well.

After watching PLU this weekend I'd take whatever odds Vegas is willing to give you on Linfield finishing 7-2

bluenote

Quote from: (509)Rat on October 15, 2018, 07:26:15 PM
After watching PLU this weekend I'd take whatever odds Vegas is willing to give you on Linfield finishing 7-2

Does that mean you think PLU is the best team Linfield will face the rest of conference? I doubt it. GFU, UPS and Pacific seem to get feisty from time to time.

d-train

Blue - I think those 4 teams clump together into one big 'meh', and 509 has said something similar recently. PLU lost badly to Whitworth, but beat Pacific and went into overtime with UPS. GF lost to Pacific (and Redlands). All pretty average joes...

(509)Rat

What d-train said. And I mean no offense to PLU, but they are down from years past. I can't remember if I first posted my thoughts on the conference before or just after the Whitworth v Linfield game but I really don't think I've seen anything to change my opinion of the conference/teams.

D O.C.

Good! Finally a LINFIELD guy on the d3football.com Team of the Week.
It may be antiquated news but I believe the SID nominates for their team.

QuoteK Willy Warne
Jr., Linfield

Warne made a career-long 54-yard field goal, the longest made field goal in the NWC this season. He made from 26, 42 and 54 yards (missing from 46) and hit four extra points in a 43-26 win over Lewis & Clark.

Pat Coleman

Love the ice-cold take. Straight outta, what, 2011?

D3football.com now features an all-time list of Team of the Week honorees, so you can see for yourself when the last time Linfield had a player on the team, how many times it's happened in 2018, 2017, etc.:

http://www.d3football.com/awards/tow/all-time
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

Do the SIDs nominate for you or not?

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on October 18, 2018, 01:16:25 PM
Do the SIDs nominate for you or not?

SIDs have to nominate.  Pat doesn't go looking.  There's an online process that all SID's have access in order to make weekly nominations.

(509)Rat

high of 60, partly cloudy, 10% chance of rain in Tacoma tomorrow. The Loggers don't/can't run the football so I guess my first thought of, they probably want to muck this one up to have a shot, probably isn't true. UPS will have to outscore Whitworth through the air which seems like an awful thing for them to try and do but what choice do they have?

George Fox will be lucky to score more than 7 points against Linfield tomorrow. I think the Wildcats shore up some of those defensive breakdowns from last week and not to mention Fox has 3 QBs, non of whom can throw the football. I can't believe I'm saying this but Linfield's defense will get a little bit of a break going from L&C to Fox...

Lewis and Clark's defense will be the problem against Pacific. I think the Pios need to jump on the Boxers early if they want to win. Otherwise, Pacific grinds one out.

PLU gets to feel good about themselves one week after getting Kavanaugh'd by Whitworth. Willamette is bad, and while PLU is down, they haven't fallen to the same depths as the Bearcat program. Seriously, what the heck happened in Salem?

D O.C.

So GeoFo can be pounded early and often and your fragilty we'll be assuaged.

George Thompson

Where is Linfield's missing offense?

1.   In the last 12 games, LC has 7 games scoring less than 17 pts. each.
2.   Our offensive woes actually started last year, 4 games under 17 pts. each.
3.   Prior to last year, the last year we had that low production was 20 years ago, the 1998 team.
4.   Years with fewer than 17 pts:
         No games under 17 pts: 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2000.
         One game under 17 pts: 2016, 2014, 2007, 2002, 2001
         Two games under 17 pts: 1999
         Three games under 17 pts: 2008, 2006

Other woes: QB 8 TDs this year, 7 interceptions.

Penalties so far, 75 yds per game.   Opponents only 49 yds per game.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

wildcat11

Quote from: George Thompson on October 20, 2018, 10:18:01 PM
Where is Linfield's missing offense?

1.   In the last 12 games, LC has 7 games scoring less than 17 pts. each.
2.   Our offensive woes actually started last year, 4 games under 17 pts. each.
3.   Prior to last year, the last year we had that low production was 20 years ago, the 1998 team.
4.   Years with fewer than 17 pts:
         No games under 17 pts: 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2000.
         One game under 17 pts: 2016, 2014, 2007, 2002, 2001
         Two games under 17 pts: 1999
         Three games under 17 pts: 2008, 2006

Other woes: QB 8 TDs this year, 7 interceptions.

Penalties so far, 75 yds per game.   Opponents only 49 yds per game.

GT

Congratulations to the defense for their 3rd shutout of the year.  Outstanding effort by the 'Cats defense once again and great work on Linfield moving to 4-2 on the season and 3-1 in NWC play.  Go 'Cats!

(509)Rat

It's gotta be weird searching/recruiting people to replace your kid. And if they aren't, have fun losing to Whitworth 3 years in a row.

Wildcat'64

Lots of talent on the Cats....if we ever put it all together!  Nice to win today, but it should have been about 28-0!
LEAVE NO DOUBT

(509)Rat

I'd say this offense for the last two years has looked worse than the 2008 version. And I would be saying the same thing about Cole Franklin so...