FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Gray Fox

Thank you Ralph.  I knew you would know all about this.  +k
Fierce When Roused

ksclegal

Per Footballscoop.com Kyle Ingraham has been promoted to offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach  at Texas Lutheran and former Texas Southern graduate assistant Matt Cannata has returned to TLU as offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator.

Ron Boerger

In the last year of the football-playing SCAC, non-conference games are:

Austin: @Hendrix, HPU, Whittier, @SAGU
Southwestern:  HSU, McM, @ETBU, @UW-River Falls
Texas Lutheran:  ETBU, UMHB, @La Coll, @HSU
Trinity:  Redlands, @Millsaps, PLU, @Chapman

This will be the only year of double-round robin play to determine the SCAC champion.

Ron Boerger

Around the Nation is back!   Trinity (TX) coach Jerheme Urban is one of three coaches interviewed in this month's edition.

olddog

It is early but any outlook on Trinity? Redland's defense should be pretty tough given 9 starters back plus a couple medical redshirt starters from 2014 season. The offense is the huge question mark as usual. The O line has to improve, hard not too...and the QB battle is a real unknown.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

olddog

Trinity/UR game moved back to 7:30...better for the boys ...Looks like UR staying the night instead of flying out on Saturday
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Gray Fox

Quote from: Ron Boerger on April 07, 2016, 07:36:29 PM
In the last year of the football-playing SCAC, non-conference games are:

Austin: @Hendrix, HPU, Whittier, @SAGU
Southwestern:  HSU, McM, @ETBU, @UW-River Falls
Texas Lutheran:  ETBU, UMHB, @La Coll, @HSU
Trinity:  Redlands, @Millsaps, PLU, @Chapman

This will be the only year of double-round robin play to determine the SCAC champion.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try to make the two SCIAC games.
Fierce When Roused

Ron Boerger

Two SCAC players named to the D3football.com preseason AA teams, neither are a surprise:

Marquis Barrolle, Sr., Texas Lutheran
Julian Turner, Sr., Trinity (Texas)

Here's to a good final season of conference play.   :'(

Coolrey

TLU will certainly have some holes to fill on both sides of the ball.  They have a very good coaching staff and they will develop young players to fill in for those who graduated.  They start off with a couple of very tough teams in ETBU and UMHB.  I think they can afford 1 loss again to have a chance at the playoffs.  I felt they were a playoff team last year, but that tough loss to Hardin Simmons cost them.  Way too many mistakes and turnovers.  This year's team will be a little different with change in QB and a revamped secondary.  Also, some new coaching assignments.  Padron and his staff have done a great job there and will have this team ready to go.  Looking forward to the season.

umhb2001

Quote from: TLU02SA on December 17, 2015, 10:35:36 AM
Here is TLU's write-up on Andy Padron taking the Bowling Green State co-offensive coordinator job.

http://tlubulldogs.com/news/2015/12/15/FB_1215153735.aspx

Wow, both sons leaving the roost to do something different.  It will be interesting to see how UMHB and TLU do under new OC's.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

RunTheTrap

Not a whole lot of Austin College posts so I decided what the heck. AC had 128 report on opening day of camp which is up from recent years (that means the last 3 years for certain). Numbers don't mean anything as far as wins are concerned, but it is good to see the program in good shape. They do have some talent to replace on both sides of the ball and they will be tested the first week @ Hendrix. Looking forward to the season and wishing all the teams in this conference good luck on 9/3!   

Ron Boerger

Quote from: RunTheTrap on August 23, 2016, 05:18:46 PM
Not a whole lot of Austin College posts so I decided what the heck. AC had 128 report on opening day of camp which is up from recent years (that means the last 3 years for certain). Numbers don't mean anything as far as wins are concerned, but it is good to see the program in good shape. They do have some talent to replace on both sides of the ball and they will be tested the first week @ Hendrix. Looking forward to the season and wishing all the teams in this conference good luck on 9/3!

Welcome!

Hendrix won the SAA last year, is one of the favorites again this year, so this will be not only a good test but a precursor of things to come once AC and Trinity head to the SAA next year.

RunTheTrap

Thanks and I totally agree with you on that. Major props are in order to  the Hendrix coaching staff and team for getting a conference championship within 3 years of starting football. That is quite a feat. I hate to see the SCAC with no football teams next year, but at least the 4 teams will be in conferences that send teams to the playoffs every year.

Ron Boerger

SCAC Media Day interviews were released this week:

Austin:  https://www.facebook.com/scac.sports1/videos/10154514138453724/
Southwestern:  https://www.facebook.com/scac.sports1/videos/10154505474703724/
Texas Lutheran: https://www.facebook.com/scac.sports1/videos/10154504840453724/
Trinity:  https://www.facebook.com/scac.sports1/videos/10154508645473724/

Austin College Football w/ head coach Loren Dawson, senior quarterback Cooper Woodyard and senior linebacker James Heman
Southwestern University Football w/ head coach Joe Austin, senior defensive end Justin Broussard and senior quarterback Bryan Hicks
Texas Lutheran University Football w/ head coach Danny Padron, senior offensive lineman Tyler Howlett and senior linebacker Darian Candler
Trinity University Football w/ head coach Jerheme Urban, sophomore offensive lineman Joel Holmes and senior linebacker Brad Hood