FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-manWU

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 05, 2019, 11:36:53 AM
Quote from: PBR... on September 04, 2019, 04:46:55 PM
Greetings ....

Does PBR need to tell you all once again who will run away with thy MAC Title? Of course not, once again DVU beat all comers like a rented mule! Heed thy warning and rejoice in another DVU title. As the Aggies hoist another trophy with DVU in its rightful spot atop the MAC.

Peace Out.... PBR  8-)

If the Aggies can overcome the loss of their four year starter at QB (Darden), their top three receivers (all at least 6'4".......Ellis, Graham and Stewart), three of their five offensive linemen and their all conference fullback/hback...........and win the MAC yet again...............their head coach should be put up for Sainthood!!I think they struggle mightily to move the ball in game #2 against a loaded Wesley defense. And when they do, DelVal also loses their four year punter, All-American Steven Adams (was in a NFL rookie camp, and got CFL looks) who was an amazing weapon at the D3 level. Wesley and other teams know first hand what it is like to be subpar at kicker and/or punter.

DelVal brings a lot back on defense and will probably have to win some low scoring games. Stevenson, Lycoming and Widener were solid last year and bring many more players back than the Aggies.

I guess that's why they play the games. I'm not saying they won't win it, but I don't see the cakewalk that you do. In fact, the trash talking (through social media) has already begun from the teams listed above.....................as well as from Wilkes of all teams. The clown head coach of Lycoming is also disparaging the Aggies, in some not-too-kind ways I might add (one of my best buddies has a son who is a junior at Lyco and is not a huge fan of the HC, but loves his teammates). Don't poke the bear.................or the Nobile's might break you in half ;)

I think the trash talking you refer to has long been a staple of varsity athletics at every level; you just see it more intensely in the era of social media, texting, etc... When you are the top dog (as DVU has been for most of the last decade and a half) everyone wants to take their shots. Just part of being the front-runner...

I can't blame the Colonels for being confident; they took a strong step forward last season and will (hopefully) continue to progress this year. Reminds me of the first thing I was told by the players while working my first training camp with Wilkes in 2004: Every game in the MAC is a good one.

While work and personal commitments will prevent me from attending the first two games this season, I plan to catch the Colonels in action at Lycoming in week 3, and at most games thereafter. Enjoy the season everyone!!!

DFWCrufan

Hey Albright Faithful, if your traveling out the Belton let us know, we'll give you the inside scoop. Have safe travels and I believe the guys will love the Cruthedral. It's gonna be packed, loud and a bit warm. Perhaps Mr. Norris will come by the game, he likes to come by for the HSU/ CRU game but who knows.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

jmcozenlaw

This board has become a morgue since the departures of ColonelJohn, Lycosimba (when Lyco went down the tubes.........he disappeared) and even bman. I look at the other conference boards with a slightly jealous eye ;) Oh well, life goes on...........................

**********Below posted on June 12, 2019....................and my mind has not changed in the three months since:**********

DelVal will be in a massive rebuilding year this coming season so I don't see them as one of the better teams in the East.

The DelVal vs. Wesley game should be interesting. DelVal loses their four year starter at QB (Darden), their top three receivers (with all at least 6'4".......Ellis, Graham and Stewart), stud kick returner and punt returner Stewart (4 TD's last year), three of their five mulit-year starter offensive linemen and their all conference fullback/hback. I think they struggle mightily to move the ball against a loaded Wesley defense. And when they do, DelVal also loses their four year punter, All-American Steven Adams (currently in an NFL rookie camp, and getting CFL looks) who was an amazing weapon at the D3 level. Wesley knows first hand what it is like to be subpar at kicker and/or punter.

DelVal brings a lot back on defense, but Wesley does on offense, including a lightning quick back (Lee), big, fast WR's and a huge offensive line. After DelVal winning the first two and Wesley winning last year, I'll set the line at at Wesley -9.5. DelVal covers, but Wesley wins to tie the recent series (last four seasons) up at 2-2. No team, with the exception of Mount Union, Mary Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Whitewater and maybe one or two I'm missing, beats Wesley 3 out of 4 games (this season's seniors were freshman during game one of the series).........certainly NOT DelVal.

I don't have a MAC prediction yet, but I don't see DelVal running the table, nor winning the MAC for a third straight year.

I think that Wesley, Salsbury and Rowan catch a huge break with the departure of Frostburg.

A little birdie also tells me that this season's game might be the end, for now, of the Wesley vs. DelVal series. I have no clue who Wesley replaces them with.

tweisman5

Below are my week 2 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 2 Predictions

William Paterson @ FDU (-14.5): FDU wins by 13

Leb Val (-1.5) @ Wilkes: Wilkes wins by 7

Wesley (-0.5) @ Del Val: Del Val wins by 3

Widener @ Lycoming (-2.5): Widener wins by 3

UNE @ Alvernia (-0.5): Alvernia wins by 3

Albright @ #1 UMHB (-56.5): UMHB wins by 60

Bridgewater @ Stevenson (-1.5): Stevenson wins by 3

Week 2 Rankings
1. Del Val (1-0, 0-0)
2. Stevenson (1-0, 0-0)
3. Widener (1-0, 0-0)
4. King's (1-0, 0-0)
5. Misericordia (0-1, 0-0)
6. Lycoming (0-1, 0-0)
7. Wilkes (1-0, 0-0)
8. FDU (1-0, 0-0)
9. Leb Val (0-1, 0-0) 
10. Albright (0-1, 0-0)
11. Alvernia (1-0, 0-0)

Prediction Record
Last Week: 7-4 (.636)
Career: 100-40 (.714)
Go Mustangs!

bill

I'm still lurking...but I have even less to offer than I used to!  ;D

I am really out of touch with FDU & the MAC now - I think over 60% of the department has turned over in the 4 years since I left.

I do have to comment though - FDU FAVORED by 13.5 points??? That hasn't happened very often - glad to see they are seeing some level of improvement.
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 13, 2019, 08:26:26 AM
This board has become a morgue since the departures of ColonelJohn, Lycosimba (when Lyco went down the tubes.........he disappeared) and even bman. I look at the other conference boards with a slightly jealous eye ;) Oh well, life goes on...........................

**********Below posted on June 12, 2019....................and my mind has not changed in the three months since:**********

DelVal will be in a massive rebuilding year this coming season so I don't see them as one of the better teams in the East.

The DelVal vs. Wesley game should be interesting. DelVal loses their four year starter at QB (Darden), their top three receivers (with all at least 6'4".......Ellis, Graham and Stewart), stud kick returner and punt returner Stewart (4 TD's last year), three of their five mulit-year starter offensive linemen and their all conference fullback/hback. I think they struggle mightily to move the ball against a loaded Wesley defense. And when they do, DelVal also loses their four year punter, All-American Steven Adams (currently in an NFL rookie camp, and getting CFL looks) who was an amazing weapon at the D3 level. Wesley knows first hand what it is like to be subpar at kicker and/or punter.

DelVal brings a lot back on defense, but Wesley does on offense, including a lightning quick back (Lee), big, fast WR's and a huge offensive line. After DelVal winning the first two and Wesley winning last year, I'll set the line at at Wesley -9.5. DelVal covers, but Wesley wins to tie the recent series (last four seasons) up at 2-2. No team, with the exception of Mount Union, Mary Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Whitewater and maybe one or two I'm missing, beats Wesley 3 out of 4 games (this season's seniors were freshman during game one of the series).........certainly NOT DelVal.

I don't have a MAC prediction yet, but I don't see DelVal running the table, nor winning the MAC for a third straight year.

I think that Wesley, Salsbury and Rowan catch a huge break with the departure of Frostburg.

A little birdie also tells me that this season's game might be the end, for now, of the Wesley vs. DelVal series. I have no clue who Wesley replaces them with.

I've never been one to pat myself on the back and I don't want to start now but damn, did I nail the Wesley vs. DelVal game down to a nanometer.

Wesley won. Check. DelVal covered. Check.

There are only 5 or 6 teams who beat Wesley 3 out of 4 years and DelVal is not of that ilk.

Neither of these teams has a prayer to be in the national conversation and would get monkey stomped by the likes of UMHB, Mount Union and Whitewater.

DelVal wins if their FG kicker hits his. Wesley wins of their FG kicker hits his.

They are two pretty evenly matched teams with brand new QB's. The difference was the sheer amount of newbies on DelVal's offense and it shows.

Wesley cakewalks through the Frostburgless NJAC.

The Aggies do NOT win the MAC.

Call we the swammy ;)

bman

I am still lurking too...just a lot going on right now...

tweisman5

Below are my week 3 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 3 Predictions

FDU @ Widener (-4.5): Widener wins by 10

Stevenson @ Del Val (-6.5): Del Val wins by 7

Wilkes @ Lycoming (-6.5): Lycoming wins by 6

Alvernia @ Leb Val (-25.5): Leb Val wins by 14

King's (-19.5) @ Hartwick: King's wins by 17

Week 3 Rankings
1. Del Val (1-1, 0-0)
2. Stevenson (1-1, 0-0)
3. Widener (1-1, 0-0)
4. King's (1-0, 0-0)
5. Misericordia (0-1, 0-0)
6. Lycoming (1-1, 0-0)
7. Wilkes (2-0, 0-0)
8. FDU (1-1, 0-0)
9. Leb Val (0-2, 0-0) 
10. Albright (0-2, 0-0)
11. Alvernia (1-1, 0-0)

Prediction Record
Last Week: 2-5 (.286)
Season: 9-9 (.500)
Career: 102-45 (.694)
Go Mustangs!

tweisman5

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 14, 2019, 05:56:30 PM

I've never been one to pat myself on the back and I don't want to start now but damn, did I nail the Wesley vs. DelVal game down to a nanometer.

There are only 5 or 6 teams who beat Wesley 3 out of 4 years and DelVal is not of that ilk.

Neither of these teams has a prayer to be in the national conversation and would get monkey stomped by the likes of UMHB, Mount Union and Whitewater.

DelVal wins if their FG kicker hits his. Wesley wins of their FG kicker hits his.

They are two pretty evenly matched teams with brand new QB's. The difference was the sheer amount of newbies on DelVal's offense and it shows.

Call we the swammy ;)

Good call on your prediction for the game! I enjoy reading your insightful posts as I find them to usually be accurate reads on any program. I'm curious who your prediction will be to win the MAC this season as you have already stated that you don't believe Del Val wins it. I unfortunately disagree as I see my Mustangs being the only obstacle for Del Val and that game is at their stadium. I'm hopeful your correct as I would like my Mustangs to win it again as that 2016 season was a wonderful season to follow.
Go Mustangs!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: tweisman5 on September 20, 2019, 11:53:23 PM

Call we the swammy ;)

Good call on your prediction for the game! I enjoy reading your insightful posts as I find them to usually be accurate reads on any program. I'm curious who your prediction will be to win the MAC this season as you have already stated that you don't believe Del Val wins it. I unfortunately disagree as I see my Mustangs being the only obstacle for Del Val and that game is at their stadium. I'm hopeful your correct as I would like my Mustangs to win it again as that 2016 season was a wonderful season to follow.

Thank you my friend! This board used to be a lot more active but many have departed (while a couple still lurk). I do have Stevenson winning the MAC, although if the Aggies win this game, I think it's between them and Lycoming, with their game AT Lycoming (and maybe Simba comes out of hiding..................and tells us that he was "indisposed" for the last few years while his Lyco team struggled ;) )

tweisman5

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 21, 2019, 09:31:22 AM

Call we the swammy ;)

Thank you my friend! This board used to be a lot more active but many have departed (while a couple still lurk). I do have Stevenson winning the MAC, although if the Aggies win this game, I think it's between them and Lycoming, with their game AT Lycoming (and maybe Simba comes out of hiding..................and tells us that he was "indisposed" for the last few years while his Lyco team struggled ;) )

How do you feel after today's results in the MAC? After watching the Stevenson at Del Val game, I have a gut feeling that the conference champion was not determined yet. I don't want to take any respect away from Del Val as they fought hard for that win, but if this game was back at Mustang Stadium I bet it would have been a different result. I believe we could see either Wilkes, King's, Lycoming, or Widener knock off a win against Del Val, which would put the conference championship back in play. As long as my Mustangs fix the big mistakes from today, I feel they are still in the race as much as before today.

As for the lack of board posters I'm hopeful we see more participants going forward! Maybe some old faces return or maybe we can recruit some posters to join the discussion either from other boards or fresh faces. I've been able to post mostly on Fridays and Saturdays lately so I apologize for not being able to add as much content to this board compared to previous years.
Go Mustangs!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: tweisman5 on September 22, 2019, 12:24:01 AM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 21, 2019, 09:31:22 AM

Call we the swammy ;)

How do you feel after today's results in the MAC? After watching the Stevenson at Del Val game, I have a gut feeling that the conference champion was not determined yet. I don't want to take any respect away from Del Val as they fought hard for that win, but if this game was back at Mustang Stadium I bet it would have been a different result. I believe we could see either Wilkes, King's, Lycoming, or Widener knock off a win against Del Val, which would put the conference championship back in play. As long as my Mustangs fix the big mistakes from today, I feel they are still in the race as much as before today.

As for the lack of board posters I'm hopeful we see more participants going forward! Maybe some old faces return or maybe we can recruit some posters to join the discussion either from other boards or fresh faces. I've been able to post mostly on Fridays and Saturdays lately so I apologize for not being able to add as much content to this board compared to previous years.

I'm really in a quandry regarding the MAC at this point and feel the same as you that the conference championship was not decided yesterday. I'm not sure about Stevenson winning at home though. DelVal was running the ball in for a 21-7 lead right before the half until the fumble. They got zero "home town calls" as the refs were brutal for both sides, especially for DelVal. The late hit out of bounds on the 3 and 33 was quite bogus. The personal foul on 20 was as the result of the Stevenson player not getting off of the top of him. DelVal also muffed a punt inside their own 20. Sedgewick was sacked 8 times (would have been 10 if not for 2 penalties) and they had a hard time running the ball (as did DelVal)..................even after the Aggies stud DE (the other Nobile left the game with a dislocated shoulder). I would say they are two evenly matched teams, but I believe that each has a MAC loss in them. If DelVal loses one and Stevenson loses a second, do any of the other MAC teams run the table or lose only 1? That is the big question and I have no idea at this point. DelVal has to get their running back healthy (Strothers) or the run game is in trouble.

I do hope that some more people join us here. We'll see as the season goes on. :)

G-manWU

I also hope to contribute more as the season takes off, and as I plan to catch more games in person.

On that note, it was a great day for football in Williamsport yesterday, as the Colonels hung tough and kept focus to pull out a win in double overtime against Lycoming. A back-and-forth game between two well-matched teams, with big plays (as well as some miscues) on both sides. I think you see the ongoing evolution on the Wilkes side with the team hanging tough and continuing to go at it when things didn't break their way at several points; that attitude will keep them as a player in the conference race this season.

tweisman5

Below are my week 4 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 4 Predictions

Stevenson (-20.5) @ FDU: Stevenson wins by 28

Leb Val (-2.5) @ Misericordia: Misericordia wins by 3

Del Val (-27.5) @ Albright: Del Val wins by 24

Widener (-30.5) @ Alvernia: Widener wins by 35

Lycoming (-3.5) @ King's: King's wins by 7

Week 4 Rankings
1. Del Val (2-1, 1-0)
2. Stevenson (1-2, 0-1)
3. Widener (2-1, 1-0)
4. King's (2-0, 0-0)
5. Wilkes (3-0, 1-0)
6. Lycoming (1-2, 0-1)
7. Misericordia (0-1, 0-0)
8. Leb Val (1-2, 1-0)
9. FDU (1-2, 1-0) 
10. Albright (0-2, 0-0)
11. Alvernia (1-2, 0-1)

Prediction Record
Last Week: 4-1 (.800)
Season: 13-10 (.565)
Career: 106-46 (.697)
Go Mustangs!

tweisman5

A big concern for my Mustangs has been the 20 sacks allowed through three games. I can pinpoint a portion of the issue to the new QB sometimes holding the ball too long, but I suspect as the season progresses and he settles into the offense that number will improve.

I see Del Val's biggest issue being their DBs struggling to hold their own against good passing teams. If they get knocked off, it will be due to struggles against a pass heavy team. As of today I only see them losing one game sometime during a tough October stretch or Widener in November.

Wilkes is a team I'm watching to make some noise in the MAC race heading into November. I look forward to following their progress as I'm impressed with the progression they've made since the start of last season.
Go Mustangs!