MBB: MAC Freedom League

Started by ljk, March 14, 2005, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Thompson

Recently graduated LVC player J.D. Byers has signed on as a graduate assistant at FDU-Florham.

Dauofs

Incoming Royals:

-- Paul Biagioli F 6-5 190 Fr. Waverly, Pa./Abington Heights  
-- Ryan FitzPatrick G 6-3 180 Fr. Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga  
-- Brendan Fuller F 6-6 195 Fr. Alexandria, Va./Bishop Ireton  
-- Paul Hawk F 6-8 190 Fr. Audubon, Pa./Methacton

Adam Burdett

6-8, 190.  Hope the air conditioner in the Long Center isn't blowing too hard or this kid will keep falling down.

ColonelJohn4Life

Huh... forgot this place existed.  I saw a pre-season Eagles game on TV tonight, and thought back to the glory days of 2004 when I was able to watch an Eagles pre-season game with various luminaries in Annville.

A Scranton recruit is 6'8" 190?  If I know Freedom players with those kind of dimensions, most of that 190 comes from his ears. ("When tax time comes around, I think he could claim those ears as dependents." -Adam Burdett)

Warren, thanks for the update on JDB.  Any chance he could call our boy Dave Jannuzzi and get a 5th season of eligiblity?  Only that, or out and out cheating circa 1997, could get FDU to the Big Dance.

Bob - Thanks for the update on recruits.  King's gets a Seton grad, and just in time!  I still have a few more seasons of Seton Catholic venom, and Scranton was about to graduate their lone Eagle alum. (Speaking of lanky oafs claiming their ears as dependents...)  

Huh, Jerry Rickrode shoots a hole-in-one.  How about that one?  I forget, was that the hole with the lighthouse or the windmill??

admin

This is a test of the emerging posting system. This is only a test.

ColonelJohn4Life

I could get to like this new board.  The "smite" button will be clutch the moment any King's fan (without the initials BZ) says a damn thing...
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Tim Flynn

Am I missing something? I don't see where the karma/smiting function is.

Pat Coleman

You have to reach a certain seniority level before you can affect someone's karma.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Tim Flynn

ColonelJohn4Life

Yes, this way the legendary One-Star Bandit can't smite a good post.

And, Tim, I gave your post some karma.  Enjoy.

(I LOVE the off-season!)

Tim Flynn

I don't know... I'll kind of miss the E-town fansOne-Star Bandit.

Warren Thompson

Poor ol' One-Star Bandit. What will he ever do henceforth to entertain himself?

saratoga

I've just learned that a 6'8" Aussie has transferred into the UofS. Supposidly the very real deal...and the answer to the loss of OD. The first time in many years that the Royals will have an honest inside/outside game. I'm also told that double-doubles will become very common & that the Scranton coaching staff is beyond excited with the entire group of kids coming in.

ColonelJohn4Life

A 6'8" kid transferring into the Freedom?  Yeah, I remember that guy.  He was walking around Wilkes's campus, circa 1999, wearing a College of Charleston t-shirt.  He had his map of Wilkes-Barre in his hands, and he looked pretty confused, but he was a mountain of a man.  Would have made a hell of a center.

Either way, Scranton Fan, hope this guy finds your campus.  Most 6'8" alleged transfers aren't the best with directions.  :D

Knightstalker

I heard he was getting into condition by swimming here from Australia.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).